News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you are unhappy with the manager please contact...

Started by LBNo11, November 04, 2013, 02:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 06, 2013, 10:58:38 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 06, 2013, 10:50:30 AM
Sounds like something you'd read in the daily mail this...

...well don't read it and don't write. Your choice. Keep practising playing with that fiddle...

I don't think as an admin it is appropriate to say I shouldn't read it as thats the point of a forum. I chose not to write.....Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve. If this situation arises ie Jol sacked, I will carry on doing what i am doing, supporting my club and not creating a vile atmosphere that *some are.
*I don't mean anyone directly in this chat or on FoF but booing etc and fans fighting amongst themselves hasn't helped.

Quote from: epsomraver on November 06, 2013, 11:07:27 AM

So you are happy with the situation?

I agree i'm not happy but i'm not yet succumbing to the doom and gloom that some have portrayed. We aren't 20th (yet) and we aren't in the relegation zone (yet) and to my eyes we haven't played a decent game all year. My hope lies in our ability to change this.

I agree with the stewards argument and the lack of FFC policies making us supporters feel like we are second string to the away lot who get away with anything and everything. I'll just support my club regardless of who sits in the throne to pick the team and to not add to some rather stale atmospheres I have witnessed of late.

grandad

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 06, 2013, 11:20:19 AM

...well don't read it and don't write. Your choice. Keep practising playing with that fiddle...

I don't think as an admin it is appropriate to say I shouldn't read it as thats the point of a forum. I chose not to write.....Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve. If this situation arises ie Jol sacked, I will carry on doing what i am doing, supporting my club and not creating a vile atmosphere that *some are.
*I don't mean anyone directly in this chat or on FoF but booing etc and fans fighting amongst themselves hasn't helped.

I agree i'm not happy but i'm not yet succumbing to the doom and gloom that some have portrayed. We aren't 20th (yet) and we aren't in the relegation zone (yet) and to my eyes we haven't played a decent game all year. My hope lies in our ability to change this.

I agree with the stewards argument and the lack of FFC policies making us supporters feel like we are second string to the away lot who get away with anything and everything. I'll just support my club regardless of who sits in the throne to pick the team and to not add to some rather stale atmospheres I have witnessed of late.

:plus one: to both posts.
Of course I am not happy about us never having won a major trophy in my 59 years of supporting the club. It is unlikely in my lifetime that we will win anything but I will still support the club with as much passion as I always have. I have known some pretty bad times & our present situation is no way as bad. Keep believing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on November 06, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Of course I am not happy about us never having won a major trophy in my 59 years of supporting the club. It is unlikely in my lifetime that we will win anything but I will still support the club with as much passion as I always have. I have known some pretty bad times & our present situation is no way as bad. Keep believing.

If we all had adapted this do nothing attitude  then we would be Fulham park rangers, did you not go on the pitch at the Walsall game  to protest at the situation? did you walk from the dog track to CC to protest at the loss of the Cottage? we did , If you think standing back and doing nothing is the the way to get change then sorry, you are deluded.

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on November 06, 2013, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: grandad on November 06, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

If we all had adapted this do nothing attitude  then we would be Fulham park rangers, did you not go on the pitch at the Walsall game  to protest at the situation? did you walk from the dog track to CC to protest at the loss of the Cottage? we did , If you think standing back and doing nothing is the the way to get change then sorry, you are deluded.

You'd make a very valid point, had the situation even be remotely similar. It's not though. We as a club have evolved. We aren't on the cusp of oblivion. I simply do nothing out of trust that my club is well ran (which it is) and we aren't drifting into impending doom. Was I around in such troubled times, I would have been there because that was admirable and dare I say it necessary. Now it isn't a matter of proposing actions in order to fundimentally save the club.

I do like your passion however.

Andy S

Yes I fall into the same category. If it would definitely help to get rid of Jol I would say yes do it. The problem is Jol Knows the players he knows their strengths and weaknesses. He also knows the players we need in the window.  He is not the fool he is painted to be. The other thing is will the new man need time to get everyone working together. Will he just purchase players for the sake of it none of which will be any better than we already have. There are very few points on the table that we can honestly say in advance we will gain. We need the fight of everyone at the club. I'm sure everyone is working on it.

epsomraver

He is not the fool he is painted to be. really? judging by his comments to the press and the performances on the pitch I wouldn't be so sure. For all the positives you quote why are these not evident then,he knows the players strengths and weaknesses, really? then why does persist week in week out playing the same no  shape team with players who obviously are not enjoying their football and seem to have no idea what they are doing out there.

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on November 06, 2013, 01:45:30 PM
He is not the fool he is painted to be. really? judging by his comments to the press and the performances on the pitch I wouldn't be so sure. For all the positives you quote why are these not evident then,he knows the players strengths and weaknesses, really? then why does persist week in week out playing the same no  shape team with players who obviously are not enjoying their football and seem to have no idea what they are doing out there.

