watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockers 4 England?

Started by Craven Mad, October 04, 2013, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Following the sharp decline in Hart's form, I was wondering if anyone thought that our 'young' English keeper may have a chance of breaking into the national squad? He's had an extended run in the league, has worked with Hodgson before (was even brought to the club by Roy - if memory serves me) and has actually played pretty well this season - all things considered - as most of the goals conceded could be blamed on our defence...

I personally still think he needs to improve: his control of the back 4, his ability at set pieces, and where he chooses parry the ball to (please not across the goal to the opposition's poacher..). But he's undoubtedly come on leaps and bounds from previous years. And seems to be benefitting from an extended run in the team. Furthermore, with time and confidence, he can definitely improve on his flaws and has plenty of other strengths.

I'm not necessarily saying he 100% deserves it, but he's one of a small number of English GKs playing at the top-level who may have a chance of displacing Joe Hart. I was interested to hear what people's opinion of this may be?

He'd get my vote. Even if it was just to see an FFC player in the England team!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 04, 2013, 02:43:12 PM
He'd get my vote. Even if it was just to see an FFC player in the England team!

Never won a World Cup without one, so what's the harm?

Holders

He's been called up before, of course. I thought he might get a squad position what with Roy being at the Everton game but evidently not. Maybe he was looking at Parker instead.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Craven Mad

Also, just found this: http://www.thescore.com/epl/goalie_splits/clean_sheets

It suggests that Stockdale concedes a goal for every 10.6 shots he faces. Hart concedes one for every 7.7 shots. Then if you consider how much better Hart's defence is..

However, according to the stats though, it does suggest Ruddy could be the other great option, at 1 goal per 14 shots.

Still, not too bad for Stockdale

chiefo

Brown@FFC

Not good enough. Useless from crosses, small lad and not enough experience. He is a great shot stopper, but is average at everything else.

Sammyffc

I personally think fraser forster is miles better than stockers . what a keeper he is

Bassey the warrior

Definitely has to be called up. Him, Ruddy and Hart.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on October 04, 2013, 03:51:42 PM

Not Fraser Forster?

Don't think Stockdale shoud be near the England team but then again, neither should Hart.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jack Fulham on October 04, 2013, 04:14:54 PM
Quote from: The Moose on October 04, 2013, 03:51:42 PM

Not Fraser Forster?

Don't think Stockdale shoud be near the England team but then again, neither should Hart.
Never really seen Forster, although to be fair playing for the best team in Scitland must make his job a bit easier. Granted he's played CL football but that's just a few games a season.Which three keepers would you choose then?

Big Martin Jol

I think Butland is a real prospect. It's a shame his development has been stunted by the whole Stoke saga.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Sammyffc

Spanish Reports are saying barca are looking at forster as valdes's replacement

Pluto

Quote from: Sammyffc on October 04, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Spanish Reports are saying barca are looking at forster as valdes's replacement

I highly doubt that. Bar a good couple of games against them, I personally think he's very overrated and he came under a fair amount of criticism last season similar to the sort of criticism Hart is getting now.

Sammyffc

If you haven't got time to read :

Danni Alves - Alves said: "Only the club can answer how accurate the reports are on the interest in Forster but if they are true then it doesn't surprise me.

"Barcelona are a club that are always looking to add quality and it's clear Forster has real quality."

HatterDon

If there's a Stockdale-Hodgson link to this, it's worth pointing out that he was regularly in the England squad until Roy took over. Since then, he's not had a call-up. I think Hodgson might be the least likely boss to get him his first cap.

I hope I'm wrong. He is significantly better than Schwarzer was his last two seasons with us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 04, 2013, 03:12:39 PM
Not good enough. Useless from crosses, small lad and not enough experience. He is a great shot stopper, but is average at everything else.
Extreme exaggerations all round.

'Small lad': he's 6'3.

Bassey the warrior

I know zilch about this guy but if he went to Barca I'd be pretty chuffed, he could only improve there and that would give Hart some genuine competition, which in turn could guard him against this complacency that has hit his form over the past year.