News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This appointment was not what most of us wanted, right?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, November 14, 2013, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 16, 2013, 12:06:53 AM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on November 15, 2013, 08:55:51 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2013, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 14, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 14, 2013, 12:54:45 PM
But this appointment was talked about some time ago. It is not a sudden reaction to our present problems. I doubt it will help in any way. However we can but see how our team react. It is not just the results we should be looking at. But the intention to actually try and attack other teams without exposing ourselves at the back.

Not since Jimmy Dunne have we been so exposed (one for the kids)
What was wrong with Dunne? I was young, but at the time really liked Dunne and Matthewson! I think they played at the same time although my meory isn't what it was!

Sorry it was my pathetic attempt at humour. Dunne was a good player but on one occasion while adjusting his shorts he was accused by some fans of exposing himslef. Made the news but as Rudolph points out not in the same way as Clive Walker.

I think JD pulled his pants down during an away game against Sunderland
We were losing the game, Jimmy was rather upset so decided to make his protest against their fans in a rather unusual way
Pretty sure he was fined afterwards

Thanks, I thought I had imagined the whole thing.

It was a bit of a storm in a teacup aggravated by the away fans. He became known as Flasher Dunne after that. He got very embarassed having to talk to the tribunal/court or whatever it was about the finer points of athletic support and why it might need adjusting during physical exercise to accommodate the various bits
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ross_bamping

If we see an improvement in performances, but not necessarily results, the results will eventually come. If there is no improvement, Jol will be sacked, and Meulensteen can implement all his ideas. Doesn't need a change of role, many teams highest role is a Head Coach. 4/6 games are at home, and realistically, we need to get 9 points from those 6 games, otherwise we will be in the relegation zone come Christmas, a very tough place to be.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.