Because he feels plan B,C,D and E aren't good enough for the EPL and certain parts of his squad aren't physically/mentally ready and other members just don't fit into his plan.....if there is one.

I don't know, i'm not overly smitten with him but i'll worry slightly more with the unpredictability of a new manager over our current one who has successfully steered us clear previously. That is the extent of my argument for keeping him so read into that what you will but our downfall is *just* down to him.

bill taylors apprentice

FFC 1987 SAID

Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve.
[/quote]

[/quote]

While you are entitled to do and think as you wish, don't you think you are putting a lot of faith into something that is looking worse by the day.
Fewer and fewer people by the day are unable to see any evidence that any constructive work is being done behind the scenes to turn things around.
This is not a blip that can be ridden out, but even if it was the team would be set up to make us hard to beat first and foremost by a good coach
Jol may genuinely believe berbatov and ruiz are our first 2 names on the team sheet regardless, but the lack of any tactics to get the best out of them while protecting the team is worse than amateurish.
Jol clearly cant see the wood for the trees so the only hope of getting the best from the squad is to shake things up and give someone else the chance.  

LBNo11

Quote from: FFC1987 on Today at 10:50:30 AM

FFC 1987: "I don't think as an admin it is appropriate to say I shouldn't read it as thats the point of a forum. I chose not to write.....Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve. If this situation arises ie Jol sacked, I will carry on doing what i am doing, supporting my club and not creating a vile atmosphere that *some are.
*I don't mean anyone directly in this chat or on FoF but booing etc and fans fighting amongst themselves hasn't helped".

...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in your interpretation of my comment, to clarify, if you don't like the Mail don't read it, I don't - if you don't want to write, that is your choice, but after two and a half seasons plus in charge, if you are happy with things or too lazy to change things then such procrastination could mean changes will be made too late to save the club from the drop.

Either way, as a moderator I am still entitled to a point of view, but you can complain to the other moderators about me being honest in expressing my views.

The point about getting people to write is that even if you think Jol will one day do a wonderful job, or could do better then let them know, if you think the players are letting him down- let them know, if you think the board should be investing in better, younger players - let them know, they may do something about it. There are others, like myself, who cannot see that Jol has achieved anything and strongly feel that he won't ever at Fulham as his sterile style of play holds no interest to me and I feel his continued tenure at the club, coupled with the poor form and poor results and poor points tally means he will take the club down...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFC1987

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 06, 2013, 03:10:29 PM
FFC 1987 SAID

Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve.

[/quote][/b][/b]

While you are entitled to do and think as you wish, don't you think you are putting a lot of faith into something that is looking worse by the day.
Fewer and fewer people by the day are unable to see any evidence that any constructive work is being done behind the scenes to turn things around.
This is not a blip that can be ridden out, but even if it was the team would be set up to make us hard to beat first and foremost by a good coach
Jol may genuinely believe berbatov and ruiz are our first 2 names on the team sheet regardless, but the lack of any tactics to get the best out of them while protecting the team is worse than amateurish.
Jol clearly cant see the wood for the trees so the only hope of getting the best from the squad is to shake things up and give someone else the chance.  
[/quote]

You make the presumption that by men in charge I was referring to Mr Jol. I was merely talking about the club as a whole and that is where my faith is placed seeing as we have 10 years worth of factual contributions that indicate we are in good hands. You presume that the only way the club can improve is without Jol. I can't say whether he can or not but I can confidently say the guys who run the club know whats good for the club and i'll place my trust in that. With or without Jol.

FFC1987

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 06, 2013, 03:30:42 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on Today at 10:50:30 AM

FFC 1987: "I don't think as an admin it is appropriate to say I shouldn't read it as thats the point of a forum. I chose not to write.....Not through any highground or overseeing perspective, just that I feel the club employs (i'd like to think) people who are well aware of the situation. Call it lazy but I imagine(hope) things are being addressed. I also don't feel that getting rid of Jol will make things drastically improve. If this situation arises ie Jol sacked, I will carry on doing what i am doing, supporting my club and not creating a vile atmosphere that *some are.
*I don't mean anyone directly in this chat or on FoF but booing etc and fans fighting amongst themselves hasn't helped".

...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in your interpretation of my comment, to clarify, if you don't like the Mail don't read it, I don't - if you don't want to write, that is your choice, but after two and a half seasons plus in charge, if you are happy with things or too lazy to change things then such procrastination could mean changes will be made too late to save the club from the drop.

Either way, as a moderator I am still entitled to a point of view, but you can complain to the other moderators about me being honest in expressing my views.

