watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Heroic defeat or abject anhialation

Started by nose, October 31, 2013, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

on saturday will we give the champions a real test, challenging for every ball, chasing every lost cause, playing as a finely tuned well drilled unit but yet still failing to manage to get a well deserved win because the ref gave them a last minute penalty when rooney was challenged 15 yards outrside the penalty area and then allowed carrick to punch the ball in from a corner moments later.

OR

will we do what we have done all season and play in a second rate, couldn't care less, slow motion, disorganized manner and lose in an embarrassing fashion being at least 3 down by half time and only not losing by more because utd. took their foot off the gas pedal

I have ruled out a scenario of draw or win because I cannot conceive how the current manager will pick a team capable of managing either of those eventualities.

Jimpav

I think an underperforming United will brush us aside 2-0

ToodlesMcToot

It'd certainly be Fulhamish to play them hard and lose it late, but I just don't see that kind of spirit in this team anymore.

I think ManU will score early and coast. We'll push for something late and get caught out, giving up one or two cheap ones.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Berserker

We could nick a point. Liverpool will be Nil points, Swansea can't see us winning. If this scenario happens i can see it being chips for Mr Jol
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MOR :

I'm thinking more of a 5 or 6-0 thrashing by Utd...We have been pony for ages...

jarv

Van persie will find his long lost form and score a couple.  0-3.

rusty shackleford

We usually do ok against the big boys but still lose. Gives us some hope that we've turned a corner before getting tanked by Liverpool next week

Fulham_Surrey

I think we win. Nobody is expecting it.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on October 31, 2013, 06:06:31 PM
We could nick a point. Liverpool will be Nil points, Swansea can't see us winning. If this scenario happens i can see it being chips for Mr Jol

Brace yourself we are going to be surrounded on Saturday. There are going to be some notable absences in The Enclave which includes the occasional dose of apathy. Until the guy I was best man for raised his head above the parapet I have to say I had thought of recouping some pennies and just chilling out for the day. However I feel compelled to get up at 7 and head up on the knackered Waterloo line and do battle with those oiks going to Twickenham. Are you bringing a paper to read? I might boo, I might just laugh it off or there will be a row.

0 - 3 and a red for Sidders. Damn.

Berserker

I'm not going to the match. I'm a bit further down the road in Chelsea at the National Army Museum. Going to a conference about the WW1 underground war for the day. Trying to decide whether to spend money made from tickets sales on a 3 day course in Conflict Archaeology at Defence Academy, Shrivenham. Apparently lots of practical work which sounds particularly interesting :-)

By the way wasn't reading newspaper actually during the Stoke match, I was just writing the reasons why i thought we were crap in my notepad.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Logic dictates that we're going to lose by 3 or 4. United are rounding into form, and their current league position is such that they can't afford to let up on anyone. We're in for a hiding. It would be nice if we actually looked like we were interested in scoring. That would be a good change.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Highlander

Quote from: HatterDon on October 31, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Logic dictates that we're going to lose by 3 or 4. United are rounding into form, and their current league position is such that they can't afford to let up on anyone. We're in for a hiding. It would be nice if we actually looked like we were interested in scoring. That would be a good change.

This but unlikely it will be.

Deanothefulhamfan

I honestly think this could be Jol's last home game in charge, after him getting the sack after the liverpool game when we find ourselves in the bottom 3.

I see nothing more than a united win at the weekend, and a comfortable one at that. CC is no longer a fortress and united's past problems here are a thing of the past.

1-3 I'm going for

Furby

Yeah I can't see us scoring, 3-0 to Man U. But of course I'd love to see us win or at least play with some conviction and intent.

alfie

Quote from: nose on October 31, 2013, 04:38:56 PM
on saturday will we give the champions a real test, challenging for every ball, chasing every lost cause, playing as a finely tuned well drilled unit but yet still failing to manage to get a well deserved win because the ref gave them a last minute penalty when rooney was challenged 15 yards outrside the penalty area and then allowed carrick to punch the ball in from a corner moments later.

OR

will we do what we have done all season and play in a second rate, couldn't care less, slow motion, disorganized manner and lose in an embarrassing fashion being at least 3 down by half time and only not losing by more because utd. took their foot off the gas pedal

I have ruled out a scenario of draw or win because I cannot conceive how the current manager will pick a team capable of managing either of those eventualities.

that is the trouble my friend we do not have anyone good enough, so it really does not matter who he picks, we will see on Saturday, take a look at Utd bench and then look at ours, even if he changed personel during the first half it won't make much difference. HE has not got the players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

The odds are we will lose, so for me its the manner of the defeat that matters. Roll over and get stuffed 4 or 5 would be a disaster. Get away with 0-2 would be about par and an acceptable score.

If it is a rollover and score as many as you want performance then just proves even more that this manager and possibly team have no fight in them.

TonyGilroy

I expect more of the same - that's usually the way to bet.

Tippy tappy across the half way line - hey we have some possession - back to Stek - more tippy tappy - oh sh1t they've scored.

I think the ground will get ugly very quickly if that's what happens.

I expect a miserable defeat with 20,000 people letting the club know that they've had more than enough.

Shredhead

2-2. Last minute equalizer from the Ancient Greek.
We can but dream.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ScalleysDad

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 01, 2013, 09:00:29 AM
I expect more of the same - that's usually the way to bet.

Tippy tappy across the half way line - hey we have some possession - back to Stek - more tippy tappy - oh sh1t they've scored.

I think the ground will get ugly very quickly if that's what happens.

I expect a miserable defeat with 20,000 people letting the club know that they've had more than enough.

There in lies the dilemma for the fan though. Leave early to show an empty seat and take the wrath of the why leave early brigade. That would also leave the chanting and dancing Man U fans all alone taking over the place. They are mostly an arrogant bunch at the best of times. Or we boo the hell out of Jol as he marches across the pitch which would probably not get full support and appear to be the actions of a hapless few. We could slow hand clap, whistle or just burst into tears. A chant of "Stand up if you have stopped believing" would be a more mixed effort than the positive version. I know some people find the "We're winning away" chant unpleasant but a few lads got it right for me last time out ...... "We're so shite its unbelievable".
What ever happens tomorrow my usual pre match nerves, my routine, the train journey up, the loosener in the Brickmakers and all of that will have some significance. I'll not be doing it again until Jol has gone or the backroom shuffle is of monumental porportions. I need to believe something will change and its not about thick and thin. I did all that and will do it all over again but Jol is just delivering embarrassing, and flippin expensive, rubbish and if our motd highlights include another pundits dissection of a 90 minute Berbatov performance I will be really, really, really ...........

SP

In desperate times the club usually turn to the clappers to get us out of a tight spot.  Unfortunately, even the clappers won't be able to save us this time.  0-2.