Started by MAHLUF, October 27, 2013, 12:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAHLUF

Dicks/Sanchez/Brantfoot.All bad in my opinion
BUT I dont remember any of them rating themselves in the way Jol
does and making comments about FFC being lucky to have them
etc etc. That for me  is what  makes JOL totally unacceptable as he refuses
to see what everyone else sees and takes NO responsibility.Disrespects fans
to the extreme and thinks we are all stupid as we dont have coaching badges.
Dont know him but hate the way he comes across. Heavens knows what he
would be like as your manager, in an office enviroment I think I would leave.
looks like quite a few of our players think the same despite what they
say to thoe preess/tv.
JOL - For me oour worst ever.

grandad

Dicks/Sanchez/Brantfoot.All bad in my opinion. Mine as well.Jol is no where as bad as those 3 put together.
Where there's a will there's a wife

DukeTyrion

You have to be kidding, trolling at it's best / worst.

Sanchez was the worst manager ever AND he thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

I beat England and Spain blah blah

Peabody

To me, Vic Buckingham ranks up there, along with Dicks and Mackay, Sanchez also figures, so Jol has a long list in front of him

WhiteJC

Quote from: Peabody on October 27, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
To me, Vic Buckingham ranks up there, along with Dicks and Mackay, Sanchez also figures, so Jol has a long list in front of him

whilst I agree with you, they didn't have the "talented" players we now have, they struggled with some very average players, I know Sanchez brought his own team so he had no excuse but would the others have done better if they had the equivalent of Berbatov, Bent, Parker etc?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 27, 2013, 01:03:56 PM

whilst I agree with you, they didn't have the "talented" players we now have, they struggled with some very average players, I know Sanchez brought his own team so he had no excuse but would the others have done better if they had the equivalent of Berbatov, Bent, Parker etc?

Also................. if McBride had not got injured ( also,  not forgetting long  term injury Bullard ) the results for Sanchez may have been very different.

No Jol is the Daddy  !!! he took a talented team and an established Premiership Club   and he is sleep walking  us to  oblivion. 

JBH

No he is much better than sanchez and coleman ever were

MJG

Andy S

Alan dicks was in a class of his own for being the worst. Branfoot did at least bring Micky Adams to the club. Sanchez brought Hughes Baird and Bullard and Murphy to the club. Buckingham got rid of Marsh yet had a good team and got us relegated. Jol could yet be up there but you cannot judge him until the end

ron

Buckingham destroyed the "innocence" if you like, of Fulham when we were a small club punching above our weight in the old First Division for the majority of the 'sixties. The father figures of the club like Joe Bacuzzi in the back rooms were swept away, and we were left to our fate, which lasted for 30 years before we regained the ground that he was presented with.

And the sad thing was that VB was touted by the press, commentators etc. as being the best thing that could happen to Fulham, because his experience with Ajax would catapult us into the big time.

A bit like Jol in fact, who would continue the progress made by Roy by using his experience gained in the refined atmosphere of White Hart Lane to take us on to glory.

Oh dear.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on October 28, 2013, 10:36:00 PM

A bit like Jol in fact, who would continue the progress made by Roy by using his experience gained in the refined atmosphere of White Hart Lane to take us on to glory.

Oh dear.

I thought there a bit of time between Roy leaving us and Jol joining. That's right, we had Mr Ambition himself, Sparky. I would contend that he did little more to strengthen the side that Roy left, and therefore basically just tread water for a year, in which the team all got a year older, before he left to take QPR down the drain.

St Eve

Unfortunately we have had a lot of useless managers over the years, most have which have been mentioned above. Jol is not in that list and the original post is is a bit silly

ron

Quote from: Logicalman on October 28, 2013, 10:45:07 PM

Oh dear.

I thought there a bit of time between Roy leaving us and Jol joining. That's right, we had Mr Ambition himself, Sparky. I would contend that he did little more to strengthen the side that Roy left, and therefore basically just tread water for a year, in which the team all got a year older, before he left to take QPR down the drain.

I rather disregarded the Sparky time because of its brevity, but instead drew the comparison between the ethos that was Roy's legacy, i.e. drill, common objective, refusal to name and shame players to the media, etc. to the seeming indifference that Jol has to the negative effect that distancing himself from failure, and naming and blaming players in post match interviews has to team spirit and respect for authority in the squad.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on October 28, 2013, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 28, 2013, 10:45:07 PM

Oh dear.

I rather disregarded the Sparky time because of its brevity, but instead drew the comparison between the ethos that was Roy's legacy, i.e. drill, common objective, refusal to name and shame players to the media, etc. to the seeming indifference that Jol has to the negative effect that distancing himself from failure, and naming and blaming players in post match interviews has to team spirit and respect for authority in the squad.

Cannot disagree with that.

