watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Jol sacked who then? merged

Started by spikey norman, November 04, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

How many times do we have to answer this stupid question? It's infuriating now. Did you not see the thread a week or so ago with names of quality managers around Europe? Then Supersimmo has just named 4 others. How many more do you want?

TonyGilroy

I'd take McLeish or Pulis right now because they'd organise the defence and demand maximum effort and in your face defiance.

Seeing the team fail to come close to matching the oppositions' effort EVERY game disgusts me and that is down to the manager.

Is there anyone posting here who thinks we'll stay up if Jol sees out the season?

JDH101

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 09, 2013, 05:03:42 PM
What GOOD manager is out there, that would want to come to Fulham? Names like Di Matteo are thrown around, but after managing Chelsea, he'd see it as a step back surely. Would he WANT to come here? I doubt it

You are totally right. We should stick with Jol because we don't know whats out there. Someone might be worse than Jol and then we would have lost 5 or 6 nil today instead of 4. Then where would we be?

Come on man, that wasn't a serious post was it? This thread should be locked and closed. Keeping Jol is not even a discussion point anymore.

PaulJ123

Dyche is a great shout but doubt he'd leave Burnley

Huxley

I know he is no longer a manager, more a director of football due to burnout, but Ralf Ragnick would be prefect. Would tick all the boxes:
- Technical knowledg, known as Der Professor
- Promotes an uses youth.. took a young team from div 2 to top third of the Bundesliga.
- has an eye for young talent.
- Strictness, has a go at players who do not perform
- Happily sells off or demotes players who do not get the hint from teh point above

Also, for the fans he shows passion on teh side line.

Furby

Quote from: SKSW6 on November 09, 2013, 05:16:15 PM
How many times do we have to answer this stupid question? It's infuriating now. Did you not see the thread a week or so ago with names of quality managers around Europe? Then Supersimmo has just named 4 others. How many more do you want?

Don't take the bait mate. I'm not even going to answer the authors question, as it's been asked just to wind people up.

Huxley

BTW i do not rate deMateo either... only did well with a team of superstars.

Classic94

Jol in/Jol out is not a debate any more. Those still defending him are clutching at straws. Who is out there? Well I suspect even the kit man could do a better job at present.

Fernhurst

Quote from: supersimmo123 on November 09, 2013, 05:08:32 PM
Malkay McKay, Sean Dyche, Zola, Eddie Howe... 4 top young managers

Mackay and Howe best candidates of those 4.

Mackay would need to be handed a significant budget before he would move.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Admin

Ah, the old "Well who else it out there" post. We usually get one or two of these after a poor result like today, but I tend to view them as a last ditched attempt to defend Jol as all previous excuses have now been exhausted.

Bottom line is, our owner is very wealthy, if not one of the top 6 wealthiest owners in the Premier League - to date. He's had enough time to monitor Jol, it clearly isn't working and his 200 million investment is going down the swanny, if not to the Championship!

The guy now needs to show his hand and that means coming out and appointing a top draw manager.

Neil D

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 09, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
I'd take McLeish or Pulis right now

I know we're desperate but Pulis...He makes Sanchez look like a manager.

Matt Inglis

I like the names supersimmo put down.. we don't need a world class manager to come in and secure top 10 finishes every year.. we just need someone who will stop the frankly embarrassing performances we have been putting in.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

theotherdembele

Wasn't gonna write on this forum today because i've had enough of talking about how awful we are but this post just got on my nerves so MUCH!

1. Where a established premier league club, the most attractive league in the world for managers why wouldn't we be able to get someone of quality in.

2. Roy Hodgson arguably our greatest manager of all time wasn't on any of our shortlists when he was appointed.

3. Pochettino has been a revelation at a southampton club who were no better then us when he joined so who's to say whether someone would be a success or not.

4. I'll rather have my nan as head coach and mickey bloody mouse as assistant then this p****.

Holders

Tigana and Roy came out of the blue. There must be other gems like them, it's not for us to know who they are, that's AM's job.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

Quote from: ross_bamping on November 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
I'm sorry, you lot are as bad as Jol. Anyone who backs Jol, I have no respect for your view, and you clearly want us to fail.

Then don't bother responding to posters you have no respect for.

Pluto

We're an established PL side with good training facilities and a decent youth system in place. If Khan makes money available for new players, managers will want to come.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2013, 05:13:06 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 09, 2013, 05:03:42 PM
What GOOD manager is out there, that would want to come to Fulham? Names like Di Matteo are thrown around, but after managing Chelsea, he'd see it as a step back surely. Would he WANT to come here? I doubt it

Same old ridiculous non argument.  It is not our job to talent spot a new manager.  Jol should go and the club has had long enough to plan for a replacement.

Exactly. This is the job of the board. My knowledge of such things is very limited as I don't get the chance to watch much football these days due to time constraints. The club however have experienced and knowledgeable staff with the time to scout for talent and the ability to sound them out for if they'd be interested.
A caretaker manager could potentially steady the ship but ideally they'll already have people in mind and we can swiftly make our move. If this means paying compensation so be it, we have a decent enough squad to stay up if they are managed right and thus the money should be spent on the manager before being spent on new players.

Fulham76

Jol's tactics & style is old fashioned & easy to beat. A new manager will come in with new ideas, new tactics & may launch the odd attack! That would be nice.

Jimpav

I would take Pulis or Curbishley if they were the only alternative.

Stoke were one dimensional but they made it to a cup final and they were always a tough side to play.

Charlton did well under Curbishley. He signed players like Murphy and Parker. Very much a low spending mid-table side like ourselves.

Both are far from perfect but they would be 1000 x better than Jol.