PaulJ123

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
Parker Boateng
Dejagah Taarabt Kasami
Bent

HatterDon

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 06, 2013, 03:21:55 PM
Stockdale is useless from crosses, and his handling isn't great. Stek is our best GK, and when fit, will play.

and that judgment's based on one match that most of us didn't see?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Stek will be rusty; Stockdale continues to play well.  No brainer for me, if I was God.  Stockdale would start.

Riversider

I'll ask again then, name me just ONE other Premier League team that Stockdale would get in to, just one ?

Brown@FFC

Quote from: HatterDon on October 07, 2013, 01:44:20 AM
Stockdale is useless from crosses, and his handling isn't great. Stek is our best GK, and when fit, will play.

No, that is from what I've seen all season.

EJL

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 07, 2013, 07:34:39 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 07, 2013, 01:44:20 AM

No, that is from what I've seen all season.
First Duff and now Stockdale. Is there anyone else you'd like to throw bizarre criticism towards?

the nutflush

Quote from: IranianCottager on October 06, 2013, 07:12:00 PM
---------------------Stekelenburg---------------------
-Riether------Senderos---Amorebieta---Richardson-
-----------------Parker-----Boateng------------------
-Dejagah--------------Kasami---------------Taarabt-
-------------------------Bent--------------------------

Bench:
Stockdale, Zverotic, Hangeland, Karagounis, Duff, Ruiz, Berbatov

This

RoyTund

4-4-2 with that side?  Don't expect the ball to stick up top.

grandad

Don´t you realise that if fit Jol will always start with both Berba & Ruiz. The other 9 places are anybodies guess.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

Ahh Management without consequences! It looks so easy doesn't it

gerrys

Quote from: Riversider on October 07, 2013, 05:08:59 AM
I'll ask again then, name me just ONE other Premier League team that Stockdale would get in to, just one ?

Hull ???

EJL

Quote from: Riversider on October 07, 2013, 05:08:59 AM
Hull, Palace, Cardiff, Sunderland, Norwich and maybe Everton (Howard has been dreadful of late, but is a better keeper on form).

FFCByTheRiver

Stockdale is a good goalkeeper. Stekelenburg is a world class goalkeeper.

Stockdale may have played quite well recently (few minor wobbles - doesn't command box particularly well) but I'm afraid that a fit Stekelenburg is a very simple choice.

These are the sort of decisions that shouldn't be too hard, assuming we want our team to be the best they can be.

Stek
Riether Senderos Hangeland Amorebieta
Dejagah Parker Boateng Kasami
Ruiz
Bent

I've liked Amorebieta at LB a lot, Senderos is on form, and I thought Hangeland actually had a good half against Stoke, certainly much better than his other recent performances.

Dejagah walks back in due to his partnership with Riether (our best player!), whilst Kasami, who needs to play, can be accommodated at LM fairly easily I believe - Amorebieta is superb cover too.

Parker - obviously, leader on the field and I believe should be our captain. Controls our game.

Boateng - enthusiasm and energy that we've been lacking. Protects back 4 better than Sidwell too, and we need that considering how many shots we've allowed. Sorry Steve.

The controversial choice here is Ruiz, but I think that he's the ideal catalyst to enable a player like Bent. IF Berbatov started ahead of Bent (he shouldn't, on current form) then I'd switch out Ruiz for Taarabt.

jarv

wow, a lot of different opinions on here. must be mr. Jol's tactics to confuse. It is not often diehard supporters pick so many different players in their starting line up.
Some even have wholesale changes!! Given our manager I think we can safely say that will not happen. I mean, MJ view will be we turned the corner, the team played well for 20 minutes and you never change a winning team. Forget about the previous 25 games. problem solved now.
Mr J, in that 20 minutes did you notice Barbatov was not on the pitch?
Reply....really? I never noticed that.

Deanothefulhamfan

Stockdale has been one of our best performers this season, so I find the criticism really unfair.....he has a makeshift back four infront of him every week. I have seen Stockdale take plenty of catches and punch when he feels necessary as ever other goalkeeper does.... Some are better at catching but I can think of lots of other prem goalkeepers who are not as good a shot stopper as Stockdale is.  I think we are one of the highest teams that has conceded the most shots towards our goal in the whole of Europe....

Riversider what are you basing your theory on out of interest?

Hart is the most out of form goalkeeper in the league,  Sunderland have conceded the most?

Would rather have Stockdale then half of the other " big name" goalkeepers at the moment

horse1031

Quote from: HatterDon on October 06, 2013, 02:23:28 PM
I can't believe so many of you believe that Stekelenberg should just walk back into the XI. Stockdale has done a very good job. Our defensive problems aren't down to him. We lead the league in shots against. That's not something a GK can control.

We give up set piece goals all the time.  Some of those are down to Stockdale, some are down to our defenders giving free headers.  He is too blame on some of the free headers the opposition has had.

If stek is fit he should be starting.  Stockdale is a good keeper but why wait if Stek is fit?

Deanothefulhamfan

Because NO player should walk back into a team...  Terrible for Morale and confidence of the player who is dropped. Even RVP was a sub against Wba for the mighty Man united, and lets face it Steklenberg is likely to ger injured agai , so we need to show faith in our number 2 ( even for one game )

Stockdale cannot be blamed for the set piece goals we give away... Our defending set pieces have been shocking, Caulker and Mcauleys goals were good headers but they were free headers. ( Hangeland both times if I remember correctly)

Our defence needs tearing apart not our goalkeeper

MJG

You only have to listen and read Jol's comments after Saturday and Stockdale will be dropped straight away. Shame because I don't think he's the issue at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4