more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Jol sacked who then? merged

Started by spikey norman, November 04, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on November 09, 2013, 05:45:20 PM
I know he is no longer a manager, more a director of football due to burnout, but Ralf Ragnick would be prefect. Would tick all the boxes:
- Technical knowledg, known as Der Professor
- Promotes an uses youth.. took a young team from div 2 to top third of the Bundesliga.
- has an eye for young talent.
- Strictness, has a go at players who do not perform
- Happily sells off or demotes players who do not get the hint from teh point above

Also, for the fans he shows passion on teh side line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick

Logicalman

Quote from: Pluto on November 09, 2013, 06:14:59 PM
We're an established PL side with good training facilities and a decent youth system in place. If Khan makes money available for new players, managers will want to come.

Agreed, the problem is the chicken and egg principle. Does a manger sign expecting cash to be made available, or do you make cash available to the current manager and he spends it first?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Furby on November 09, 2013, 05:45:46 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on November 09, 2013, 05:16:15 PM
How many times do we have to answer this stupid question? It's infuriating now. Did you not see the thread a week or so ago with names of quality managers around Europe? Then Supersimmo has just named 4 others. How many more do you want?

Don't take the bait mate. I'm not even going to answer the authors question, as it's been asked just to wind people up.

That's a tad harsh, I am not in either of the Jol camps (in or out), just making a mediating point. Didn't intend to wind anyone up, sorry if it came across that way
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

malc

Surely anybody would be better than Jol.Even Pulis(and I don't like him).But he would be able to instil a bit of "up and at 'em" attitude into the team which is totally absent at the moment.

Buffalo76

simplyfulham

Always worth remembering that the Hodgson appointment came out if nowhere and that was an unprecedented success.

Look at Southampton plucking Pocchetino out of (almost) thin air as another more recen example.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 09, 2013, 06:22:17 PM
Jol's tactics & style is old fashioned & easy to beat. A new manager will come in with new ideas, new tactics & may launch the odd attack! That would be nice.

0001.jpeg

Riverside

1) I would be happy with Kit Symons .
Done a good job with the U-21s .

2) We are still Premier League .
If we move quick enough that is an attraction for everyone in Leagues below and many overseas

ron

Quote from: Jimpav on November 09, 2013, 06:30:31 PM
I would take Pulis or Curbishley if they were the only alternative.

Stoke were one dimensional but they made it to a cup final and they were always a tough side to play.

Charlton did well under Curbishley. He signed players like Murphy and Parker. Very much a low spending mid-table side like ourselves.

Both are far from perfect but they would be 1000 x better than Jol.

I have to say I always admired what Curbishley could do with a side like Charlton. Also agree that Charlton are (or were) a club very similar to ourselves. Maybe he isn't quite so far from a perfect fit for what we are facing at the moment.

Burt

There must be a reason why Curbishley hasn't managed since 2008...

If he was any good, he would have been in demand.

ron

Quote from: Burt on November 09, 2013, 08:52:30 PM
There must be a reason why Curbishley hasn't managed since 2008...

If he was any good, he would have been in demand.

Allegedly, Jol is not short of offers.......?

Bassey the warrior

We have to move away from old timers. We need a modern and young manager. The game has changed a lot.

the nutflush

If Khan is serious about his commitmnet to this club then he will stump up the money for someone like Guus Hiddink and give him a bank to buy some real players in January.  Anything else is just half assed and won't get us out of trouble.  Jol is insulting us by saying there are 5-6 worse teams than us.  For one he has his head up his backside if he thinks so.  Our squad is nowhere near strong enough and we are the worst team to watch at the moment.  Two by saying that he is just stating we are aiming for 15th each season he is in charge.  If Khan cannot see that this is a big problem then Im afraid he isnt serious about a long term commitment to the club and may be more interested in the real estate value of Craven Cottage.

Lewis J

Fulham's a very attractive club for the majority of managers out there .  I do feel we need a change . Being in a guy who likes to play more positive attacking football and better tactics .

Logicalman

Quote from: Lewis J on November 10, 2013, 12:33:38 AM
Fulham's a very attractive club for the majority of managers out there .  I do feel we need a change . Being in a guy who likes to play more positive attacking football and better tactics .

Obviously, the last of your statements are where you and Jol fail to see eye to eye it seems.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: the nutflush on November 09, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
If Khan is serious about his commitmnet to this club then he will stump up the money for someone like Guus Hiddink and give him a bank to buy some real players in January.  Anything else is just half assed and won't get us out of trouble.  Jol is insulting us by saying there are 5-6 worse teams than us.  For one he has his head up his backside if he thinks so.  Our squad is nowhere near strong enough and we are the worst team to watch at the moment.  Two by saying that he is just stating we are aiming for 15th each season he is in charge.  If Khan cannot see that this is a big problem then Im afraid he isnt serious about a long term commitment to the club and may be more interested in the real estate value of Craven Cottage.

Guus Hiddink? Control yourself man. There's ambition then there's just wishful thinking.

Dave s

Thanks for replying but I have to say I did read some threads and they all ended up saying, Their wife, Di Matteo, Zola , Hiddink,  Hoddle,  other Chelsea W's.

I Just feel forget all that. We just need to play and think as a team. Players and fans.

p.s. yes I am a newbie, so what.

Logicalman

Quote from: Dave s on November 10, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
p.s. yes I am a newbie, so what.

So, as you were new, I was trying to be helpful pointing out there were loads of other threads, though that wasn't on this thread

Quote from: Dave s on November 10, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
Thanks for replying but I have to say I did read some threads and they all ended up saying, Their wife, Di Matteo, Zola , Hiddink,  Hoddle,  other Chelsea W's.

I Just feel forget all that. We just need to play and think as a team. Players and fans.

I quite agree with you, you're not saying anything other than has been said over and over again on here, precisely on those threads. Having the same content threads time and time again gets tiring, really quickly, unfortunately.

the nutflush

Quote from: The Moose on November 10, 2013, 12:49:12 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on November 09, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
If Khan is serious about his commitmnet to this club then he will stump up the money for someone like Guus Hiddink and give him a bank to buy some real players in January.  Anything else is just half assed and won't get us out of trouble.  Jol is insulting us by saying there are 5-6 worse teams than us.  For one he has his head up his backside if he thinks so.  Our squad is nowhere near strong enough and we are the worst team to watch at the moment.  Two by saying that he is just stating we are aiming for 15th each season he is in charge.  If Khan cannot see that this is a big problem then Im afraid he isnt serious about a long term commitment to the club and may be more interested in the real estate value of Craven Cottage.

Guus Hiddink? Control yourself man. There's ambition then there's just wishful thinking.

If Anzhi Whatsamacallit could lure him I reckon we would have a shot if Khan got serious.  Theres worse places to work than West London.   

SimpleTactics

To be honest i am sick of reading posts like

"What GOOD manager is out there, that would want to come to Fulham? Names like Di Matteo are thrown around, but after managing Chelsea, he'd see it as a step back surely. Would he WANT to come here? I doubt it" - Riether Lightning.

As i made in a previous post if you were the chairman and could pick any manager in management or not who would you pick. Its so easy to say there is no one out there but in reality there are many. No one here would have suggested Roy so please just stop with the "please not Zola" etc as it is like a broken record.