News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK, so you are the new manager, what do you do differently?

Started by horse1031, November 04, 2013, 08:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I agree with the trend in the above posts, Berbatov and Ruiz have to be left out of the starting eleven and Boateng is needed to provide a shield for the back four.
My team would be:-
                                    Stek
       Reither     Hughes       Hangeland       Richardson
                               Boateng
           Dejegah     Karagounis   Parker    Kasami

Rodders

filham

Quote from: win-dup on November 06, 2013, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on November 04, 2013, 08:43:02 PM
Hypothetically, you have been brought in as Jol's replacement.  Who would be on your staff?  What formation would you use?  What players would you play and why?

I am as frustrated as anyone watching us play such dire football but my question is do we have the players to gel and play good football.  Obviously, the team is individually talented but can we really get Taarabt, Berba, Ruiz, Bent playing together or do we just play 1 of them and get some hard working players around them to get a result.  Roy Hodgson would have loved to have the talent that this team has but would he been able to deal with Berba and rest?  A manager that has some balls would do something like this and play players who are actually putting in shifts and will track back for the TEAM.  Sir Alex knew that Berba was luxury so he didn't play him, simply as that.  He might have the most talent Fulham has ever had but he is also up there with the worst work ethic.

4-4-1-1

Stekelenburg

Zverotic    Hughes   Amorebieta   Richardson

Dejegah   Parker     Boateng    Duff

Kasami
                           Rodallega

Bench Berba, Bent, Taarabt, Ruiz and tell them if they don't work for the team then they arent playing.  That leaves us with a problem, we are paying them a bunch of money.... fp.gif

Macedo

Cohen Langley

Mullery Bentley Lowe

Leggat Robson Jezzard Haynes Chamberlain

twenty pounds a week wages, three pounds win bonus and this lot would score a hundred goals a season. Mind you they would concede a hundred too.
I think that team contains 8 english internationals ( not sure about Sticks Lowe) and a Scotish  international as well as the best uncapped keeper of his day. Tosh of course has no caps but must be our most entertaining and best loved player and did he pack a shot.

A truly mouthwatering line up.

Classic94

- Each player should fight for their spot. No guaranteed starters - this should be performance based.

- No hiding in my dugout for 80% of the game. The manager should manage.

- Parker would be made captain and Reither vice-captain.

- Drop Berbatov and lecture him about his attitude. If he acts up, I would sell him in January.

- Ruiz would join Berbatov on the sidelines to work on his game. Initially, I'd look to integrate him back into the squad, though if the right offer came in January, I would sell him too.

- Riise, Hughes, Senderos, Duff, Karagounis & possibly Bent would all be let go in the summer. We need a younger, fitter, hungrier squad.

- David & Mesca would get more 1st team opportunities. Grimmer, Christensen, Dembele etc. should be loaned out. Burn would be in my first XI for next season.

- Open contract negotiations with Kasami (providing this isn't already happening).

- New backroom staff. Kit Symons would be promoted and I'd ask Danny Murphy to return as a coach. Employing people with a prior knowledge of the club is important and Murphy is respected in Fulham circles.

- In the short-term, reorganise the defence and implement shape. This should be drilled into them day after day. Every player must know their role. We should be hard to beat - particularly at home.  

- Instil some urgency into our attacking play and identify the players to facilitate this.

- Learn how to attack/defend set-pieces.

- A stronger emphasis on fitness, strength and conditioning. Laziness is not acceptable.  

- The players must acknowledge the fans after every match.

My XI:

Stekelenburg

Reither---Hangeland---Amorebieta---Richardson

Dejagah---Boateng---Parker---Kasami

Rodallega---Bent

BishopsParkFantastic

As new Fulham Manager:

First: Appoint a top team trainer/coach and fitness guru

Second: Sign a top quality, creative centre midfield player - I would attempt to re-sign Dembele from Spurts to play alongside Parker!

Third: Sign a top quality 'natural' left back

Four: Bring back Dan Burn from on loan at Birmingham asap

Five: Following the above, my choice of team would be, with Parker as Captain subs/other choices in brackets:

Stekelburg (Stockdale)
Riether (Zverotic)   -    Burn (Hangeland)   -    Amorebieta (Hangeland) -     new LB (Richardson)
                     Parker (Sidwell)             -                           new CM (David)
 Deja (Mesca)                                                                                         Kaca (Mesca)
                                                  Kasami (Ruiz)
                                              Dembele (Rodders)

Six: Let go of Taarabt, Bent, Riise, Briggs, Duff, Berba, Senderos, Hughes (keep inspirational Kara!)

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Classic94 on November 07, 2013, 12:22:31 AM
- Each player should fight for their spot. No guaranteed starters - this should be performance based...

My XI:

Stekelenburg

Rodallega---Bent

I thought this was going really well and I was agreeing with most of it and then you decided to try Bent and Rodallega as a forward combination and the whole dream collapsed.

Classic94

Quote from: F(f)CUK on November 07, 2013, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on November 07, 2013, 12:22:31 AM
- Each player should fight for their spot. No guaranteed starters - this should be performance based...

My XI:

Stekelenburg

Rodallega---Bent

I thought this was going really well and I was agreeing with most of it and then you decided to try Bent and Rodallega as a forward combination and the whole dream collapsed.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Bent or Rodallega but who else is there? One up front offers no attacking threat and Berbatov is a waste of space. Perhaps we could give young Dembele a chance? Rodallega is the lesser of two evils - he is limited, but at least he works for the team.