watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Jol sacked who then? merged

Started by spikey norman, November 04, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

by Norwich would Chris Hughton be someone Jol should get in as a no 2?
They seemed to work well when they last worked together

ToodlesMcToot

I think it would be good for the team and for our performance, but I can't see Houghton taking the step back.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SimpleTactics

We are past the point of saving our team with Jol in charge. He has to go and he has to go now.

Admin

Houghton has moved on from being a No.2, that's what most No.2's do in their career at some point. He's managed Newcastle, Birmingham and Now Norwich, where in all honesty he hasn't done to bad, up until now. Me personally, I can't see him going back to being a No.2 and I think he will continue in management, if he gets the sack.

spikey norman

Quote from: Admin on November 04, 2013, 07:34:15 PM
Houghton has moved on from being a No.2, that's what most No.2's do in their career at some point. He's managed Newcastle, Birmingham and Now Norwich, where in all honesty he hasn't done to bad, up until now. Me personally, I can't see him going back to being a No.2 and I think he will continue in management, if he gets the sack.
Would you consider him as a replacement for Jol

Admin

Quote from: spikey norman on November 04, 2013, 09:02:37 PM
Quote from: Admin on November 04, 2013, 07:34:15 PM
Would you consider him as a replacement for Jol

Not for Fulham, but an up and coming Championship side maybe, hold on...

Rhys Lightning 63

What GOOD manager is out there, that would want to come to Fulham? Names like Di Matteo are thrown around, but after managing Chelsea, he'd see it as a step back surely. Would he WANT to come here? I doubt it
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

YankeeJim

ANY new manager would bring a change in attitude. The way this squad just lays down is embarrassing.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PaulJ123

Why people want Di Matteo, I have no idea.

He got sacked at WBA (a similar sort of club to us). Did poorly in the league with Chelsea and got very lucky in the Champions League!

Seriously baffles me why people rate him so highly.

Humbled

i want any manager that will play the best 11 for Fulham FC and not be too scared to drop the so called 'stars'

Ordar

I'd take a chance on Hoddle or go for someone young like Lee Clark.

I honestly believe that no-one could manage this group of players worse than Jol. And I include Sanchez in that

supersimmo123

Malkay McKay, Sean Dyche, Zola, Eddie Howe... 4 top young managers

LordNelson

If the owner made the right commitments to a new manager, we could get a decent one.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

nose

the argument is wrong.
This manager is killing us, any change will be an imoprvement.
Kit and Danny M could easily caretake.
the name mentioned is just as poor as jol

Fulham Tup North

..even Kit Simmons would be a good replacement.   Fulham through and through and knows how to get a team playing like a team instead of eleven individuals!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 09, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
ANY new manager would bring a change in attitude. The way this squad just lays down is embarrassing.
I don´t agree that ANY manager will do. Only one that has proven credentials would do. Our key players are just not up to the required standard. The whole back 4 is dreadful. Midfield cant create & the forwards don´t score enough. Our youngsters are not ready for a relegation fight.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

We may not attract the very top managers but all managers think they can do a better job and the attraction  of the PL, London and hopefully money to spend in the next 2 windows will interest many.

Twig

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 09, 2013, 05:03:42 PM
What GOOD manager is out there, that would want to come to Fulham? Names like Di Matteo are thrown around, but after managing Chelsea, he'd see it as a step back surely. Would he WANT to come here? I doubt it

Same old ridiculous non argument.  It is not our job to talent spot a new manager.  Jol should go and the club has had long enough to plan for a replacement.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on November 09, 2013, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 09, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
I don´t agree that ANY manager will do. Only one that has proven credentials would do. Our key players are just not up to the required standard. The whole back 4 is dreadful. Midfield cant create & the forwards don´t score enough. Our youngsters are not ready for a relegation fight.

Well that is exactly what they will be facing under Jol