watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

M.Jol Speaks...(From BBC site)

Started by MOR :, November 01, 2013, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Martin Jol believes that turning Craven Cottage into a "fortress" is key to improving Fulham's fortunes.

Jol's side host champions Manchester United on Saturday at Craven Cottage, where they have managed just one Premier League victory this season.

Six of their 10 points have been collected on their travels and Jol accepts that his team need to turn around their home record.

"I think we can make Craven Cottage a fortress again," Jol said.

"We can do that with the help of the supporters. It is a bit funny that we don't get the results at home.

"Over the last 10 years Fulham had few away wins and we already have two this season, so that is the only positive."

The Dutchman dismissed talk of mounting pressure after the 4-3 defeat by Leicester in the Capital One Cup, which followed a 2-0 loss at Southampton in which Fulham managed just one shot on goal.

Jol believes that United's start to the season under David Moyes shows that the Cottagers are not the only side that have had issues in the opening weeks of the campaign.

He added: "It is the same all over in the Premier League. If you don't get the results, people will be critical.

"Last week United were on 11 points and we were on 10 points, so that is not what you expect from a team like Man United."

Fulham's home woes
The 1-0 win over Stoke on 5 October is Fulham's only home victory in the Premier League since the 3-2 win over QPR on 1 April

aaronmcguigan

"We can do that with the help of the supporters."

hows about we do it with the help of a game plan, and eleven people playing as a team?

"Last week United were on 11 points and we were on 10 points, so that is not what you expect from a team like Man United."

WHY does he keep comparing other teams points to ours, and league places, it drives me nuts. ALL the teams around us have played different teams, and some teams have played all the top four, hence positions and points at this stage will always be askew. Saying that we have 10 points only says that we have beaten 3 poor teams who many other teams havent played yet meaning absolutely nothing yet

alfie

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on November 01, 2013, 06:18:20 PM
"We can do that with the help of the supporters."

hows about we do it with the help of a game plan, and eleven people playing as a team?

WHY does he keep comparing other teams points to ours, and league places, it drives me nuts. ALL the teams around us have played different teams, and some teams have played all the top four, hence positions and points at this stage will always be askew. Saying that we have 10 points only says that we have beaten 3 poor teams who many other teams havent played yet meaning absolutely nothing yet

What do you want him to say, we go on here about his lack of motivating the players, but what sort of motivation would that be for for the players for him to say we are going to get thrashed or we will be rubbish etc etc.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LBNo11

...it's easy for me, I no longer believe a word he says, I think he'd have trouble motivating a politician to lie
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JDH101

For me his press conferences are now a waste of time. Its just noise to fill the void. Its constant excuses, random stats and critiquing our players in public (except for Berbatov, who ironically is the one person I would publicly criticise in the hope it would motivate him to maybe break into a jog once in a while).

Then when he has run out of BS he just says things like Fulham are lucky to have him, he's got jobs lined up all over the continent and he's not used to working at a small club like Fulham.

I love my club so much. I have never wanted anything other than Fulham to win. But the longer Jol is in charge the more serious the danger of relegation becomes. So the moment we go 2 goals down (I'll support us until any positive result is realistically achievable), with no hope whatsoever of troubling their keeper, I might start hoping that the Mancs go on and score 5 or 6. Khan and the board need to sit up and take notice. We have a very real, very serious issue at the cottage.

I think the worst result for us would be to only lose by 1 or 2 goals so it is respectable. Then Jol can come out and say we drew the last 20 minutes which was a positive.