watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Just had the first half of a great day

Started by tjl, May 10, 2010, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjl

Today was the 65th anniversary of  liberation day on Sark, what a good time is being had and more to come. Started with a parade and march through the avenue and then an  open air service out side the church, a good service was ended by a band from the boys brigade leading us all off to the island hall for lunch. I was privileged to sit between two Chelsea pensioners and the only topic not raised was football, we had two bands playing after lunch and i had the privilege to meet some members of the Gurkha nice guys don't cross them. Well mrs tjl and i are having some food then trying out the rest of the evening. Sorry if you don't know my posts  i tend to go off on a tangent, all the best from the rock. The French cost is still visible

White Noise

Congrats on the anniversary tjl to you and your fellow rock clingers. We love tangents by the way.  :54:

I don't think I have ever thanked you for your posts from a little island but I always enjoy them. Its like reading the Captains log from a Mars mission - another world!!

Nice pic below -

Liberation of Sark, Channel Islands

Tim Cavvé is pictured at the age of two years in his father's arms how is stood on the top right of the photograph. They are greeting the first of the British troops who are liberating the Island of Sark at the end of World War 2. Sark was occupied on June 30, 1940 and was liberated May 10, 1945.

Ps - I know what you mean about the Gurkha's. I worked in a bank in Woking when I was 17 and some plank had left a load of dummy paper money in the cashpoint machine from a test and the first we knew about it was when the Gurkha's came in because they had taken it out of the hole in the wall and tried to spend it. Not great English but very persuasive!  I had never seen my prunt of a manager move so fast!! :dft010:

finnster01

I may be very wrong, but aren't we still officially in war over the channel isles?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Quote from: finnster01 on May 10, 2010, 04:38:26 PM
I may be very wrong, but aren't we still officially in war over the channel isles?

Who with - the French?  :001:

finnster01

Quote from: White Noise on May 10, 2010, 04:50:23 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on May 10, 2010, 04:38:26 PM

Who with - the French?  :001:
I reckon that would be it and the most logical, but I am not sure and may have just dreamed this up. But I am pretty sure there is an argument of some kind still going on there. Mr tjl should know.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

tjl

Not long back in from a great party not to sure whose house i ended up at, lost mrs tjl and my cycle along the way, mrs tjl is home i wish it was my cycle then i would not have to walk to work today. I am not to sure about the war situation but will enquire later in the day.