watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khan: Merged

Started by Admin, November 09, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Please don't take this the wrong way, this isn't a direct dig at Khan because things haven't gone well today, but I feel that the longer this Circus is allowed to go on, the deeper this club is going to get in trouble.

Looking at that team out there today has really saddened me. I know it's Liverpool and most of us weren't expecting to get much out of today, but that team really looks really down on its knees, and not capable of beating anyone for the rest of the season. There's not fight, no passion or even any team spirit, nothing.

I'm not sure what's going on, I don't really care who's fault it is anymore, but if the club can't see that this is now a critical situation, then, I don't really hold out much hope of us playing Premiership football next season.

Someone isn't advising someone correctly up top, because no successful businessman would be backing what's going on right now. We have a manager who has proven time and time again that he is not tactically capable, we have a good squad that is seriously under achieving, results are getting worse week after week, and simple things like taking corners or defending set pieces are costing us points in every game.

We now have an international break coming up and I fully expect Martin Jol to be sacked within the next couple of days, and the hunt for a more capable manager to have started, if not already. If not, then I'm slightly bemuses and also worried about our new owners intentions, if not lack of knowledge about the English game.

I'm not buying all this "Well who else is out there" excuse any more. Any sane supporter can clearly see that Jol has lost the plot and that even the kit guy could do and adequate job. We have one of the most wealthiest owners in the Premiership and I think it's time for him to come and show his bloody hand for once.

If he wants to continue monitoring things for another season without making any changes, then we are DOWN.   

supersimmo123

I have tweeted his son Tony asking him to get Shahid to view these forums for some of the fans perspective. Let's hope.

LordNelson

Well, he bought the Jaguars and they are now the shittiest team in the NFL.  And then us--seeing a pattern???  Absentee landlordism?????
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Ordar

Quote from: LordNelson on November 09, 2013, 05:14:47 PM
Well, he bought the Jaguars and they are now the shittiest team in the NFL.  And then us--seeing a pattern???  Absentee landlordism?????

Well to be fair, the Jaguars were in a right state before he took over. They've had to gut out the deadwood and rebuild. Which is safe to do in the NFL due to no relegation.

Logicalman

Quote from: Ordar on November 09, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Well to be fair, the Jaguars were in a right state before he took over. They've had to gut out the deadwood and rebuild. Which is safe to do in the NFL due to no relegation.

Unfortunately we need to do the same, but without that safety net. So, perhaps, Khan is aware of the perils of the Prem after all, and is having to tread carefully.

I doubt that the paying of compensation to Jol to satisfy whats is some 7 months of a contract will sway his decisions at all, I do believe that he knows that to jump in too soon and, perhaps, get a replacement that does nothing more for us than the present incumbent, is not a step forwards, but perhaps a step backwards, and so he is careful.

That said, he also knows he does need to inject some cash into the squad to overcome the deadwood-cutting process, but, again, the issue is not easy. Some of those contracts might go beyond just this season, and so the likelihood of selling such deadwood players is reduced, and they are still going to claim wages, playing or not.

Bassey the warrior

I agree mate. Khan needs to reach into his back pocket and get us a good manager even if he's already under contract. The Premier League is a tough tough league and Jol simply isn't up to the challenge.

win-dup

if performance on the field is ultimately the responsibility of the manager then it stands to reason that the man in charge of the club is ultimately responsible for the club.

All we've seen of him so far is him grinning like a Cheshire cat as we go down the plughole.

Like the clownish owners of Cardiff Blackburn and Hull he has absolutely no idea what football is about.

We are in the biggest mess since the days of Clay and Bulstrode.

Admin

Fr once, I actually tend to agree with you and don't think you're on a wind-up!

threedhomer

The fact is the owner is smarter than anyone on this forum, richer than anyone on this forum, and obviously a better businessman than anyone on this forum.  He bought the club as a luxury item, but guys like him are only wired one way, and that is to succeed.  

win-dup

as this posting which I made ten minutes ago has mysteriously disappeared I'll try again.

If the manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch then it stands to reason that that the owner of the club is responsible for what happens at the club.

All we've seen of Khan so far is him grinning like a Cheshire cat as we go down the plughole.

He appears to be as clueless about football as the clowns running Cardiff, Blackburn and Hull.

