watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team News Vs Palace

Started by JackyFulham90, October 17, 2013, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Good news for us on the injury front,  Stekelenburg is back, Hangeland , Parker & Berbatov return
Dejegah available for selection
Only one a doubt is Taarabt who is not 100% yet.
Some tough decisions for Jol Monday as some good players won't even make the bench.

For me the team should be

Stelelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
                             Parker Boateng
Dejagah                     Berbatov             Kasami
                                       Bent

Subs- Stockdale , Senderos , Sidwell , Kacaniklic , Taarabt , Ruiz , Rodallega

PaulJ123

I'd like to see Ruiz play behind Bent, but Berbatov no doubt will

Zu-Meister

didnt jol say berbatov and parker might not make the game on monday due to them only getting back to full team training tomorrow?

Lighthouse

Why should Stockdale be dropped?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

valdeingruo

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2013, 12:01:12 AM

I agree, Stockdale has done more than enough to merit a spot in the team on effort alone, however knowing Jol Stek will get the call.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Brown@FFC

Quote from: andersons11 on October 18, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

I agree, Stockdale has done more than enough to merit a spot in the team on effort alone, however knowing Jol Stek will get the call.

No he hasn't. He isn't good enough, and having Stek back is a massive help.

Brown@FFC

Hopefully Taarabt is fit, so we can see him and Kasami on the wings.

fulhamben

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 12:45:34 AM
why would you want to see kasami on the wing, he is 10 times more effective down the middle
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 12:43:52 AM

It is clearly Stockale's fault that Fulham have conceded more shots and more shots on goal than any club so far this season. He should be immediately dropped in favor of Martin "Don't anyone breathe on my shoulder" Stekelenberg.

What nonsense
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

I would not like to see Stek walk back into the team.

I think Berbatov is very much part of the problem, with his attitude and lack of effort this season,  and would have liked Ruiz behind Bent.

Hangeland has been poor this sesson and deserves to be dropped.

I am a firm believer of if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. The winning team that finished against Stoke should start (even Parker on the bench) - This is not Jol's mentallity and he plays his favourites despite thier poor form / attitude, so it will be Jackys team with Ruiz for dejagah and Sidwell Boateng.... Would love him to throw a surprise though

Denver Fulham

Because Stekelenburg is way better than he is? Pretty simple.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree Denver he is a better goalie, But I think on this occasion dropping Stockdale would be a terrible move for two reason's.

Firstly Stockdale has been treated terribly by the club, but has always been loyal and done a job when asked upon - he is performing well this season and deserves his chance, but the most important reason is it will give him confidence, just think if we throw back our goalkeeper (who's shoulders appear to be made of chocolate) straight back into the team, and he gets injured again.... How damaging will that be for our young keeper to come in again? I say keep Stek on the bench even if it is for one game, just to show that we do have faith in his abillity

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: HatterDon on October 18, 2013, 03:16:53 AM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 12:43:52 AM

It is clearly Stockale's fault that Fulham have conceded more shots and more shots on goal than any club so far this season. He should be immediately dropped in favor of Martin "Don't anyone breathe on my shoulder" Stekelenberg.

What nonsense

On this statistic alone there are 9 goalkeepers worse than Stockdale with goals conceded to shots faced %

valdeingruo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 18, 2013, 04:32:42 AM

Because Stekelenburg is way better than he is? Pretty simple.

Im along the lines of Dean on this one, while Stekelenburg is arguably the better keeper he should have to work his way back into the team. Not to mention, just because he is fit he may not be "match fit" even one more match  could do Stockdale well and improve the fitness of Stekelenburg to true match fitness.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Forever Fulham

I'm with Dean as well.  Plus, teammates get used to a goal keeper's style and situational instincts.  They plan and react accordingly.  Changing keepers has an effect on the field players that people tend to overlook.  Plus, gosh darn it, I like Stockdale as a keeper.  I only wish he had played basketball at some point, so his set piece reactions were more emphatic and he commanded the air waves with more authority.  But he has intangibles I really like.  Determination, resolve, a sense of calm and authority.  He's no drama queen.  He has size and enough girth to take on bodies banging about.  He has a stronger constitution than Stekelenburg.  He delivers the ball better than Mark ever did.  He communicates with his backs and doesn't just boom it away to the other side.  He can make himself big on one on ones.  Good reflexes. 

RaySmith

I feel sorry for Stockdale if dropped, but will Stek help us defend better against corners and command his box better?

Presumably we expect the manager to pick what he thinks is the best team for the job, regardless of sentiment.

But we have no way of knowing how good Stek is since we've hardly seen him - but if he is seen in training as being the best keeper in the manager's opinion - then  there is no way of phasing him in - he  can't come on as a sub.

But Stockdale knows he has to fight for his place, and will be determined to show he should have the Fulham keeper's jersey.

TonyGilroy

Stockdale is a good shot stopper but he doesn't command his area or appear to inspire confidence in the players around him.

For me if Steklenberg is 100% fit he plays.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: fulhamben on October 18, 2013, 02:38:34 AM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 18, 2013, 12:45:34 AM
why would you want to see kasami on the wing, he is 10 times more effective down the middle

Because we don't have anyone else. Jol won't play Dejagah yet. Duff and Ruiz are useless on the wings. And because of Berbatov's guaranteed inclusion, plus the fact that Bent should play, Kasami will play outwide. But, because Berbatov will never be there, he can cut in and take on the CBs.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: RaySmith on October 18, 2013, 07:29:33 AM
Presumably we expect the manager to pick what he thinks is the best team for the job, regardless of sentiment.

No he won't, as seen this season.

The Old Count

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 18, 2013, 04:26:51 AM
I would not like to see Stek walk back into the team.

I think Berbatov is very much part of the problem, with his attitude and lack of effort this season,  and would have liked Ruiz behind Bent.

Hangeland has been poor this sesson and deserves to be dropped.

I am a firm believer of if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. The winning team that finished against Stoke should start (even Parker on the bench) - This is not Jol's mentallity and he plays his favourites despite thier poor form / attitude, so it will be Jackys team with Ruiz for dejagah and Sidwell Boateng.... Would love him to throw a surprise though

I agree 100%.  Bet it don't happen tho'.