Started by Admin, November 09, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

MOTD comments as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berbasilk_111

the situation at the club is absolutely frightening, we are so inept it is beyond scary watching my team crumble like this week after week... I almost dont wanna go to the cottage atm knowing that we will probably play like this for the rest of the season, unless Jol goes

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Pluto

I agree. But just to warn you I got lambasted for saying similar a couple of weeks ago, since people around here seem to love Khan for some reason. Probably his awesome mustache.

YankeeJim

We were dire before Khan bought the team. He can hardly be blamed for that. Inaction, on the other hand, is worrisome.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Denver Fulham

What is Khan supposed to have done so far, aside from maybe canning Jol a month ago? He bought the team when its summer plan had already been implemented. He hasn't had a chance to fund transfers yet. He already said he's not going to micromanage a football club. This is silly based on reasonable evidence so far.

Pluto

Also Jol is still the biggest problem, closely followed by the coaching staff.

Aaron

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on November 09, 2013, 07:20:20 PM
This is absolute nonsense.

Not agreeing as it's far too early to tell, but why exactly is this absolute nonsense?

I haven't seen Khan do or say anything which indicates he has any knowledge or understanding about the situation he paid £200m to find himself in.  

This is not to say that he does not have a detailed plan for how he's going to turn us into a footballing power-house, but currently we're in free fall towards the Championship and the only thing that seems certain is that no one at the club wants to do anything to prevent it from happening.

One would imagine that Khan's motivation for buying Fulham in the first place was that they were located in London and were a "stable" proposition from a footballing perspective.. Now we're only located in London.

Similarly, what has he actually done with the Jaguars?  They currently have what is unquestionably the single worst team of the last 20 years and on the face of it, beyond infrastructure and "throwing money at the problem" he hasn't done anything there either..  Okay, they can't get relegated, but their performances on the field haven't been helped any during Khan's tenure.

The players don't appear to care.
The management don't appear to care.
The board don't appear to care.

Innocent until proven guilty, maybe.. But Khan's not exactly doing himself any favours here so far as I can tell.

Berbasilk_111

anyone who is supporting the manager after all that has happened is really infuriating me.

Aaron

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 09, 2013, 07:30:16 PM
What is Khan supposed to have done so far, aside from maybe canning Jol a month ago? He bought the team when its summer plan had already been implemented. He hasn't had a chance to fund transfers yet. He already said he's not going to micromanage a football club. This is silly based on reasonable evidence so far.

You're right.. but he hasn't exactly came out and promised to turn us into the "Manchester United of the South" either has he?  Actions speak louder than words, no question.. But as he hasn't had the opportunity to demonstrate his actions as yet, I'd feel a lot happier if he gave us some words.

Maybe though:  Khan has taken a calculated risk that the fat clueless buffoon currently responsible for writing the names on the teamsheet can't screw up bad enough to get relegated?  There's only 4 points between us and 9th which considering how badly we are playing would seem to indicate the rest of the league isn't THAT much better than us.  Start with a clean slate in the summer rather than throw £30m at a stop-gap solution to make sure we stay up? 

NogoodBoyo

The problem seems to be that Mackintosh is invested in Jol and Kahn is invested in Mackintosh.  The arguments that the club is suffering from managerial neglect due to absentee landlord syndrome and Kahn's woeful lack of experience in association football both hold all too true.
Nogood "jolly bad, itis" Boyo

JIMMY D

What do we do as Fulham Fans? Do we just sit back and watch us fall in flames?

MJG

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 09, 2013, 07:40:32 PM
The problem seems to be that Mackintosh is invested in Jol and Kahn is invested in Mackintosh.  The arguments that the club is suffering from managerial neglect due to absentee landlord syndrome and Kahn's woeful lack of experience in association football both hold all too true.
Nogood "jolly bad, itis" Boyo
that's my feeling. If CEO recomends to sacks Jol it could he seen as a black mark against him. Pretty sure in meetings with Khan Ally Mac would have recommended keeping him, to turn round now and say he made a mistake could be the end for him as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Guinness Haze

Quote from: JIMMY D on November 09, 2013, 07:42:06 PM

Just boycott next home game or two.  Attendance down to just a few hundred away fans and neutrals should help to focus Mr Khan and bring about change.

It's difficult to stay away, but Jol would be gone already if we'd done this earlier.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: JIMMY D on November 09, 2013, 07:42:06 PM
Good question. Is demonstrating an option or will that just force the club into making a potentially devastating snap decision?
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Matt Inglis on November 09, 2013, 06:06:23 PM
Quote from: Admin on November 09, 2013, 05:11:39 PM
we have a good squad that is seriously under achieving
This. Underachieving and underperforming.

Name one player on our roster that would sell for 5m pounds.

sumofallparts

Name one player on our roster that would sell for 5m pounds.[/quote]
+1
Nailed it.

ron

Humbled

Jol + Berbatov are the issue for me......

last year it was always the midfield couldn't feed Ruiz and Berba, this year you can see with Parker that the lack of movement ahead of him means we get so far then there is nowhere to go other than to over run it or go backwards

also like it or not we have some positions where our players are way below average

nose

Mr Khan, a new man, speaks well, obviously a great engineer and business man, needed time to get his feet under the desk so to speak, less than half a season a fulham man

me? I am 50+ years unbroken season ticket holder..... I have seen it all before,  my advice is get rid of the manager, you have no loyalty to him. Jol is hopeless, keeping him longer, giving him more time will make the next man's job harder.  The art of good management is to take descisive action, the time is now! I hope by the end of tomorrow i will have the news that in the end is inevitable