https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker

Started by terryr, September 30, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

He had a strapped calf when he went off.... Hopefully he won't be out for long

Max Headroom

Jol should have had boateng on the bench... For the only position he can cover!

Holders

As and when we get a new manager I can see Parker as captain. Brede is an intelligent bloke but not an inspirational leader on the pitch.

If it is two weeks he should be back for Palace. In my view, it'll be Boateng who steps in with Kara on the bench.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: Holders on October 01, 2013, 07:58:24 AM
As and when we get a new manager I can see Parker as captain. Brede is an intelligent bloke but not an inspirational leader on the pitch.

If it is two weeks he should be back for Palace. In my view, it'll be Boateng who steps in with Kara on the bench.
I'll state upfront I didn't see the game...in fact I've struggled to catch many games this season as our TV service has gone to sh** and moved everything around (and hearing/reading the sentiment around poor performance hasn't helped)...anyway, from what I've read (paraphrasing) Brede seems to have been the one of worst players on Saturday. And Parker seems to have been one of the better ones since he signed. Has the fact that a natural leader (Murphy mkII) has arrived and Jol's alleged pi**poor man management skills upset the balance of the dressing room even further?
@hincharoo

BishopsParkFantastic

If Parker can't make it against Stoke then I would put our new guy Elsad in midfield alongside Kara, with Sidwell as 1st sub for either.

EJL

Quote from: Artful Dodger on September 30, 2013, 08:41:08 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 30, 2013, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on September 30, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
Didn't Parker play against West Brom? Was he not in the team that played  at Newcastle?  He is not a game changer. He does an average job averagely well.  Extensive market research suggests that Spuds fans were pleased to see him go. A team with Parker in it also needs a creative midfielder to pass the ball forwards ..we have Sidwell.

Parker has played against us on numerous occasions and not once did I think of him as being any kind of threat. Murphy outplayed him by a stretch each and every time.

Would you please let us know who done this "Extensive market research"
He's still the best we currently have given Boateng who we were after for about a year now seems not to be the player we thought.
After the stupidly high one Premier League appearance he has to his name. Bit ridiculous, really.

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 30, 2013, 09:20:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2013, 08:45:42 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 30, 2013, 08:39:22 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on September 30, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
Didn't Parker play against West Brom? Was he not in the team that played  at Newcastle?  He is not a game changer. He does an average job averagely well.  Extensive market research suggests that Spuds fans were pleased to see him go. A team with Parker in it also needs a creative midfielder to pass the ball forwards ..we have Sidwell.

Parker has played against us on numerous occasions and not once did I think of him as being any kind of threat. Murphy outplayed him by a stretch each and every time.

You can moan about Parker all you want but he's the best option we have at centre midfield right now. We will certainly play better with him than without him. I'm sure Spurs fans weren't too upset as they have Dembele, Sandro, Eriksen, Capoue and Paulinho.
he is a defensive mid. and id rather see kasami tried with boatang than have to endure another 90 mins of sidwell and parker doing nothing all game again

Do you actually go to games?
Parker has been our best player this season
which means nothing because we are having the worst season in our top flight history. we are getting dominated in every game, cant keep a clean sheet and still can not get the ball from defence to attack with any fluency. our system isnt working, and will not suddenly just start working if we keep doing the same thing every week, time to try something different before its too late (although ive resigned myself to the fact we will probably go down as our players are average at best)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Old Count

We're a much better team with Parker.  He often picks up the odd injury though. That's why I was surprised to see him play Tuesday.  Given our league predicament, it would have been better to have rested him.

The Old Count

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on September 30, 2013, 10:25:12 PM
Should have bought Huddlestone instead. Big mistake.

I heard Huddlestone didn't want to play for Jol.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2013, 07:26:26 AM
Parker has been the best thing that happened to our midfield since Murphy left. He has stepped into his shoes admirably, has the tenacity that Murphy had, the presence to organize, and lead by example. he runs endlessly, is happy to take the ball forward or lay it off, and tends to pass the ball forwards more than backwards (amazing I know, obviously he had the tactics sheet upside down).  And he gels with Sidders so well.

He is what we need as a skipper, one that commands the field. The longer he is with us, the better it will be for us.
i was not over excited when we signed him but watching his performances am so glad we signed him. need him in the team as he is real leader on the pitch which is what we have been missing since Smurf left us.

FFC1987

Hes certainly an upgrade to Sidwell but a pointless one really bearing in mind we already had a player who runs a lot, tackles hard and is relatively poor passing wise (passing offensively that is, superb stats for sideways and backward passing). I wasn't keen when he signed as he seemed a 'he's available so let's get him' rather than a necessity (passing ranged attacking CM) but hey hes proving me wrong with some superb performances and is generally trying to drive into the oppositiions area. I personally think our season will be judged on whether Bent/Berba can form a partnership.....Not holding my breath.

terryr

OK well, so far there isn't any news that I could find online.
I set up a Google alert and if it throws anything up, I'll post it.

grandad

Quote from: gerrys on October 01, 2013, 07:30:53 AM
Parker has been the best thing that happened to our midfield since Murphy left. He has stepped into his shoes admirably, has the tenacity that Murphy had, the presence to organize, and lead by example. he runs endlessly, is happy to take the ball forward or lay it off, and tends to pass the ball forwards more than backwards (amazing I know, obviously he had the tactics sheet upside down).  And he gels with Sidders so well.

He is what we need as a skipper, one that commands the field. The longer he is with us, the better it will be for us.
:plus one:

Where there's a will there's a wife

premFlem

Quote from: grandad on October 01, 2013, 03:01:46 PM
Quote from: gerrys on October 01, 2013, 07:30:53 AM

:plus two:
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

HatterDon

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 01, 2013, 11:38:32 AM

i was not over excited when we signed him but watching his performances am so glad we signed him. need him in the team as he is real leader on the pitch which is what we have been missing since Smurf left us.

absolutely agree. That's exactly how I felt and how I feel now.

I think that the new manager [soon please] would probably give the armband to Parker, and he'd probably do it with Big Brede's blessing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2013, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 01, 2013, 11:38:32 AM

absolutely agree. That's exactly how I felt and how I feel now.

I think that the new manager [soon please] would probably give the armband to Parker, and he'd probably do it with Big Brede's blessing.
think brede would be more pleased if our midfield actually gave them some protection for the first time this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.