https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Holloway gone

Started by Southcoastffc, October 23, 2013, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 23, 2013, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 23, 2013, 08:40:47 PM
If they get DiMatteo, I'm going to be sick.
What is the big Di Matteo love-in about? He was sacked from West Brom and sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work
since. Nearly a year in fact. With no job offers.
I for one would rather not see him at Fulham.
I second that. It's the Jol Haters best option and wow they have been quiet recently

RidgeRider

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2013, 04:56:29 PM
Must be so frustrating to get promotions, form a squad and be given little to no time to gel....especially when the odds are already well stacked against you anyway.

Agree with this...it's not like us where we have a manager who has been tinkering for three seasons, but we saw this last year with Warnock and it's happened to others. I feel for the guy but I guess owners must feel they need to take a shot at surviving and perhaps the training room is not what it should be....the effort they gave Monday was akin to our effort this until the last couple of matches.

St Eve

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2013, 04:56:29 PM
Must be so frustrating to get promotions, form a squad and be given little to no time to gel....especially when the odds are already well stacked against you anyway.
agreed. I  mentioned this a few weeks ago. You are a hero getting promotion then dumped after 8 games. He is not a bad manager, but just didn't have enough quality in the squad

leonffc

Quote from: St Eve on October 23, 2013, 11:52:31 PM
What is the big Di Matteo love-in about? He was sacked from West Brom and sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work
I second that. It's the Jol Haters best option and wow they have been quiet recently

They'll be back, possibly when we play someone decent (Southampton) and Jol gets found out again. That result IMO was papering over cracks. I hope I'm wrong but analyse the game. Nine touches in Palaces penalty area with 57% possesion.
For the record, I'm not a Jol Hater, I stated last season that I dont want him out, I want him to sort the team out or go. A 4-1 win against the poorest side in the league doesn't quite make up for two years of negative dross. If we beat Southampton with the same attacking style then it will help but lets hope and see. And no, I dont want Di Matteo either!

As for Holloway, apparently he has had enough and was abused by fans after our result which was the final straw. He resigned after the game which was rejected and again yesterday. Shame really, a nice bloke, and a great championship manager but maybe the premier lg is too much for him.
I for one wont be sad to see his stupid rambling post match interviews though. They make about as much sense as some of Jols  :dft011:

Deanothefulhamfan

I like holloway, he is a great character and does come out with the best lines in an interview.

I would take di matteo, how can anyone say winning the champions league is luck, it is the hardest competition to win in Europe. Was Fulham getting to the Europa league final luck, no it was a blend of the manager playing great tactics and the team performing to the best of the abillity. He was sacked unfairly at Chelsea, and at west brom. Just ask both sets of supporters what they thought of him

Finally I agree with Leon palace are a very poor side, and for the first half we were outplayed. Yes the second half was a joy to watch, but every good team we have played this season we have been poor. It is going to take more than 1 good result against a terrible side for me to change my views on Jol....

I hope I am prooved wrong and we have turned a cornes but lets wait where we stand at christmas.

leonffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on October 24, 2013, 07:08:27 AM
I would take di matteo, how can anyone say winning the champions league is luck, it is the hardest competition to win in Europe. Was Fulham getting to the Europa league final luck, no it was a blend of the manager playing great tactics and the team performing to the best of the abillity. He was sacked unfairly at Chelsea, and at west brom. Just ask both sets of supporters what they thought of him

Hodgson got Fulham all the way to the Europa final managing his squad very well from mid summer qualifying, being tactically astute and yes, with a bit of luck on the way.
Di Matteo just finished someone elses job playing, largley, negative football. He did very well to win it but would he have won it from match day one of the competition? No I doubt it.
He was maybe unfairly sacked at Chelsea but I'm not sure he had the wherewithalls to carry a club like that forward. Plus he seemed too much of a nice guy to deal with that dressing room!!

Anyway, he just wouldn't be my first choice, thats all.

Deanothefulhamfan

Oh yeah don't get me wrong he would not be my first choice, but he did very well with what I felt was a good but not excellent Chelsea team. He may not have won it from day one but the way the players played for him would have stood him in a good chance, he also did well to turn around the game against Napoli I beleive where they were losing the first leg.... that was my reference to Roy as he got an average team to be one of the best in Europe,  he played the right tactics and the players put their all in for the manager.

I must also state I want Jol to turn it around, but have a feeling we will be brought back to reallity on Saturday

Riverside

Seen the interview with Holloway .
My respect for him has increased .
Not the usual deluded interview.
He has lost his belief so he has walked ( and I do believe he has walked rather than been pushed )

If the manager does not believe it will never happen .
Keeping Palace up this season I think is very unlikely but he has given them an outside chance .

Riverside

Quote from: btings on October 23, 2013, 11:02:20 PM
Feb 8
Man United v Fulham

The final game for Mr Moyes.

