News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This appointment was not what most of us wanted, right?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, November 14, 2013, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

The appointment of Rene ( cant help thinking of 'Allo 'Allo! ) may be the answer we were searching for but it is a bit strange.

If Jol is not to be sacked, yet! the next best thing is to bring in someone who has been given enough authority to change things for the better.
The club are not going to revel the finer details of this arrangement but RM has had to be tempted with big promises and salary, As for Jol, we can't be that hard up not to pay off him and his cronies surely.  

If he succeeds we are happy ish and he takes over when Jol's contract ends OR he fails and Jol takes the blame and Rene takes full control to start a fresh.

All seems a bit of a mess to me

grandad

Most of us wanted some sign of intent from the club that they wanted to do something positive about our present situation. As the transfer window is closed all they could do is appoint one of the best coaches that money could buy to try & do something with the rag tag group of players at our disposal. I don´t understand how it can be said that it was not what most of us wanted.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Id rather have a good no 2 then a pish no 1 like Di Matteo

LordNelson

Results, Results, Results.  The proof will be in the pudding.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: grandad on November 14, 2013, 12:12:02 PM
Most of us wanted some sign of intent from the club that they wanted to do something positive about our present situation. As the transfer window is closed all they could do is appoint one of the best coaches that money could buy to try & do something with the rag tag group of players at our disposal. I don´t understand how it can be said that it was not what most of us wanted.
:plus one:

Rudolph

Lighthouse

But this appointment was talked about some time ago. It is not a sudden reaction to our present problems. I doubt it will help in any way. However we can but see how our team react. It is not just the results we should be looking at. But the intention to actually try and attack other teams without exposing ourselves at the back.

Not since Jimmy Dunne have we been so exposed (one for the kids)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2013, 12:54:45 PM
But this appointment was talked about some time ago. It is not a sudden reaction to our present problems. I doubt it will help in any way. However we can but see how our team react. It is not just the results we should be looking at. But the intention to actually try and attack other teams without exposing ourselves at the back.

What was wrong with Dunne? I was young, but at the time really liked Dunne and Matthewson! I think they played at the same time although my meory isn't what it was!

Rupert

Clive Walker?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Peabody

Nothing wrong with what Jimmy Dunne did (except for hitting Alan Mullery) but he was unfortunate because Bobby Moore came in and he lost his place

Lighthouse

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 14, 2013, 01:10:27 PM

What was wrong with Dunne? I was young, but at the time really liked Dunne and Matthewson! I think they played at the same time although my meory isn't what it was!

Sorry it was my pathetic attempt at humour. Dunne was a good player but on one occasion while adjusting his shorts he was accused by some fans of exposing himslef. Made the news but as Rudolph points out not in the same way as Clive Walker.

valdeingruo

Out of left field, unexpected, even after the speculation. Most of us thought he was of to Qatar, so its good to see some proof of behind the scenes action. While I cant say I am pleased at Jol still being the manager, Rene could mean the difference to our season, so in that I am glad.

I think we suffer from technology influencing football, we have 24/7 coverage and can find out any football related question at a click, if something doesnt happen or we are told instantly by the club whats happening, people go into panic mode. Its doubly the case with Fulham, we hardly ever announce a deal until there is a small level of dust on it, can we get news from other sources? Yes, but there has only been one time in recent memory where we have announced a signing and or news that turned out to be false.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

F(f)CUK

I spoke to a friend today who is a Man U season ticket holder.  He was unaware that Rene had joined us, but considers the loss of him and Phelan as the main contributory factor to Man U's poor (by their comparison) start to the season.  He holds Rene in high regard.  I think that we should start with that viewpoint and give the new management pairing a chance.

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Sorry it was my pathetic attempt at humour. Dunne was a good player but on one occasion while adjusting his shorts he was accused by some fans of exposing himslef. Made the news but as Rudolph points out not in the same way as Clive Walker.

Rudolph? RUDOLPH?

Sir, instruct your seconds, this is intollerable and can not be allowed to stand.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rudolph

Quote from: Rupert on November 14, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Rudolph? RUDOLPH?

Sir, instruct your seconds, this is intollerable and can not be allowed to stand.

You called?

Harold Shand

Most fans (If they are honest) were underwhelmed when Hodgson got the job.

SimpleTactics

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rudolph on November 14, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
Quote from: Rupert on November 14, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Rudolph? RUDOLPH?

You called?

Sorry I meant of course Herbert who was a pale girl in the upper third. For it was she who first reminded me of the times we had on the park bench. Sorry, nurse is here with those sleeping drafts that causes wind. My apology to all those trapped in this web of intrigue.

MasterHaynes

He was a lynchpin of the Div 3 promotion team(still wrankles can't say Champions), a defensive midfield player who regularly chipped in with Goals.

jms

Quote from: SimpleTactics on November 14, 2013, 04:56:27 PM
but we haven't appointed a new manager

Of course we have appointed a manager.........in a very .....dare I say it.....'Fulhamish way'......