watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do people feel about

Started by Rambler, October 29, 2013, 09:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

A demonstration.. Now I'm not advocating it, far from it. I don't think it would be good for team moral or the club itself but a lot of fans on her are very disgruntled at the management and performance for well over 8 months now and we have seen no improvement. Surely the board know how we feel but nothing is happening. Would anyone get to the point where they feel they need to protest/demonstrate with banners etc to get their point across?

Just interested to know.

alexbishop

I don't think it's needed. Results and performance speak for themselves...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

God The Mechanic

The best form of demonstration is to just not go to home games.  If there's a whole load of seats empty for a few home games then they should get the idea.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: alexbishop on October 29, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

They have been speaking for themselves since last season.

The Enclosurite

The rousing chorus of Jol Out! at full time on Saturday will be demonstration enough... Hopefully he'll already be gone by then though.
¡COYW!

Admin

He must seriously have someone over a barrel at Fulham to still be in a job. This is turning into an absolute conspiracy.

ron

Quote from: alexbishop on October 29, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Quite so. If the new owner, his entourage and advisers don't know the situation we are in, then we are in a lot more trouble than even we all thought.

Possible ugly scenes won't make any difference, apart from possibly getting people arrested in the heat of the moment.

BigNigeBowds

Quote from: The Enclosurite on October 29, 2013, 09:56:50 PM
The rousing chorus of Jol Out! at full time on Saturday will be demonstration enough... Hopefully he'll already be gone by then though.

AGREED!
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

LBNo11

...no demonstration please, no ugly scenes, I hope the fans show more class than Jol, who should have walked already, and politely clap our players who are game by game losing their stock value by playing so poorly.

The results are testament enough of the current managers failings, the reason he is still here must be because Alistair McIntosh made the mistake of getting Jol here, at the second attempt, and will perhaps lose face if he has to give him the boot, and this is not a dig at McIntosh, everyone is allowed one big mistake...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

I wonder how long he can last out now when inept performances in the Premier League are trumped by disaster in a cup competition.......

...when in fact the performances are turning us into a laughing stock?

Barrie

I do feel there is a need for some expression of fans frustration, an attempt to trend something on twitter would be good, but not very likely to happen.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 29, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
the reason he is still here must be because Alistair McIntosh made the mistake of getting Jol here, at the second attempt, and will perhaps lose face if he has to give him the boot, and this is not a dig at McIntosh, everyone is allowed one big mistake...

I'm not sure how he'd necessarily lose face.  The number of managers who get sacked by their clubs in pretty damn high, if it needs to happen and it's his call to make I'm sure he won't be thinking about how bad sacking him is gonna look.  Especially with the real possibility of relegation if he doesn't.

Guinness Haze

It's time for fan pressure. 

He's gotta go NOW.

We are in the shite and show no signs of improvement.  It's embarrassing.

The Enclosurite

Maybe it's time to put the pressure on Mackintosh too.
¡COYW!

leonffc

It's difficult. I want him out but agree with LB that anything we do as a collective will spread more negativity to the players who are already struggling with confidence.
That said, the boo boys are already in place and are growing in numbers so its only a matter of time

Rhys Lightning 63

The guy who sits next to me in The Hammersmith End made a very good point to me before the Stoke game.

As Season Ticket Holders (I'm not too sure how members and such come into this, but I'll carry on), we have paid a lump sum into the running of the club (£350 for me) and such, we are TECHNICALLY shareholders. Now as shareholders, we SHOULD have a say in the running of the club (not to the extent of Ebbsfleet Utd or AFC Wimbledon).

Whether or not anyone has tapped into this I don't know, however I have for a while put forward the idea of a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE, and whether or not it would work as an idea at a football club. Do we have the power to actually say to the board of directors NO CONFIDENCE or FULL CONFIDENCE?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 30, 2013, 10:11:49 AM
The guy who sits next to me in The Hammersmith End made a very good point to me before the Stoke game.

As Season Ticket Holders (I'm not too sure how members and such come into this, but I'll carry on), we have paid a lump sum into the running of the club (£350 for me) and such, we are TECHNICALLY shareholders. Now as shareholders, we SHOULD have a say in the running of the club (not to the extent of Ebbsfleet Utd or AFC Wimbledon).

Whether or not anyone has tapped into this I don't know, however I have for a while put forward the idea of a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE, and whether or not it would work as an idea at a football club. Do we have the power to actually say to the board of directors NO CONFIDENCE or FULL CONFIDENCE?
I wish we had more of a say you only have to look at that google plus chat with shahid khan - the representation of fans was hardly true - their were 2 Americans that have only been to one game on the panel. Then every question about development, cheaper ticket price etc. were either avoided or pussyfooted around - I wish there was some form of fan representation if not on the board then in constant contact with them

RaySmith

Fans should get just behind the team during games -don't be like Blackburn fans, it's counter productive.

Khan can see the results for himself, and fans make their opinions known through forums and phone-ins.

I think hysteria from fans can create a downward spiral, as at Blackburn, while support for the players on the pitch can  help the team to turn things round.

FFC1987

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 30, 2013, 10:11:49 AM

That's only applicable in a business environment setup where subscriptions are setup in order to keep the club running. This isn't the case so legally the club have no obligation to tell us or listen to us.

ron

Quote from: RaySmith on October 30, 2013, 10:32:01 AM
Fans should get just behind the team during games -don't be like Blackburn fans, it's counter productive.

Khan can see the results for himself, and fans make their opinions known through forums and phone-ins.

I think hysteria from fans can create a downward spiral, as at Blackburn, while support for the players on the pitch can  help the team to turn things round.

I think the situation has become too dire to just say that support of the players to turn things around will by itself work, or really help the situation at all. Despair is contagious, and Jol's haphazard preparations and failure to grasp how to set up teams to combat the strengths of differing opposition has transmitted itself to the team.

Insistence on a new order from the top is the only way to reverse  the downward spiral we are now in.