Why not Nov 2nd Fulham vs United ?
A good 4-1 win would really heap on the pressure .

btings

Quote from: Riverside on October 24, 2013, 08:13:22 AM
Quote from: btings on October 23, 2013, 11:02:20 PM
Feb 8
Man United v Fulham

The final game for Mr Moyes.

Why not Nov 2nd Fulham vs United ?
A good 4-1 win would really heap on the pressure .

Oh, just because I wasn't sure they'd sack him for losing away :)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 23, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Beat Sunderland away, Di Canio sacked. Beat Palace away, Holloway lost his job. Trend running.

Ha!
Kiss of death.
If you get beat by rubbish, little Fulham, you're for the chop!
Lol

:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

HatterDon

I guess if wanting Jol to leave makes me a Jol Hater, then wanting him to stick around long enough to sort things out makes you a Jol Lover.

Most of us who were thrilled to bits with Monday's performance haven't forgotten the garbage displays of most of our matches dating back to January. We're hoping that we see the same sort of commitment  in future games, but believe me, Jol has proven that he's not the manager for a club like ours. We need to find the right manager or we're relegation fodder.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on October 24, 2013, 09:23:22 PM

I guess if wanting Jol to leave makes me a Jol Hater, then wanting him to stick around long enough to sort things out makes you a Jol Lover.

Most of us who were thrilled to bits with Monday's performance haven't forgotten the garbage displays of most of our matches dating back to January. We're hoping that we see the same sort of commitment  in future games, but believe me, Jol has proven that he's not the manager for a club like ours. We need to find the right manager or we're relegation fodder.

Agreed. It does have to be the right manager though, not just a name picked out of the hat or who happens to be popular for having won something 2 years ago.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Pluto

He's out of his depth at Premier League level. Good riddance I say- was sick of his constant whinging about referees.

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on October 24, 2013, 10:50:34 PM
He's out of his depth at Premier League level. Good riddance I say- was sick of his constant whinging about referees.

Yeah, we get all of that we can stand on this site.

St Eve

What is the big Di Matteo love-in about? He was sacked from West Brom and
sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work

Most of us who were thrilled to bits with Monday's performance haven't forgotten the garbage displays of most of our matches dating back to January. We're hoping
that we see the same sort of commitment  in future games, but believe me, Jol has proven that he's not the manager for a club like ours. We need to find the right manager or we're relegation fodder.
Consistent moaning about Jol is getting tiresome. Suggesting Dimatteo is laughable. Performances haven't been great and there are many reasons for that which have been beaten to death. I like to be positive. We beat Stoke and Palace in the last 2 games. We are 14th, 1 point below 8th. 1point behind United. It looks like we have a stable first 11 at last and I happen to think that our first choice keeper makes all the difference in defense. He came to us because of Jol. As did Reither, Berbs, Bent, Ruiz, Parker, Kasami. And Jol has hardly spent any money in his time in charge. I want Jol to succeed and Fulham to keep,winning and look forward to more nights like last Monday

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on October 25, 2013, 03:38:01 AM
sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work

Most of us who were thrilled to bits with Monday's performance haven't forgotten the garbage displays of most of our matches dating back to January. We're hoping
that we see the same sort of commitment  in future games, but believe me, Jol has proven that he's not the manager for a club like ours. We need to find the right manager or we're relegation fodder.
Consistent moaning about Jol is getting tiresome. Suggesting Dimatteo is laughable. Performances haven't been great and there are many reasons for that which have been beaten to death. I like to be positive. We beat Stoke and Palace in the last 2 games. We are 14th, 1 point below 8th. 1point behind United. It looks like we have a stable first 11 at last and I happen to think that our first choice keeper makes all the difference in defense. He came to us because of Jol. As did Reither, Berbs, Bent, Ruiz, Parker, Kasami. And Jol has hardly spent any money in his time in charge. I want Jol to succeed and Fulham to keep,winning and look forward to more nights like last Monday

Hence, Jol Lover. Consistent rose-colored glasses about Jol is also getting tiresome. And you don't have to share that delusion to hope that Fulham does well.

TonyGilroy

OK.

We all want us to do well no matter who the manager is.

We none of us know the future despite the usual mix of fears and hopes.

Let's keep arguing.

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2013, 04:22:37 AM
Quote from: St Eve on October 25, 2013, 03:38:01 AM

that we see the same sort of commitment  in future games, but believe me, Jol has proven that he's not the manager for a club like ours. We need to find the right manager or we're relegation fodder.

Hence, Jol Lover. Consistent rose-colored glasses about Jol is also getting tiresome. And you don't have to share that delusion to hope that Fulham does well.

If I want my team to do well, dislike the notion of someone like Di-Matteo taking charge but think currently under Jol we need to do better, what does that make me? Realist?

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 25, 2013, 09:19:03 AM

OK.

We all want us to do well no matter who the manager is.

We none of us know the future despite the usual mix of fears and hopes.

Let's keep arguing.

This made me laugh. Well done.