watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ANNOYING fans

Started by Sammyffc, October 06, 2013, 02:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

There was a couple behind us last season who relentlessly gave Kaca a hard time. Constant. In the end I turned around to them both and asked why the hell they paid good money if all they were going to do was slag Kaca off. Well, perhaps I was a bit less diplomatic than that. But they got the message, much to the relief of everyone in the vicinity. I got a little round of applause :)

Matt Inglis

At the Cardiff game everyone around me booed Stockdale and would jeer when he did something well. The same people predictably booed the team off at half-time. Incredible.
I personally wouldn't keep Jol but I try to go into every game with a positive attitude and cheer the boys on, otherwise they will feel under pressure from minute 1.
It baffles me how people can say they support Fulham if they are just going to turn up and boo. That might be following the team, but it's certainly not supporting them.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Forever Fulham

I have often wondered why otherwise ordinary folks become spectator tyrants during games.  Since when do social norms, rules of decorum, and just plain human decency fly out the window when you take your seat and the whistle blows?  The other day, I went to an MLS game with an extra ticket gifted by a friend.  The assigned seat was next to a section set aside for particularly boisterous noisesome group of fans.  The backs of their seat were taped with a "Reserved for" sign.  And the sign contained a disclaimer about sitting in such seats if you disliked loud overly assertive fan behaviour.  So, it was clear this particular fan group's activities were being condoned, sanctioned, by the club.  They were relentlessly uncouth, sarcastic, juvenile in their taunting of the other team's players and manager.  In short, they acted like spoiled bullies who thought the rules of social behaviour were somehow magically suspended during the game, that they were free to say any foul and hurtful thing they wanted no matter what.  And how they laughed at the presumed cleverness of their ceaseless taunts and mean-spirited chants.  I kept waiting for the Second Act, but it never came.  Just more of the same.  I think the club thought this was an acceptable practice and would generate more fans, more bodies in seats.  And I think the club thought it was taking a cue from what it thought was standard fare in European stadiums.  Really pissed me off. 

Berserker

We could have an area for miserable gits. I mean at the Cottage by the way not on here ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

NorfolkJim

We need a special moaning section, a bit like the family area but far away from them andf somewhere where the acoustics are pretty rotten - or possibly P4 (with apolgies to people who want to sit in P4 - goodness knows why you would but each to their own- eh?)

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on October 07, 2013, 07:05:40 AM
We could have an area for miserable gits. I mean at the Cottage by the way not on here ;-)

That would take in  of most of the ground  :005:

SKSW6

There were 2 idiots at the back between H5 and 6 who just kept shouting "Jol out" and "sacked in the morning" with no one else joining in around the 60 minute mark. They kept booing anyone singing "Martin Jol's black and white army" too. It was obviously pissing a lot of other people off, and I think it may have sparked the great atmosphere around the 70th minute, in part to drown them out.

Lighthouse

MOO Moan Moan MOO Moan moan complain moo Moan.

Will people just stop complaining about the complaining fans in grounds.

Can you imagine them all being herded into one part of the ground?

Are you a moaner sir or madam?

MOOOAN moooann   

Then in the Riverside near Jol. The coral for moaners.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

I've got one of those guys two rows in front. I call him Mr Adverb.

"OHHH, RUIZ. That is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL"

King_Crud

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 07, 2013, 03:38:40 AM
I have often wondered why otherwise ordinary folks become spectator tyrants during games.  Since when do social norms, rules of decorum, and just plain human decency fly out the window when you take your seat and the whistle blows?  The other day, I went to an MLS game with an extra ticket gifted by a friend.  The assigned seat was next to a section set aside for particularly boisterous noisesome group of fans.  The backs of their seat were taped with a "Reserved for" sign.  And the sign contained a disclaimer about sitting in such seats if you disliked loud overly assertive fan behaviour.  So, it was clear this particular fan group's activities were being condoned, sanctioned, by the club.  They were relentlessly uncouth, sarcastic, juvenile in their taunting of the other team's players and manager.  In short, they acted like spoiled bullies who thought the rules of social behaviour were somehow magically suspended during the game, that they were free to say any foul and hurtful thing they wanted no matter what.  And how they laughed at the presumed cleverness of their ceaseless taunts and mean-spirited chants.  I kept waiting for the Second Act, but it never came.  Just more of the same.  I think the club thought this was an acceptable practice and would generate more fans, more bodies in seats.  And I think the club thought it was taking a cue from what it thought was standard fare in European stadiums.  Really pissed me off. 

are you saying there was a loud group doing chants and waving banners etc, or was it assigned to moaney people sitting there have a swear?

MJG

I have a couple of Geordie speaking fans sitting behind me in H block of the JH stand and their stock shout is 'On them'
Must have heard it 50 times on Saturday. Its beginning to irritate a tad.

epsomraver

Quote from: King_Crud on October 07, 2013, 10:42:26 AM

are you saying there was a loud group doing chants and waving banners etc, or was it assigned to moaney people sitting there have a swear?

I wonder forever if you have ever attended a game in the UK? the grounds are full of those people, they are the norm not the exception at some grounds.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on October 07, 2013, 10:48:20 AM
I have a couple of Geordie speaking fans sitting behind me in H block of the JH stand and their stock shout is 'On them'
Must have heard it 50 times on Saturday. Its beginning to irritate a tad.

No they were shouting to their mates they wanted onions on the burger! :005:

King_Crud

Quote from: epsomraver on October 07, 2013, 10:49:11 AM

I wonder forever if you have ever attended a game in the UK? the grounds are full of those people, they are the norm not the exception at some grounds.

I'm thinking he might have been next to an area of active supporters (chants, flags etc) such as they have in Germany etc. I know they have them in the MLS and other leagues such as Japan, Australia etc. If he was then I don't know what he was expecting.

Southcoastffc

A few years ago, when we lost away to Portsmouth (5- 4 or 4-3) at half time the Portsmouth stewards were delighted because an elderly female Fulham supporter complained that the Fulham drummer was making too much noise........................ You really couldn't make it up.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: King_Crud on October 07, 2013, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on October 07, 2013, 10:49:11 AM

I'm thinking he might have been next to an area of active supporters (chants, flags etc) such as they have in Germany etc. I know they have them in the MLS and other leagues such as Japan, Australia etc. If he was then I don't know what he was expecting.
No, this was beyond an 'active supporters' set aside section.  I've sat next to drumming/rhythm sections and the like.  This was a relentlessly constantly negative group of name callers and character assassins.  I gladly accept a wide range of commentary at a game. 

Skatzoffc

In the words of Jim Morrison, "people are strange" I think its all part of the game tho.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I was sit in H5 and this fella basically complained loudly using the C word loads of times with kids around him. His main targets were Bent (he managed to give him stick even after he scored), Berbatov, Ruiz and Karagounis. he was unbearable.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!