News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham screamer, who remembers this goal!

Started by Konchesky #3, November 19, 2013, 11:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: Konchesky #3 on November 19, 2013, 11:15:51 AM
Paul Konchesky - goal of the month winner - V West Ham

I miss the days of P. Konchesky and J. Paintsil!

The sad thing was that when Konch was here, he was slated for being error prone and all the rest of it....up against the options we have now, he doesn't seem too bad...

the nutflush

That Fulham team would beat our current team about 6-0. 

rusty shackleford

We lost that game anyway didnt we?

I seem to remember they scored very early, might have been a paintsil OG?

Northern Cottager

Konchesky #3

Quote from: ron on November 19, 2013, 11:59:53 AM
Quote from: Konchesky #3 on November 19, 2013, 11:15:51 AM
Paul Konchesky - goal of the month winner - V West Ham

I miss the days of P. Konchesky and J. Paintsil!

The sad thing was that when Konch was here, he was slated for being error prone and all the rest of it....up against the options we have now, he doesn't seem too bad...

+1 - Totally agree!

I have always has great respect for Konchesky (and Paintsil). He had a great work rate, true he was error prone, but a really dedicated player. Looking at Riise and Richardson, Konchesky would probably be my choice over the two now. However I would happily take Reiter over Paintsil, the right back we have now is as good as any!

HatterDon

Konch was vastly overrated when he was here. He sank like a stone when he left us. My personal Konch moment was when we dropped two points at home against Derby County because he decided he didn't want to play anymore that day and got himself sent off.

Salcido was a significant upgrade. Richardson isn't a bad LB. If he were in a scheme that allowed him to drive to the dead ball line and cross, he'd be quite good, but this slow down/back check/move to the middle/pass back system we've been using the last 2+ seasons stifles his play.

Of who we have on the books now, I'd take Briggs in a more open and attacking system. In order to get a more attacking and less stagnant system, though, we need to change much more than a LB.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Airfix

EJL

Southcoastffc

fp.gif
Quote from: the nutflush on November 19, 2013, 12:08:36 PM
That Fulham team would beat our current team about 6-0.  
But I think we lost that game 3-1 fp.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

PLB

Quote from: HatterDon on November 19, 2013, 01:21:09 PM
Salcido was a significant upgrade.

That's not how I remember it! He had a really decent first few games with us(remember one particular cross for a goal that was in his really early days with us), then tailed off to being pony.
I can't quite remember, was it homesickness, coupled with his house being burgled, that made him want to return to Mexico? Something like that anyway.

Chesh

Konch was vastly overrated when he was here. He sank like a stone when he left us. My personal Konch moment was when we dropped two points at home against Derby County because he decided he didn't want to play anymore that day and got himself sent off.
Salcido was a significant upgrade. Richardson isn't a bad LB. If he were in a scheme that allowed him to drive to the dead ball line and cross, he'd be quite good, but this slow down/back check/move to the middle/pass back system we've been using the last 2+ seasons stifles his play.

Would agree with most of that, except for the Salcido bit. He was always out of position, and was a bit of a liability as a defender. Not bad going forward, but woeful as a Premier League left back imo.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Konchesky #3

Quote from: EJL on November 19, 2013, 01:45:03 PM
Goal of the month, wasn't it?

It was, another FFC moment to be proud of :)

COYW!!

cottage cheese

Best thing about this goal is Zamora's reaction. Im pretty sure the words "f*** me" can be lip read.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: PLB on November 19, 2013, 01:49:32 PM
Salcido was a significant upgrade.

That's not how I remember it! He had a really decent first few games with us(remember one particular cross for a goal that was in his really early days with us), then tailed off to being pony.
I can't quite remember, was it homesickness, coupled with his house being burgled, that made him want to return to Mexico? Something like that anyway.

That cross was for Dempsey vs blackburn if i remember correctly!

I liked Salcido

chiefo

Best thing about it he celebrated. Not this "mustn't do against my old club".

Admin

7 hours and 55 minutes since Fulham had found the back of the net, sound familiar?

Burt

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 19, 2013, 12:09:36 PM

We did, 1-3 if I remember correctly, and there was a Paintsil own goal in there somewhere. We didn't play at all well, and Konch's goal was out of the blue. What a goal though.

I actually thought Konch was under-rated. Sure he wasn't spectacular, and of course he got skinned once or twice in a match, but for the most part he was pretty solid.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Burt on November 19, 2013, 08:16:30 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 19, 2013, 12:09:36 PM

We did, 1-3 if I remember correctly, and there was a Paintsil own goal in there somewhere. We didn't play at all well, and Konch's goal was out of the blue. What a goal though.

I actually thought Konch was under-rated. Sure he wasn't spectacular, and of course he got skinned once or twice in a match, but for the most part he was pretty solid.

think carlton cole got a couple