watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele wants to leave Spurs - merged threads

Started by KingstonWhite, November 17, 2013, 07:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Say both Fulham and Dembele wanted to make this move happen, there is no way in hell Levy would sell him for less than £20 million.

simplyfulham

How about a straight swap, Ruiz for Dembele?   :dft011: 086.gif 093.gif :yay:

Pluto

Only Spurs could be stupid enough to freeze out a player of Dembele's quality.

Saying that, there is absolutely zero chance of him ever returning to us so nothing for us to worry ourselves about.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 18, 2013, 06:23:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 18, 2013, 04:11:58 PM
I think Hughes was desperate for him, I think it was our main man Roy who quoted about not being keen on him at the time and said he was wrong or something along those lines. Can't find the report I read. Maybe wrong though.

In Michael Calvin's book 'the nowhere men'. Their is a story about Barry Simmonds our chief scout taking Roy over to Holland to watch Dembele play. Dembele was playing on the wing (Simmonds had seen him play centrally) and Roy was not impressed and implied that Simmonds had basically wasted his time. Roy called him to apologise and tell him he was right about him later on though.

I've also heard Roy went to watch Bryan Ruiz play when he was starring for Genk in Belgium and didn't fancy him either.

Cheers for that! Knew I read it somewhere!

FFC1987

Quote from: EJL on November 18, 2013, 07:35:22 PM
Say both Fulham and Dembele wanted to make this move happen, there is no way in hell Levy would sell him for less than £20 million.

Then give them 20m.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 20, 2013, 09:21:13 AM

Then give them 20m.

Sorry but he's not worth that, or indeed £15 million to us. For a bigger club sure, they spend that all the time, but for a club our size that person needs to score goals. £10 million and yes I'd love him back.

EJL

Then give them 20m.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Aaron

Quote from: The Moose on November 20, 2013, 09:42:32 AM

Then give them 20m.

Sorry but he's not worth that, or indeed £15 million to us. For a bigger club sure, they spend that all the time, but for a club our size that person needs to score goals. £10 million and yes I'd love him back.

We have two of the greatest goalscorers in the Premier League (albeit past their sell by dates) in our current team and neither of them can score because we don't have a Dembele.

You could take Alan Shearer and Ruud Van Nistelrooy in their primes, put them in our team and they wouldn't score either.

We don't need someone who scores goals, we need someone who can make goals.

EJL

Quote from: Aaron on November 20, 2013, 10:20:59 AM

Then give them 20m.

We have two of the greatest goalscorers in the Premier League (albeit past their sell by dates) in our current team and neither of them can score because we don't have a Dembele.

You could take Alan Shearer and Ruud Van Nistelrooy in their primes, put them in our team and they wouldn't score either.

We don't need someone who scores goals, we need someone who can make goals.
It's more of a case of having two previously consistent Premier League goalscorers who can't perform unless the system they play in caters to their needs 100%.

grandad

Quote from: premFlem on November 18, 2013, 03:01:36 PM
Quote from: grandad on November 18, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
Not many of our ex players have gone on to bigger & better times. I can only think of Alan Mullery, Bobby Robson & Alan Clark. Louis Saha was plagued by injury.
Steve Finnan  Tony Gale SuperMac

Still no more than a dozen over 60 years.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

He's worth 20m to us alone when he boosts us up the table and keeps that tv money churning up. I'd be happy if we only ever spent 20m and that was to bring him back.

We won't so this is a pointless discussion ha!

FFC1987

Then give them 20m.

I don't understand this mentality. We have two proven goalscorers (albeit passed there best) but still, proven goalscorers who are struggling with lack of service. It's no fluke the likes of Dembele and McCarthy have millions on there price tag when they such an intricate part to a team being successful in the modern game. Goals mean nothing with what that man contributes to our team and im surprised after how much we have missed him since he went, this isnt a foregone conclusion.

Craven Mad

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 20, 2013, 10:42:46 AM
He's worth 20m to us alone when he boosts us up the table and keeps that tv money churning up. I'd be happy if we only ever spent 20m and that was to bring him back.

We won't so this is a pointless discussion ha!

I've got to agree with both of your above points. Currently we NEED a player like Dembele. Yes, he should have got us more goals (particularly considering his history as a CF), but he drags the line forward, forcing through the centre of the pitch, and creating space by drawing players to him. His contribution is so much more than goals.

However, it's not a question of value, the club WONT spend £20m on Dembele, but I can see them (if they got a nod) putting in a cheeky bid. It would be similar for when Spurs re-bought Robbie Keane off Liverpool (keeping 8mil in return)..

The prodigal son must return.

The Enclosurite

Do they still owe us money for him?  We could maybe wipe that out to negotiate a 'discount' of sorts.

Would love to see him back but really can't see it happening.
¡COYW!

cmg

It is a truth not universally acknowledged that £20million footballers tend to cost a sum of money not unadjacent to £20million.

...however, what you get is not necessarilly what you thought you saw. Can it possibly be true that Santi Cazzorla cost £4million LESS than Stewart Downing?

Logicalman

Quote from: premFlem on November 18, 2013, 03:01:36 PM
Quote from: grandad on November 18, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
Not many of our ex players have gone on to bigger & better times. I can only think of Alan Mullery, Bobby Robson & Alan Clark. Louis Saha was plagued by injury.
Steve Finnan  Tony Gale SuperMac

VDS?

Classic94

It. Won't. Happen. I hate to say it, but he's too good for us. Even if he did want to come back, we could never afford the fee.

ron

Quote from: cmg on November 20, 2013, 01:46:47 PM
It is a truth not universally acknowledged that £20million footballers tend to cost a sum of money not unadjacent to £20million.

...however, what you get is not necessarilly what you thought you saw. Can it possibly be true that Santi Cazzorla cost £4million LESS than Stewart Downing?

If, in transfer currency, £10m  = Ru1  (i.e 1 Ruiz)

Ru2 = 1 Dembele.

Discuss.

FFC1987

Quote from: ron on November 20, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

Ru2 = 1 Dembele.

Discuss.

To be fair, a transfer is merely what one club is willing to pay the other for that asset's services. If this is the case, Moussa is invaluable to us.

Logicalman

Quote from: ron on November 20, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

Ru2 = 1 Dembele.

Discuss.

.. ah, but you left out inflation see....