watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Golden Lion

Started by SouthfieldWhite, October 12, 2013, 07:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

I know everyone goes to Rockwells and other much finer establishments these days, but I have fond memories of the lion. Southfield, lbno11, cork city, the pills, American Mikey and, err - a few banned members out back in the garden was a good time with good peeps. I go where the crowd goes as I like to see everyone, but the place is fine and I only went one last year but I enjoyed it :)

King_Crud

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 13, 2013, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on October 13, 2013, 09:31:37 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 12, 2013, 10:50:57 PM
There must be something in the air. My regular, the OSP, is getting a facelift over the next few weeks and will be back all sparkly and new in a month or so.

the Flute & Whistle has also turned into some sort of w*** bar with no tvs. Noticed after the Stoke game there was barely a soul in there, normally it would be packed with people to watch the 5:30pm game, myself included.

They removed all the TVs and turned it into some tacky looking American diner/cocktail bar. A lot of the old regulars now drink in The Normanby on Putney Bridge Road. Sean, the old assistant manager is now AM in the Normanby too and 2 of the bar staff have moved there.

good stuff, I will check it out next game

TheDaddy

Barrred by the toothy fairy in the Lion.Use the bedford arms down dawes rd now the osp will be m.i.a soon that or the chancellors but thats a shoe box.........Rockwells is good for fofer faces too
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

TheDaddy

Quote from: Burt on October 14, 2013, 01:06:48 PM
Bring back the Cottage!

Blame Fat Lampard for that, part of his growing property empire .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Vinnieffc

079.gif
Quote from: Rudolph on October 13, 2013, 07:54:10 PM
I find this sniffy attitude towards the Lion to be disappointing.  It's part of my matchday and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I would imagine the sniffy attitude is all down to the smell of piss ;-)

Rudolph

Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 14, 2013, 07:21:21 PM
079.gif
Quote from: Rudolph on October 13, 2013, 07:54:10 PM
I find this sniffy attitude towards the Lion to be disappointing.  It's part of my matchday and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I would imagine the sniffy attitude is all down to the smell of piss ;-)

Haha.  Yes it certain attracts a right shower of people.

RidgeRider

I strolled past many times on my last trip. Sorry, that's all I can add.  063.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

The lion is where I have met many good people.... Good memories of that place