watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham offer Meulensteen coaching role

Started by TootingKhanmun, October 06, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TootingKhanmun

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham offer Meulensteen coaching role as former United man looks to return to football

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446628/Fulham-offer-Rene-Meulensteen-coaching-role-ex-Manchester-United-man-looks-Premier-League-return.html#ixzz2gxyGvP1x
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446628/Fulham-offer-Rene-Meulensteen-coaching-role-ex-Manchester-United-man-looks-Premier-League-return.html

Fulham have made Rene Meulensteen an offer to join the club's coaching team.

The former Manchester United coach has been out of work since his departure from Anzhi Makhachkala.

But Sportsmail understands the Dutchman has been offered a route back to the Premier League by the Craven Cottage club, which would see him form part of Martin Jol's staff.

Meulensteen met Fulham chiefs for dinner towards the back end of September and the highly-respected coach impressed during talks.

Discussions over a move for Sir Alex Ferguson's right-hand man have progressed steadily over recent days, culminating in Fulham's offer.

Meulensteen will mull over the offer during the next 48 hours before deciding whether to join the West London club, but Fulham are said to be hopeful of a positive conclusion.

The coach is understood to have a number of coaching opportunities in the United Arab Emirates, which are believed to be more lucrative than Fulham's offer.

But Meulensteen is said to be keen on a return to England.

TootingKhanmun

Former Manchester United assistant manager Rene Meulensteen has been offered a place on Fulham's coaching staff.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/meulensteen-offered-fulham-coaching-role-28483/

The Daily Mail report that Meulensteen met with Fulham chiefs to finalise the deal that would see him work alongside Martin Jol as they hope to build momentum after winning their second game of the season against Stoke City on Saturday.

Meulensteen has been linked with the vacant Sunderland job as well as the Fulham job, although Jol seems to have held off any talks of being sacked with their vital win this weekend.

The article suggest Meulensteen has been given two days to think the move over before giving Fulham his answer on Tuesday.

Meulensteen could reject the offer, however, having thought to have been given several lucrative coaching roles in the United Arab Emirates.

Fulham will hope the lure of the Premier League will be enough for him to return, having had a short period away from England at Anzhi Makhachkala, although that lasted just 16 days.

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

ScalleysDad

I hope this one works out. Our senior coaching staff were being ignored yesterday. Shite warm ups and at half time we saw one of the more embarrassing scenes on the pitch when two players were 'chatting' to stoke players rather than tuning in and one of the aforementioned senior coaches was trying to get the attention of another player from about forty metres away. If the player in question was being called back as a half time substitute it would have all been rather shambolic. Maybe it was and we will never know until the book comes out.
Get RM in and maybe, just maybe our corners will clear the front post and those coming in will be cleared. I think under this regime some of the fears that key players will leave will be eased .............. although some of these key players really aren't very good in a team environment anyway.

TootingKhanmun

I noticed something really odd against Chelsea, well in the 2nd half anyway. Not one Fulham player left the dug out to warm up / run up and down the touch line. It was only Fat Frank plus 3 or 4 other Chelsea players.

ron

Go take the dirhams in the UAE Rene.

Coming to the Cottage will only entrench Jol, and make proper change less likely.

Holders

Jol goes at the end of the season so if he's prepared to come now he can step up then, having hopefully worked his magic in the meantime.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Riverside

I wonder what Berba would think of this ?
Must have been together at United .

HatterDon

this pisses me off. If true, and if Rene accepts, that means we're stuck with Jol until Christmas by which time we might be buried so deep we can't get out.

Now, Rene REPLACING Jol is something different altogether.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Quote from: HatterDon on October 07, 2013, 01:56:16 AM
this pisses me off. If true, and if Rene accepts, that means we're stuck with Jol until Christmas by which time we might be buried so deep we can't get out.

Now, Rene REPLACING Jol is something different altogether.

If he is appointed it will probably improve the coaching thereby it should improve results which would mean Jol would stay as the team where once again doing well or if he comes in and we lose to Palace and/or Soton he would be in position to replace Jol and not be already appointed as the Sunderland manager where he has been linked with the job, either way as a Fulham fan I think it is a Win Win situation  065.gif

FFCByTheRiver

I agree with JBH at this point - I think it's a win/win in terms of short-term improvement and potentially long-term replacement.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Riverside on October 06, 2013, 11:44:28 PM
I wonder what Berba would think of this ?
Must have been together at United .

I am not aiming a dig at you but after the last few performances I wonder if the decision makers outside of Jol himself actually care. Berbatov could be off to PSG, Zenith or similar on January 1st to regain his mythical status as a master of his art .......... and reap shed loads of money. He certainly isn't dying for his coach these days.

Lighthouse

Jol it seems is making noises about wanting to see if the club and the new owner  still want to make the club as successful as Jols other clubs. Jol promised Berbatov when Berba came in that Fulham were not relegation material. Now I am reading too much into all this but ot may be Jol is trying to distance himself from any responsibility concerning the present state of our team. Thus allowing him room to mutually leave with the thanks of the club and allowing a new manager to come in.

I know I am seeing things that are not there. But it is my way of coping. :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 07, 2013, 10:57:53 AM
Jol it seems is making noises about wanting to see if the club and the new owner  still want to make the club as successful as Jols other clubs. Jol promised Berbatov when Berba came in that Fulham were not relegation material. Now I am reading too much into all this but ot may be Jol is trying to distance himself from any responsibility concerning the present state of our team. Thus allowing him room to mutually leave with the thanks of the club and allowing a new manager to come in.

I know I am seeing things that are not there. But it is my way of coping. :005:

You need to sign up to The Enclave as the same thoughts prosper there. At least Dempsey wasn't mentioned. A new one on Saturday was Billy Mac, paperwork thrown to the floor, yelling at some one on the pitch. Stating a claim perhaps ............. there we go seeing things that are not there again......

Delboy

If Rene comes, does it mean Madam Edith will be singing at half time, Doh!

Burt

I hope this comes to pass.

I can't see how we can lose.

Jol is obviously used to a more comprehensive coaching set up at the "bigger" clubs he has worked for before, and this will fill the gap and hopefully improve the deficiencies we have all grown to know and love over the past year or so.

It also provides succession, in the event that at some point downstream Jol does end up leaving.

grandad

One person, the manager, does not deal with all the coaching. He will tell them his overall ideas & the rest of the coaching staff take their groups & try to put it into action. There is obviously something not working. I think the coaching set up is far too complicated. Too many bodies on the payroll. Get this new chap in & get rid of those not necessary.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

Quote from: Delboy on October 07, 2013, 11:37:41 AM
If Rene comes, does it mean Madam Edith will be singing at half time, Doh!

Stupid woman! Can you not see ... oh, please yourselves.  :Get Coat gif:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I'll will say this only once. They will meet in the back passage
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope