more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team News Vs Palace

Started by JackyFulham90, October 17, 2013, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 02:28:27 PM
Stekelenburg is one of the best keepers we have ever had, probably only behind van der Sar and Schwarzer. Stockdale isn't close to his level, and the best GK performance of the season so far, has been Steks 60 min against Sunderland. He was superb.

and you base this on less than 180 minutes of league football? Wow!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: HatterDon on October 18, 2013, 08:42:23 PM
Stekelenburg is one of the best keepers we have ever had, probably only behind van der Sar and Schwarzer. Stockdale isn't close to his level, and the best GK performance of the season so far, has been Steks 60 min against Sunderland. He was superb.

Without having too strong an opinion either way..I think you're wrong there.

Stekelenburg has been playing at a very high level for a number of years. World Cup Finals et al...I think it's fair to say people can base an opinion on him rather well.

I'd start Stek.

HatterDon

Quote from: BenjyUK on October 18, 2013, 08:45:04 PM

Stekelenburg has been playing at a very high level for a number of years. World Cup Finals et al...I think it's fair to say people can base an opinion on him rather well.

I'd start Stek.

That's a valid point, but I don't think you can adequately judge whether a player is one of the three greatest ever at his position in the history of Fulham until he plays at least two full seasons. Otherwise, you're judging him on his resume or how he looks in a computer game.

Lighthouse

I will wait until old glass shoulders can get through two games let alone two seasons before I rate him in the top a hundred and three keepers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brown@FFC

Quote from: HatterDon on October 18, 2013, 10:14:21 PM

I'd start Stek.

That's a valid point, but I don't think you can adequately judge whether a player is one of the three greatest ever at his position in the history of Fulham until he plays at least two full seasons. Otherwise, you're judging him on his resume or how he looks in a computer game.

His resume: World Cup final 3 years ago. I'm happy.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

I'd start Stek.

I think you and Mr HatterDon share the spoils in this back and forth. You're indeed correct about his resume. Mr HatterDon is correct in pointing out that that has done very little for the club so far, so it's difficult to put him on a list with Van der Saar or anyone else for that matter.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

World Cup final three years ago and we are happy that our keeper is still as good? Three years ago life looked very different. Sorry but our keeper has to prove himself HERE. Why does this club and some fans feel we are doing players a favour? When they should be trying to prove it with us.

Skellenowmeshouldersgoneberg has to prove it with us. Failed so far.

Brown@FFC

Let's just get it straight, Stekelenburg is a far better GK than Stockdale. Stockdale will always be a back up, be it a decent one. As soon as Stek is fit, he plays. We concede too many goals from crosses, and it's the GKs job to organise the area, and take action if needed. Stek is our No. 1, and will start against Palace.

Lighthouse

So every time we let in a goal from corners or crosses it is the keepers fault for not organising the players infront of him?

I am sure Stockdale will be dropped for the shattered shoulder one. But that doesn't mean he is a better keeper until he proves it at Fulham. That is as straight as I see it.

HatterDon

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 18, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

I'd start Stek.

I think you and Mr HatterDon share the spoils in this back and forth. You're indeed correct about his resume. Mr HatterDon is correct in pointing out that that has done very little for the club so far, so it's difficult to put him on a list with Van der Saar or anyone else for that matter.

I'm happy with that view. If Mr. Brown@FFC is, I'll let this alone.

RaySmith

I don't feel confident at the moment with either of our keepers, and wish we still had Schwarz. Hopefully Stek will prove his worth, while Stockdale has done a great job when needed.

In Guardian 'squad sheets', they have Stek as pencilled in to start, and still listed as 'doubtful', while they also have Berba and Bent to start, with Berba playing just behind Bent.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 19, 2013, 12:32:17 AM
So every time we let in a goal from corners or crosses it is the keepers fault for not organising the players infront of him?

I am sure Stockdale will be dropped for the shattered shoulder one. But that doesn't mean he is a better keeper until he proves it at Fulham. That is as straight as I see it.

Don't know if I caught Stekelenburg on a bad day? but he looked very suspect on corners for the Parma game. Found it strange how a 6ft5" keeper seemed a bit reluctant to come for crosses, as I said, he could've had an off day

ffc73

Quote from: Riverside on October 18, 2013, 07:52:25 AM
Yes some difficult decsisons

1) Goal
Stockdale is an excellent shot stopper
Decent distributor
But does not dominate the box
It is partly his fault that there have been so many shots / headers against fulham .

I hope Steks can be an upgrade .

2) CB . Hangeland off form and we all need convincing his and Amore can be a good pairing .
On form Senderos should start !

3) CM . 2 of Boeteng , Sidwell and Parker ?  I would like to se Boeteng start . Maybe with the more attacking Sidwell is Parker not 100%

4) Front 4 . Only Kasami should be a shoe in .
I would like to see a fully fit Dejegah - but only if fully fit .
And Ruiz behind Bent .
Yes no Berba - we need to confront the Berba issue .
See the impact he makes off the bench

So my team is

Steks
            Riether Amore Senderos Richardson
                Parker ( if 100% fit ) Boateng
Dejagah  ( if 100% fit )        Ruiz             Kasami
                                        Bent

But we all know Berba is not going to be dropped so ............  079.gif

I'd go with Riverside but we know Jol won't.  My guess is Jol will start with: -

Steks
            Riether Brede Senderos Amore
                         Parker Sidwell
                 Ruiz        Berba             Kasami
                                Bent

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2013, 12:01:12 AM
Why should Stockdale be dropped?

Stockdale has been dropped by every manager he's played under at Fulham when the first choice keeper has returned from injury. Can't see that changing.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FFC73 on October 19, 2013, 10:06:37 AM
Quote from: Riverside on October 18, 2013, 07:52:25 AM
Yes some difficult decsisons

1) Goal
Stockdale is an excellent shot stopper
Decent distributor
But does not dominate the box
It is partly his fault that there have been so many shots / headers against fulham .

I hope Steks can be an upgrade .

2) CB . Hangeland off form and we all need convincing his and Amore can be a good pairing .
On form Senderos should start !

3) CM . 2 of Boeteng , Sidwell and Parker ?  I would like to se Boeteng start . Maybe with the more attacking Sidwell is Parker not 100%

4) Front 4 . Only Kasami should be a shoe in .
I would like to see a fully fit Dejegah - but only if fully fit .
And Ruiz behind Bent .
Yes no Berba - we need to confront the Berba issue .
See the impact he makes off the bench

So my team is

Steks
            Riether Amore Senderos Richardson
                Parker ( if 100% fit ) Boateng
Dejagah  ( if 100% fit )        Ruiz             Kasami
                                        Bent

But we all know Berba is not going to be dropped so ............  079.gif

I'd go with Riverside but we know Jol won't.  My guess is Jol will start with: -

Steks
            Riether Brede Senderos Amore
                         Parker Sidwell
                 Ruiz        Berba             Kasami
                                Bent

Sway Senderos and Hangeland round, and thats what it will be. I wouldn't have Hangeland, Sidwell and Berbatov, and rather have Richardson, Boateng and Kaca.

JackyFulham90

I don't think Jol will change much from the Stoke game I will predict his line up for Monday & think I will be pretty close with my guess

Stekelenburg
Riether Senderos Hangeland Amorebieta
                    Parker Sidwell
Duff                   Ruiz                  Kasami
                           Berbatov

Subs - Stockdale , Richardson , Karagounis , Boateng , Dejagah , Taarabt , Bent

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Jack Fulham on October 19, 2013, 10:14:59 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2013, 12:01:12 AM
Why should Stockdale be dropped?

Stockdale has been dropped by every manager he's played under at Fulham when the first choice keeper has returned from injury. Can't see that changing.
Some players actually improve over time, owing to hard work, practice, drills, personal growth, opportunities taken.  Stockdale has improved.

Denver Fulham

Jol didn't spend 1/3 of his summer transfer budget on a keeper with world-class pedigree to have him sit behind David Stockdale when healthy. Any supposition otherwise is just ridiculous. Stockdale is the consummate No. 2. He did OK covering. He didn't exactly string six blinders together to make any legitimate challenge to the job of a keeper with Stek's resume. Come on, people.

Berserker

Quote from: fulhamben on October 18, 2013, 08:28:42 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 18, 2013, 08:25:50 PM
Stekelenburg's supposed superiority over Stockdale, between the sticks, is supposition so far.

:005:
mrs besereker told me stockdale just inches it

?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 19, 2013, 01:55:43 PM
Jol didn't spend 1/3 of his summer transfer budget on a keeper with world-class pedigree to have him sit behind David Stockdale when healthy. Any supposition otherwise is just ridiculous. Stockdale is the consummate No. 2. He did OK covering. He didn't exactly string six blinders together to make any legitimate challenge to the job of a keeper with Stek's resume. Come on, people.

Yes.