watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami paid himself??

Started by valdeingruo, October 26, 2013, 06:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/25/jol-to-juventus-wait-for-breakout-before-making-kasami-move/

Jol to Juventus: Wait for breakout before making Kasami move

Kyle Bonn

Following his wonder-goal against Crystal Palace last weekend, Fulham midfielder Pajtim Kasami has garnered much more attention around Europe.

Juventus have long been admirers of the 21-year-old, but Martin Jol has told them to back off until he proves he's worthy of a big-money bid.

"Kasami is still not the best player in England, but in two or three years he could be a big player" said Jol. "Then maybe Juventus can come here and pay a lot of money for him. That'd be good for everyone."

The Fulham manager also revealed that Kasami has a soccer-first, money-second attitude that has paid serious dividends.

Jol told the press that during Kasami's loan spell with Swiss side FC Luzern last year, he was supposed to receive half his wages from Fulham and half from Luzern.  However, the Raiffeisen Super League side failed to come up with the money to pay Kasami the other half of his wages, so he "paid" them himself – essentially playing for only half his promised compensation.

"Kasami was the first player who went on loan who paid his own wages" revealed Jol. "That was incredible. Lucerne had a very good player when he went over there. That was the first time in my career I experienced that. We paid 50 per cent and the other club were supposed to pay the other half, but they didn't, so he paid."

The Swiss midfielder smashed home a goal-of-the-season contender against Palace, chesting down a long ball from the back and rifling home from well outside the box before the ball even had a chance to touch the ground.

Interesting...
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

the nutflush

I get more and more impressed with this guy every week.  I wish more football players had this type of character and intestinal fortutide.

valdeingruo

he does seem like he has a good head on his shoulders aside his ability
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RaySmith

I've always liked his attitude on the pitch - he always give his all. And he has a good attitude off the pitch too, it seems.

I'm pleased he is now getting some critical plaudits for all his efforts.

Good for Jol and Fulham for believing in the lad and enabling him to  get further towards realising his potential.

SouthfieldWhite

I hold my hands up, wasn't his biggest fan a couple of years back, thought his decision making was poor and looked like a bull in a china shop, but he's come back a better player.

Not going to believe all the hype about him just cause he scored a wonder goal, still has a lot of work to be done

But I do love his attitude and feel the fans have really taken to him recently and he has shown that he respects the fans

He is still only 21 so hopfully will get better

I'm glad he's proved me wrong

Twig

So now let's give another youngster a decent run.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: andersons11 on October 26, 2013, 06:02:44 AM
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/25/jol-to-juventus-wait-for-breakout-before-making-kasami-move/

"Kasami is still not the best player in England, but in two or three years he could be a big player" said Jol. "Then maybe Juventus can come here and pay a lot of money for him. That'd be good for everyone."

"Kasami was the first player who went on loan who paid his own wages" revealed Jol. "That was incredible. Lucerne had a very good player when he went over there. That was the first time in my career I experienced that. We paid 50 per cent and the other club were supposed to pay the other half, but they didn't, so he paid."

Interesting...

Jol should not have engineered a loan move whereby one of our most outstanding young talents has to pay towards his salary - that is outrageous, unfair and disrespectful towards a player. The club should either have brought Kasami home from Lucerne, or paid the difference themselves. The club has a responsibility to protect the player's interests.

Kasami isn't a jar of money. There are key players that form the backbone of a side for years to come and are inspirational to young fans and supporters for years to come. What has been the benefits of selling Dembele? We are still struggling from the sale of Dembele nearly two years on. We should do absolutely what we can to offer Kasami the best long term contract we can, and resist offers we are likely to get from Juventus.  

Two examples why I am disappointed with Jol as our Manager - it's not just about results. Great credit to Kasami - hardworking, determined and no shortage of talent - could be a fan's favourite for years to come. I love his heart and spirit.

Riverside

Remember Kasami was meant to go to Palermo on loan and it feel through because the fax ( yes I know who still using fax ) did not go through . He tweeted that he was devastated . He wanted playing time .

So Lucerne was a back stop .
He got playing time and has grown up .

