watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol - Dead Man Walking?

Started by JDH101, October 04, 2013, 06:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Just noticed Khan's Jacksonville Jaguars are playing at Wembley on 27th October. So he'll definitely be over for that.

My theory is Jol has until then to turn things around. Thats Stoke and Palace at home and Southampton away.

If I were large and in charge I'd say I need 6 points minimum from those games. And a significant improvement in performance too.

Bassey the warrior

If we lose this weekend I would be very surprised to see him in a job by time we play Crystal Palace.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

Agreed, as long as they do have someone to step in immediately.

JDH101

I don't think he gets fired if we lose. Unless its like a 3 - 0 thumping or something. I think it would just mean he has to win the next two. One of which is southampton away.

Don't get me wrong, I want him gone more than most, but I get the feeling that the plan from the board is 6 points from next 3 or Jol is out.

Logicalman

I guess we are all basing this on the fact that Khan is not currently in London at the moment then? Perhaps he is, and Sunday could be the showdown day, especially if, as reports claim, he is talking with possible replacements.

BestOfBrede

Perhaps this is all speculation and Mr Khan has other thoughts?

JDH101

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 04, 2013, 07:13:54 PM

Smart cookie. My guess that this thread is all speculation too. Based upon the start of the second line of the OP: "My theory..."

ron

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 04, 2013, 07:13:54 PM

A collapse through the divisions, a winding up order, transfer of assets to the gridiron game, blocks of flats.....who knows what surprises lie ahead now that football, the working man's game, is now a case of billionaires playing Monopoly for real?

Tooting legend

I think no matter then result Jol will be gone......After tomorrows game we have an international break and I personally think Fulham will bring in their man then so gets he to train for 2 weeks with the players that are not international duty and then a few days with rest of the squad before the Palace game....Obviously I am wanting a Fulham win tomorrow and 3 pts before the break but for Jol the result is a non starter....... 093.gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/04/manager-video

....so Delap is still a Stoke player??? someone should tell Burton Albion .....

Motown

Realistically, he's dead. His relationship with the FFC board is at freeze level to say the least - and his latest soundbites about lack of funds as an excuse for his total ineptitude in getting HIS team to play together in some sort of coherent fashion, hasn't helped. How about his earlier comments re we shouldn't be expecting higher than 13th? We now have one of the oldest squads in the prem - sizeable proportion of which are HIS signings. He appears to have largely ignored an academy which is highly rated whilst stubbornly sticking with a nucleus that isn't cutting it. Please Go.

And Please God the replacement is NOT O'Neill......
You only get true support from surgical pants

JDH101

Quote from: KCat on October 04, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/04/manager-video

Thanks for posting. 3 mins in... "we are the better team (in reference to Cardiff), and it showed and we were the better team".

No we weren't Jol. We got absolutely battered from start to finish. Battered. We scored an individual goal totally against the run of play right before half time.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

.............But Martin says he has not ignored the youth
he just does not pick them because he has Berb and Bent ..................... well I think that is what he said

You judge
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/october/04/jol-on-young-whites

ScalleysDad

I wonder. When the dust has settled, the blood letting has ceased and there is a rainbow over The Cottage will the analysis show the demise of Jol was the introduction of Berbatov?

HatterDon

He's gone after tomorrow's match regardless of the result.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2013, 08:12:06 PM

agreed, he should have been sacked last season. He is dead man walking already.

Jimpav

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 04, 2013, 07:58:44 PM
I wonder. When the dust has settled, the blood letting has ceased and there is a rainbow over The Cottage will the analysis show the demise of Jol was the introduction of Berbatov?

I was wondering this myself - after all we finished with our highest ever points total in Jols first season.

On the other hand though Berbatov eased to 13 goals last season without breaking a sweat.

I can't help but think that Jol made his own bed though when he signed Berbatov.  He has built his 'tactics' round him and his reluctance to drop him makes it hard to change the way we play.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2013, 08:12:06 PM

No he won't  But is it too much to hope that when he eventually drags his sorry derriere out of our lives,  he gets a job abroad.   I  so don't want to listen or read his nonsense

Jimpav

Seeing as we're Rupert's it should be a little more high brow...

Time to say goodbye perhaps