watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Holloway gone

Started by Southcoastffc, October 23, 2013, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway has left the struggling Premier League club after less than a year in charge.
It is unclear whether the 50-year-old resigned, was sacked, or left by mutual consent but the club have a news conference scheduled for 17:30 BST.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Brown@FFC

Beat Sunderland away, Di Canio sacked. Beat Palace away, Holloway lost his job. Trend running.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 23, 2013, 04:49:18 PM
Beat Sunderland away, Di Canio sacked. Beat Palace away, Holloway lost his job. Trend running.

Lets hope we beat Arsenal away then
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

Hello Tony Pulis,  Di Matteo ?  I feel sorry for Holloway but from the business point of view can see why he's gone (whether voluntarily or otherwise).  There are 30 games left in which to make up a current 7 point deficit so it's a far from impossible task this early in the season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

Must be so frustrating to get promotions, form a squad and be given little to no time to gel....especially when the odds are already well stacked against you anyway.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 23, 2013, 04:55:14 PM
Hello Tony Pulis,  Di Matteo ?  I feel sorry for Holloway but from the business point of view can see why he's gone (whether voluntarily or otherwise).  There are 30 games left in which to make up a current 7 point deficit so it's a far from impossible task this early in the season.

With the squad they have?  I'd be absolutely stunned if they stay up, they just don't have the quality to do so.  And spending £8million or so on Dwight Gayle could prove a crazy costly acquisition.

Burt

"By mutual consent", according to the latest on the BBC website.

Rhys Lightning 63

So many times, I've seen Fulham managers sacked after losing a game. To now be the team responsible for a manager getting sacked, feels good
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

Ian Holloway has left his position as manager of Crystal Palace by mutual consent after less than a year in charge at Selhurst Park.

Holloway, 50, guided Palace to the Premier League via the play-offs last season after joining in November, and had won only one league game this term.

A 4-1 defeat by Fulham on Monday left the club five points adrift of safety.

Speculation surrounded Holloway's job following a meeting with chairman Steve Parish after that game.

The pair are believed to have held further talks on Tuesday.

The former Blackpool manager said he spent a long time with his players immediately after the defeat.

Speaking before the match at Selhurst Park, Parish told BBC Radio 5 live that the manager's position was secure.

"Categorically, Ian is the right man for the club right now," he said. "We've got every faith we'll get the right outcome with him at the helm"

Holloway ended a three-year spell at Blackpool, who he guided to promotion to the Premier League in 2010 before being relegated back to the Championship the following season, to join the Eagles.

Palace were fourth in the Championship table when Holloway arrived, but held onto a play-off place thanks to an 89th-minute winner from Mile Jedinak in the final game of the season against Peterborough.

After beating Brighton in the play-off semi-finals, an extra-time Kevin Phillips penalty secured promotion against Watford at Wembley.

The club lost star player Wilfried Zaha to Manchester United, but Holloway was allowed to bring in 16 players during the summer.

Although Palace won 3-1 against fellow strugglers Sunderland on 31 August, they have not been able to pick up another point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24643421

Jack Fulham

Looks like Pulis is front runner. Steve Parish has just been quoted saying this "Tony (Pulis) has never got relegated and he's out of work."

Would certainly mean scoring less goals, not even sure Pulis could shore up that defence.

Forever Fulham

He brought in 16 players...

Andy S

Quite honestly he looked like a man who knew his fate after the game on Monday. No usual criticism of referees or anything. Just very subdued

Herbie

Perhaps it's the 'How [doo doo] must you be? we're winning away!" song?

HatterDon

If they get DiMatteo, I'm going to be sick.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

What a shame we lost at the Bridge.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on October 23, 2013, 08:40:47 PM

What is the big Di Matteo love-in about? He was sacked from West Brom and sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work since. Nearly a year in fact. With no job offers.

I for one would rather not see him at Fulham.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 23, 2013, 09:23:11 PM

What is the big Di Matteo love-in about? He was sacked from West Brom and sacked from Chelsea. He won an FA Cup and the Champions League, but that was definitely more luck than judgment, especially considering he'd only been in charge of a team worth over £200Million for a month. And he's been out of work since. Nearly a year in fact. With no job offers.

I for one would rather not see him at Fulham.

Actually, scrub that. I just noticed that he won 'Swiss Sports Personality of the Year' in 2012. Get him on board!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

grandad

If he ever comes near us I will be projectile vomiting.
Where there's a will there's a wife

btings

Feb 8
Man United v Fulham

The final game for Mr Moyes.

ScalleysDad

In contrast to some of the rubbish in and around the Prem these days what a press conference that was. Ultimately I suspect he has been found out and the team has fractures in it that he can't repair but what an honest appraisal of the situation at Palace. He might have sneaked a point or three had he not been undone by the two goals before half time that must have drained the Palace team because before that there were posts bemoaning our lack of effort, style and fortitude. I was glad to see some colour in Jols cheeks but I wonder. Had we been beaten ................?