watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your favorite away ground and why

Started by RidgeRider, October 01, 2013, 09:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Haven't done this in awhile but curious......at any level of football, what is your favorite away ground and why?

Fulham76

Villa is one of my favourites - nice stadium, good atmosphere. A shame we never win up there though! The one time I remember us winning, I was sat amongst the Villa fans when Simon Morgan & Steve Hayward, I think??? gave us a 0-2 win in the FA cup.

Also, one of the best away games I went to was away at Cambridge on the last game of Micky Adams promotion season. We won, which is a good start & had about 5,000 fans there that day. Total attendance was about 7,500.

epsomraver

Norwich, family ties, nice ground, friendly people.

LordNelson

Roots Hall, Southend United.  Great atmosphere, great train ride, good pubs right by the station.  Found a good tea shop near the peer.  Was freezing f'in cold after the match & found a tasty kabob shop.  Fantastic trip--would do it again in a heartbeat. 082.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The Emirates ..........................if you have to have a Stadium,  that is the best.  Probably better than Wembley. ................... and it is only 7 stops on the tube  :54:
Croke Park in Dublin is excellent also 

fulhams_finest

Quote from: KCat on October 01, 2013, 11:38:17 PM
The Emirates ..........................if you have to have a Stadium,  that is the best.  Probably better than Wembley. ................... and it is only 7 stops on the tube  :54:
Croke Park in Dublin is excellent also 

The emirates for me it seems soulless and also slightly like scumford bridge - if your at the back of the lower tier you have an awful view. The most amazing spectacle for me was Wolfsburgs stadium!

God The Mechanic

The Emirates is a fantastic looking stadium, but man the away area blows goats.

City of Manchester is pretty good from a view and experience perspective, and I was there for the 3-2 so there's at least one good memory from it :p

Sammyffc

went to a champs league game at old trafford with my uncle who is a ' manc ' . atmosphere was insane

Deanothefulhamfan

Reading or Portsmouth for me...

Reading - 20 Minutes up the road, and I have a few Reading friends that I meet up with before and after.... Makes it a good day all round.

Portsmouth - Fratton park holds a special in my heart, old style ground, first away trip when I was younger, and the ground which possibly provided me one of the greatest days ever being a fulham fan.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Doncaster Rovers (their old ground) - February 1996?

If we think our position under Jol is bad now......

We were one off the bottom in the old Division 4 & heading out of the league

Mickey Adams had just taken over as player / manager

The Doncaster fans had the old wooden rattles

We had about 50 fans, standing on 10 old concrete steps & no roof cover - in February!

One of our own was burning £5 notes & yelling "loads of money" & "northern b######s" to the home fans
- not really helpful

Somehow we managed a 2-0 away win - & Doncaster were riding high in the league @ the time managed by one Sammy Chung I think

That changed our season as we survived

MAF then arrived & the rest as they say is history

Look to the past lads - & to the future & fight for our lives starting against Stoke

COYW!

N.B. Doncaster served the very worst beef burgers ever - don't like to think what it was made of!

Fulhampete

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 01, 2013, 09:21:05 PM
Villa is one of my favourites - nice stadium, good atmosphere. A shame we never win up there though! The one time I remember us winning, I was sat amongst the Villa fans when Simon Morgan & Steve Hayward, I think??? gave us a 0-2 win in the FA cup.

Also, one of the best away games I went to was away at Cambridge on the last game of Micky Adams promotion season. We won, which is a good start & had about 5,000 fans there that day. Total attendance was about 7,500.
Was at the Abbey recently to watch Cambridge play Forest Green. Thought back to that day when we celebrated our promotion. They gave us three sides of the stadium. Great day, well up there in my list of Fulham memories.

fulhamfan

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamross on October 02, 2013, 09:26:34 AM

deliciously old school

Ahhh, the lovely Luton, (looks like it anyway). Not a million miles from me either.
Always enjoy walking through & viewing the locals washing on the lines on the way up the stairs to the away end...

the nutflush

Underhill Stadium Barnet.  Cant believe how much that pitch slopes.  Crazy.

keith

Being an old Elephant and Castle boy, Millwalls' "Old Den".

Burt

Quote from: the nutflush on October 02, 2013, 12:16:50 PM
Underhill Stadium Barnet.  Cant believe how much that pitch slopes.  Crazy.

Harrogate Town had the most insane slope to the far right hand corner. I believe it has been leveled this season. They do great sausage and chips, and the hot bovril is to die for.

Guinness Haze

Emirates does it for me too.  Blew my mind the first time and is still my favourite by far.

HatterDon

The original Wembley Stadium. Why? Because I got to see Malcolm McDonald put in five goals in one international. I had toured the stadium before, but that was my only England international to attend in person.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Arundel in the Sussex county league. Used to like playing there, in the shadow of the castle. Other than that, Southampton. My mate supports them so we go on occasions.

Kell

Quote from: HatterDon on October 02, 2013, 02:37:27 PM
The original Wembley Stadium. Why? Because I got to see Malcolm McDonald put in five goals in one international. I had toured the stadium before, but that was my only England international to attend in person.

V Cyprus 1975 I believe HD