The point about getting people to write is that even if you think Jol will one day do a wonderful job, or could do better then let them know, if you think the players are letting him down- let them know, if you think the board should be investing in better, younger players - let them know, they may do something about it. There are others, like myself, who cannot see that Jol has achieved anything and strongly feel that he won't ever at Fulham as his sterile style of play holds no interest to me and I feel his continued tenure at the club, coupled with the poor form and poor results and poor points tally means he will take the club down...

Cheers for the clarity, it was indeed interpreted in the wrong manner. I will only state that again, we aren't in the bottom 3 and that changing things could ultimately make things worse. Plenty of examples that it works both way! I wouldn't complain about a moderator to a moderator regarding an expressional view, no one in this thread has suggested such so im rather confused.

Maybe i'm cynical or unaware of our impending doom but I generally think things could be far worse. History dictates this.

LBNo11

...FFC1987, you are right, things have been worse, but we had worse players, were  in lower leagues, with hardly any money and expectations were commensurate.

However, now we are in the premier league, we have international players and a billionaire owner and a manager who has cachet in terms of reputation, so in context we are in a worse situation.

This is why I passionately feel the fans need to make their feelings known before matters get out of hand...

FFC1987

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 06, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
...FFC1987, you are right, things have been worse, but we had worse players, were  in lower leagues, with hardly any money and expectations were commensurate.

However, now we are in the premier league, we have international players and a billionaire owner and a manager who has cachet in terms of reputation, so in context we are in a worse situation.

This is why I passionately feel the fans need to make their feelings known before matters get out of hand...

Fair enough point. I may not agree with the application of it but I can't disregard it. We all see things differently and react differently and if doing this brings some good then everyones a winner. I do however hope the situation regarding dire atmospheres in places gets better and ultimately the fans stick together.

Some parts of FFC needs re-evaluating, like the stewards and there lack of responsibility when it comes to officiating away fans but I do think some of our fans need to settle down a bit and focus on being a bit more supportive. (which ultimately is there role) *I should add, at matches.

Jill

Ive sent two e mails to tommy guthri and received  no response to either.  Not happy about that now either

Hammer Smith

I've just emailed Tom Guthrie to explain my concern at the current state of the Club and the need to replace the Manager. Based on other fans' experiences, I wonder whether we will even get a reply?

LBNo11

...please don't expect Tommy to reply immediately, he will pass on the concerns to the higher management, and if a sufficient number of letters are sent then they will ultimately make it up the chain to Alistair MacIntosh. If he ignores the concerns we may as well not exist...

LBNo11

...I urge you to write to the club - if they do nothing the next step will be embarrassing the club into action...

YankeeJim

Quote from: Holders on November 05, 2013, 07:49:12 AM
Quote from: Berserker on November 04, 2013, 11:28:44 PM
I'm sorry but i study archaeology and evolution and must point out that the stereotype of Neanderthals is completely wrong

On average 2.8% of Homo sapiens' genome is Neanderthal.

2.8% of mankind are Manur fans?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

I just sent the following to the club:

Sir:

It is with deepest regret that I feel compelled to write this email. I am concerned that this current Fulham edition is headed straight into the Championship. We have played without heart, without effort and without a plan. The defense plays "bunch ball", gathering into a panic each time the ball passes the midfield stripe. The midfield is constantly overrun and serves no more purpose than the bumpers on a pin ball machine. I cannot comment on the attack since there is none. I will say that the inability to hold a lead or to defend a set piece comes from , in my opinion, the utter lack of a plan put forth to the players by Mr. Jol. Furthermore, selection of that immature, petulant child Berbatov to be captain in Hangeland's absence demonstrates the utter lack of man management or leadership by Mr. Jol and perhaps the entire coaching staff. The time is now to make a change. Martin Jol needs to move on. Whatever cash out would be contractually owed him pales when compared to the loss of money from being relegated. Please, for the love of Fulham, make a management change.

Regards,

Jim Simmons

aka Yankee Jim
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

jms

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 09, 2013, 07:02:23 PM
I just sent the following to the club:

Sir:

It is with deepest regret that I feel compelled to write this email. I am concerned that this current Fulham edition is headed straight into the Championship. We have played without heart, without effort and without a plan. The defense plays "bunch ball", gathering into a panic each time the ball passes the midfield stripe. The midfield is constantly overrun and serves no more purpose than the bumpers on a pin ball machine. I cannot comment on the attack since there is none. I will say that the inability to hold a lead or to defend a set piece comes from , in my opinion, the utter lack of a plan put forth to the players by Mr. Jol. Furthermore, selection of that immature, petulant child Berbatov to be captain in Hangeland's absence demonstrates the utter lack of man management or leadership by Mr. Jol and perhaps the entire coaching staff. The time is now to make a change. Martin Jol needs to move on. Whatever cash out would be contractually owed him pales when compared to the loss of money from being relegated. Please, for the love of Fulham, make a management change.

Regards,

Jim Simmons

aka Yankee Jim

:plus one: