watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Back to Basics or Something new

Started by cheerupjimmyhill, October 01, 2013, 11:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheerupjimmyhill

Looks like Jol is here for a while so the way i see it is we either go back to basics i.e. as solid as possible well as possible as we can be that is or try something completely new.

So here goes

Solidish;
                                  Stockdale/Stek

Reither            Senderos                     Hangeland               Amorebieta

Dejagah                         Boateng      Parker                                Duff

Ruiz

Bent

Something New;

Stockdale/Stek

Senderos      Hangeland    Amorebieta

Riether                                   Parker                                 Duff

Kasami                             Taarabt             

Ruiz

Bent

Lots of alternatives such as Dejagah, Berba, Richardson, kaka, Rodallega, Sidders or Boateng just to sit in front of the back three.

Infact the more you look at the players we have why are we playing with such a lack of confidence and cohesion? Apart from the obvious answer that is.

Logicalman

Based on Bredes recent performances, reducing the back line to three and including him is a recipe for disaster imho.

I would replace Brede with Senderos and then put Reither in Phils place, and Dejagah in Reither's place.

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2013, 11:32:35 PM
Based on Bredes recent performances, reducing the back line to three and including him is a recipe for disaster imho.

I would replace Brede with Senderos and then put Reither in Phils place, and Dejagah in Reither's place.

Yeah can see why although they say form is temporary and class is permanent plus perhaps he is feeling the pressure of being captain of a sinking ship and as someone who is obviously loyal to us is feeling it more than most.

Logicalman

Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on October 01, 2013, 11:39:55 PM

Yeah can see why although they say form is temporary and class is permanent plus perhaps he is feeling the pressure of being captain of a sinking ship and as someone who is obviously loyal to us is feeling it more than most.

He needs to tell Jol to give the armband to another then, surely he can see his performances and attitude is so very poor, even if Jol cannot.

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2013, 11:42:46 PM
Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on October 01, 2013, 11:39:55 PM

He needs to tell Jol to give the armband to another then, surely he can see his performances and attitude is so very poor, even if Jol cannot.

Perhaps he has. What i have no doubt is that the one player that deserves the support from us through a rough patch it is him especially as he has had 3 different partners already this season.

Logicalman

Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on October 01, 2013, 11:54:12 PM

Perhaps he has. What i have no doubt is that the one player that deserves the support from us through a rough patch it is him especially as he has had 3 different partners already this season.

I see your point, though, if you look at it from another perspective, could it be that he is the problem, and not the partners? Just putting it out there.

cheerupjimmyhill

Quote from: Logicalman on October 02, 2013, 12:10:31 AM
Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on October 01, 2013, 11:54:12 PM

I see your point, though, if you look at it from another perspective, could it be that he is the problem, and not the partners? Just putting it out there.

'The common denominator' true but also the 'common denominator' in arguably the most successful period in our history.

He did have an absolute shocker on Saturday though in fact so bad it was almost, almost funny.

valdeingruo

I think the thing with Brede is a variety of things mashed into one big pile. He has been very loyal to Fulham and through that loyalty has gained the captaincy. He has to be feeling that as Captain there is something he could be doing to help Fulham win matches, being Captain hes got to feel responsible (as should all of the players) for this run of form. Being moved about and different partners in defense cant be helping either.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RaySmith

I think Brede is badly affected by controversy and uncertainty around the club, and crowd hostility - as well  having to adapt to a new partner, and being played out of position.

I'm sure this loss of form is temporary, as it has been before. He will be aware of his, and the defence's in general terrible performance last Saturday, and I'm sure he is working to rectify this.

Deanothefulhamfan

Whilst I agree that Hangeland has been well below par this seson, I do agree with Ray that certain factors will have come into this. He has played with 3 different partners in 6 games. I also beleive that he genuinley loves Fulham, and all this hostilliy is not doing ANY of the players good. I know it is perhaps being directed at the manager but our players will be losing confidence.

In response to the OP I like the second team, and would be really happy if we had 3 at the back, and tried something new.

sipwell

Something old (half the team)
Something new (Parker/Bent)
Something blue...

See why this marriage (Jol-Fulham) can't last!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Riverside

would playing the ball forward count as something new ?
If so . Count me in

rusty shackleford

Quote from: sipwell on October 02, 2013, 07:23:36 AM
Something old (half the team)
Something new (Parker/Bent)
Something blue...

See why this marriage (Jol-Fulham) can't last!

You for got something borrowed (the other half of the team)

jarv

I think it was Finnister who said "Hughes makes Hangeland look good" but now that Hughes is just about done and the break up of the Thames barrier happened some time ago, Hangeland has been found out for the relatively ordinary player that he is.
Don't get me wrong, a decent defender, but certainly not a Rio Ferdinand.

Deanothefulhamfan

Probably a bad example to use there Jarv, although I do see the point you are making.... How Rio is still starting is beyond me, he was made to look very very average against a wba player at the weekend.  He jas looked a bit of the pace for a lottle while now imo

Hopefullly Burn will come in next season to replace Hangeland, but I do think Hangeland has a lot to offer this season for us. Just needs a partner he can work with on a regular basis, and probably the added pressure of captaincy needs to be given to someone else.

HatterDon

Hangeland was visibly sub-par last season also -- especially in the horrific 2nd half of the season. It was seldom commented on, however, because half the posters blamed everything on Hughes and the other half blamed everything on Senderos.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

So now, I deduce, we need not only a striker and centre midfiled creator but a new  centre back pairing. How depressing fp.gif
Correct ferdinand was a bad example to compare with. I agree hangers still has a lot to offer with the right partner.

HatterDon

If everyone is healthy, against bruiser of a center forward we do Senderos and Hangeland. Against a quick, tricky forward line, we do Hughes and Hangeland.

If Hangeland is unfit, we do Amorebieta in his place. In the interim, I'd like to see Love Bite have a shot at LB -- maybe a couple of full matches there -- to see what he can do. Of course, the new boss may have other ideas entirely.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on October 02, 2013, 06:43:37 AM
I think Brede is badly affected by controversy and uncertainty around the club, and crowd hostility - as well  having to adapt to a new partner, and being played out of position.

I'm sure this loss of form is temporary, as it has been before. He will be aware of his, and the defence's in general terrible performance last Saturday, and I'm sure he is working to rectify this.
[/quote

We have used about 23 different players this season after only half a dozen games, everyone has had to adjust to a different partner at some time. Perhaps that is the problem , no one knows our best team or our best formation.

Bassey the warrior

Richardson doesn't deserve to be dropped, granted his crossing was poor against Cardiff but he offers pace and is decent defensively. Brede however has been poor for much of the season. He needs a reality check.