Clearly a very driven young man .
With that attitude he will go far .

tonynorton

Goes a long way in my books really seems like he is going to be a good pro i hope he stays with us for a few years

Southcoastffc

Bishops Park F - "Jol should not have engineered a loan move whereby one of our most outstanding young talents has to pay towards his salary - that is outrageous, unfair and disrespectful towards a player."  I think you have misunderstood the situation.  Jol did not engineer an unpaid/half-paid move.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ged

how do you pay your own wages?
i think jol is talking bull again
the fact is he only got half his wages

Fulham76

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 26, 2013, 08:08:10 AM

Interesting...

Jol should not have engineered a loan move whereby one of our most outstanding young talents has to pay towards his salary - that is outrageous, unfair and disrespectful towards a player. The club should either have brought Kasami home from Lucerne, or paid the difference themselves. The club has a responsibility to protect the player's interests.

Kasami isn't a jar of money. There are key players that form the backbone of a side for years to come and are inspirational to young fans and supporters for years to come. What has been the benefits of selling Dembele? We are still struggling from the sale of Dembele nearly two years on. We should do absolutely what we can to offer Kasami the best long term contract we can, and resist offers we are likely to get from Juventus. 

Two examples why I am disappointed with Jol as our Manager - it's not just about results. Great credit to Kasami - hardworking, determined and no shortage of talent - could be a fan's favourite for years to come. I love his heart and spirit.

:plus one:

Good attitude from Kasami - very rare from modern day footballers. But we should have protected him much much better than that.

alfie

Quote from: Ged on October 26, 2013, 10:00:19 AM

What is the matter with some of you people, you seem to go out of your way to put Jol down at every opportunity, Kasami done it because he wanted to, he could have turned the loan move down, but he knew it would be good for him, and who pays his wages is not down to Jol.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ged

Quote from: alfie on October 26, 2013, 10:47:17 AM

What is the matter with some of you people, you seem to go out of your way to put Jol down at every opportunity, Kasami done it because he wanted to, he could have turned the loan move down, but he knew it would be good for him, and who pays his wages is not down to Jol.

just a simple question ? How did he pay his own own wages?
Where did he get the money from?
or did he just get half the money he was supposed to receive
in other words Fulham paid half his wages and FC Luzern had a dispute with Fulham and refused to pay the other half
FC Luzern were completely at fault at getting a player and not paying the guys wages  

MasterHaynes

Quote from: alfie on October 26, 2013, 10:47:17 AM

I agree but there is no excuse for Macintosh not sorting this out and paying the difference if they haven't already. You wouldn't blame Kasami for moving in the summer if we haven't

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on October 26, 2013, 08:08:10 AM

“Kasami is still not the best player in England, but in two or three years he could be a big player” said Jol. “Then maybe Juventus can come here and pay a lot of money for him. That’d be good for everyone.”

“Kasami was the first player who went on loan who paid his own wages” revealed Jol. “That was incredible. Lucerne had a very good player when he went over there. That was the first time in my career I experienced that. We paid 50 per cent and the other club were supposed to pay the other half, but they didn’t, so he paid.”

Interesting...

Dembele's transfer release clause was met. We had to sell, no choice in the matter.

Bassey the warrior

I'm so impressed by Pajtim. Brilliant brilliant determination, like Sidwell but without the silly fouls. Initially I thought he lacked technique and wasn't convinced, but with every game he's played he's looked more and more the part. The mix of high work rate and high technical ability is very very rare. A certain Belgian possessed it too.

Ged

so if you believe Jol then Kasami would have to go to the bank and withdraw say a couple of thousand and give it to FC Luzern and the next day go and pick it up again minus TAX REDUCTIONS on his wages
or  did he transfer money from his own bank account back into the same account minus tax ?
Stop believing in Jol he talks rubbish

ron

Quote from: Riverside on October 26, 2013, 08:36:58 AM
Remember Kasami was meant to go to Palermo on loan and it feel through because the fax ( yes I know who still using fax ) did not go through . He tweeted that he was devastated . He wanted playing time .

So Lucerne was a back stop .
He got playing time and has grown up .

Clearly a very driven young man .
With that attitude he will go far .

...let's just hope it's not as far as White Hart Lane. Sorry, just one of my paranoias.

Bassey the warrior

Jol meant that he didn't get paid his full wages, it was just a roundabout way of saying it. Do you honestly believe he meant to say Pajtim had physically paid himself? That's ludicrous.