Without trying to offer excuses for Jol, but it has to be said that when he did take over, the squad was somewhat disgruntled from the start, and he managed to overcome that snake of a 'team player' BZ, before he regained control of the dressing room. Sparky definitely left a poor legacy and simply traded on the shirt trails of Roy, and did Jol no favors at all. Unfortunately Jol has not recovered from that poor start, and if he was as good as his cv suggested he was, then he should have done a lot better, faster. Just goes to show, resumes are not worth the paper they are printed on.

LRCN

we have not been playing well for a period of months now but haven't been seriously threatened by relegation in the 2 seasons hes been in charge and even now still find us one point away from the top 10 somehow, so no definitely not.

HatterDon

Quote from: LRCN on October 28, 2013, 11:49:26 PM
we have not been playing well for a period of months now but haven't been seriously threatened by relegation in the 2 seasons hes been in charge and even now still find us one point away from the top 10 somehow, so no definitely not.

and two points away from the relegation zone
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

i actually hate posts like this one as it tends to re pen old debates and wounds.

for me branfoot was the worst because of the style he played and his very unpleasant atttude to the players. he was terrible to rory hamill and did so much to undermine the boys confidence... he also dropped jupp after he was called up for international duty.... the mn was a disaster

sanchez was never the demon he is usually painted here. he just wasn't. he was not liked from the first day in the way liverpool fans never gave roy a chance. he made some errors but was unlucky with two big injuries and refereeing against arsenal and misddlesbourgh in which we should have got 6 points bu were cheated into nil. if we would have won those two games maybe things would have been different.

jol is in a special class. the old adage is if it ain't broke don't fix it, from day one he has tried to fix and change everyhing that was good. we used to have a wellorganised team withgreat work ethic and team spiirit.... we now have a disorganised team that rarely works as a unit. the players looked dispirited so often...... hetook a good team and dismantled it and replaced it wit some overpriced prima donnas and at least one extremely expensive waste of spacethaonly serves to demoralise the others further.

jol certainly talks well but it is over two seasons, how long before we see fireworks on the pitch?

this season we have beaten the mighty sunderland, the massive palace and the imense stoke and a draw with a WBA. nota single point from anybody hal decent.  we even needed an own goal in the penalty shoot out to beat burton .

is jol our worst?no branfoot and campbell were far less capable but with the team he inherited and the money he spent, he certainly is the one who has delivered the least!

HatterDon

Quote from: nose on October 29, 2013, 03:00:16 AM
i actually hate posts like this one as it tends to re pen old debates and wounds.

for me branfoot was the worst because of the style he played and his very unpleasant atttude to the players. he was terrible to rory hamill and did so much to undermine the boys confidence... he also dropped jupp after he was called up for international duty.... the mn was a disaster

sanchez was never the demon he is usually painted here. he just wasn't. he was not liked from the first day in the way liverpool fans never gave roy a chance. he made some errors but was unlucky with two big injuries and refereeing against arsenal and misddlesbourgh in which we should have got 6 points bu were cheated into nil. if we would have won those two games maybe things would have been different.

jol is in a special class. the old adage is if it ain't broke don't fix it, from day one he has tried to fix and change everyhing that was good. we used to have a wellorganised team withgreat work ethic and team spiirit.... we now have a disorganised team that rarely works as a unit. the players looked dispirited so often...... hetook a good team and dismantled it and replaced it wit some overpriced prima donnas and at least one extremely expensive waste of spacethaonly serves to demoralise the others further.

jol certainly talks well but it is over two seasons, how long before we see fireworks on the pitch?

this season we have beaten the mighty sunderland, the massive palace and the imense stoke and a draw with a WBA. nota single point from anybody hal decent.  we even needed an own goal in the penalty shoot out to beat burton .

is jol our worst?no branfoot and campbell were far less capable but with the team he inherited and the money he spent, he certainly is the one who has delivered the least!

can't put it any better. Top post.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Yes, but Jol is working in the Prem rather than the Third Division - and I would suggest that he is facing comparable problems to the other managers mentioned.

His top  players were sold off, after he had had a successful season, and he has had to bring in veterans and loanees - bringing in some top names, though past their best, when we could never afford them, such as Berba and Kara, probably through his contacts and reputation.

Fulham have spent little on players compared to such as Soton and Swansea say.

You can't really compare managers from past eras anyway, especially when the others were in a lower division - they've all faced different circumstances - only to say that Jol was appointed because of his good rep and managerial cv, which includes the Prem.

What I'm against is the moralistic aspect of the debate, which makes it personal and doesn't help. IE Jol is stupid, incompetent, indifferent and the players are lazy, and also don't care.

I think the truth is that  everyone at the club is probably desperate to succeed- well, their careers are on the line as well as Fulham's future.

Of course, we are failing miserably at the moment, but the reasons have more to do with long term lack of investment in the squad, than personal  failings.

Though not to say that Jol  is perfect, who is? but is he as bad a manager as  people say? or is the problem  wider than just  sacking him and bringing in another highly paid dupe to carry the can.

The Old Count

Dicks must have been the worst.  Pre- match fish and chips for the players.  Even Jolly Jol doesn't do that.

Does he?