We are in a seriously bad situation, the likes of which we have not been in since Clay and Bulstrode.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Admin

Quote from: threedhomer on November 09, 2013, 05:30:41 PM
The fact is the owner is smarter than anyone on this forum, richer than anyone on this forum, and obviously a better businessman than anyone on this forum.  He bought the club as a luxury item, but guys like him are only wired one way, and that is to succeed.  

Oh come on. It's proven time, and time again that Businessmen can't just throw money at football and gain success. At the moment he's doing neither, and regardless of how smart you think Khan is, he still requires a good knowledge of the game, which at present he doesn't seem to have. 

win-dup

The fact is the owner is smarter than anyone on this forum, richer than anyone on this forum, and obviously a better businessman than anyone on this forum.  He bought the club as a luxury item, but guys like him are only wired one way, and that is to succeed. 

he may be richer than anyone on this forum but he knows less about football than anyone on this forum too.

Holders

I was thinking during the match - just how much worse does the team have to play and how deep in the mire do we have to get before Mr Khan takes action about the whole inept "management team".

Now, I'm a pretty loyal bloke and not given to making rash judgements but enough is enough. I didn't expect up to get anything out of this game but it was as if the players didn't even know each other. For the most part there was no fight, drive, enthusiasm or belief possibly due to the apparent complete absence of tactics, co-ordinated cooaching or credible game plan.

This was quite the worst I've seen Fulham play since we've been in the PL.

It's not as if we havn't got skilled and talented players - we have - the problem must unavoidably lie with the coaching. Berbatov is an extremely skilled footballer but should he be leading the line? Just what did he do today that looked remotely like a goal?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Matt Inglis

Quote from: Admin on November 09, 2013, 05:11:39 PM
we have a good squad that is seriously under achieving
This. Underachieving and underperforming.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Pluto

I raised this concern after the Southampton game and most people strongly disagreed or were just plain abusive. How the tables have turned.

Time will tell but I don't think Khan is the right man for the club. He isn't a footballing man, he doesn't understand the sport, he doesn't seem keen to invest and his other venture into owning a sports team has been a disaster. In the meantime, we're seeing more and more of the Jaguars around our club- their billboards, mascot and cheerleaders (not complaining about that one!) every home game, their shirts in our shop, their stuff all over our website, every press statement and interview from Khan mentioning our "special relationship" with them etc....We're becoming a marketing tool not a competitive football team.

Logicalman

Quote from: Admin on November 09, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

Oh come on. It's proven time, and time again that Businessmen can't just throw money at football and gain success. At the moment he's doing neither, and regardless of how smart you think Khan is, he still requires a good knowledge of the game, which at present he doesn't seem to have. 

I'm not certain that generalization can be truly defended. Looking at the present US ownership of BPL teams (and this is not a slur on US owners at all), I'm not certain that all those had the required knowledge of the beautiful game prior to spending the dosh. So what else could it be?

Arthur

This forum was in precisely the same mood after the defeat to Cardiff. Since then, we've actually taken 6 points from five games - not a run of form, but not disastrous either. If we take another 6 points from the next five games, I predict Jol will still be here, because, all the while he can achieve this, that is good enough to keep us up. The Club will then dispense with his services when his contract expires and appoint the best manager it can attract from the widest field available. If we can 'buy' a talented manager who's under contract now, all well and good, but it doesn't seem to happen very often in football so I assume it can't be that easy.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: Arthur on November 09, 2013, 06:31:16 PM
This forum was in precisely the same mood after the defeat to Cardiff. Since then, we've actually taken 6 points from five games - not a run of form, but not disastrous either. If we take another 6 points from the next five games, I predict Jol will still be here, because, all the while he can achieve this, that is good enough to keep us up. The Club will then dispense with his services when his contract expires and appoint the best manager it can attract from the widest field available. If we can 'buy' a talented manager who's under contract now, all well and good, but it doesn't seem to happen very often in football so I assume it can't be that easy.
What a horribly realistic thing to say. This will probably happen, and for now we will just have to bear it.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Joe blogs

:026:My hope is that the final straw will be the mortifying write ups in tomorrow's papers, if the supporters aren't persuading him surely to God the bad publicity might. His new toy is broken!
Tempted to write to Hodgson bet he knows someone who could do the job.