watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In some ways, You have to admire it

Started by BedsFFC, November 23, 2013, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

A club punches above it's weight, then becomes a model for how to run a smaller club in the premiership and reaches a European final. 13 years in the top flight and then employs a new mgr, who manages to undo all that in less than a year and then turn them into a type of championship club who get's promoted and then makes a load of obvious mistakes that takes them down in the first year. I mean, across the whole board, you have to admire the complete incompetence.

I genuinely believe, had I been managing the club, I could have done it better. That's not me being bigheaded, just a reflection of how unbelievably bad the last 2 years have been.

A club like Fulham should not be playing a player like Bent. That's just not what we do. That's what a Hull does or a Crystal Palace. A club like Fulham should have a scouting network that should be miles ahead of most in premiership.

It's like we are being run by a bloke playing football manager or whatever the game is called....I know, I'll loan Darren Bent, he used to be good. How is playing Bent alongside Berbatov ever going to work?

I'm sorry to swear but it's just a FFing shambles

I don't get it.. I bleed FFC but I just don't care when we lose now. I now expect to lose at home and we don't disappoint.

I have a season ticket for me and my son and I just don't bother going anymore. I don't even bother selling the seats.

I don't know, maybe we should go down. Maybe being a top Championship club is better but can we even do that.

I havent watched MOTD in about a FFing year.

I want this bloke out of my club

alexbishop

You feel exactly how I feel. I no longer care if we lose too. I am completely numb to it.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

jarv

Many of us feel the same. I switched off when we went a goal down. The performance was so poor, there was no way back. There never is.

Lighthouse

Well the problem is that we could all see this coming from way back last season and before. So it is not even boring anymore. Fulham are awful to watch, nothing changes, we bring in a coach and hope that he can change things. But really we all know that the Championship will be where we belong and the club can all talk about being self sustaining and be happy.

A great shame as we were a few players awAy from being really a top 7 side even. Now we are a bunch of old blokes managed by a man who had lost his way long ago.

So many people to blame. So many people covering for themselves. So let's all move on. I used to bleed FFC. I used to feel depressed about struggling in the lower divisions. Now I am all out of blood. Hey we will be self sustaining and nobody will bother to watch us anymore. Great plan Fulham. I do admire it. Just don't like it anymore.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

jols excuses part 101
"Darren Bent could have scored a hat-trick and we should have been up but it didn't happen and the own goal we scored was tough on us as we could have been up at half-time.
"If you don't score, you can't win games. They had players missing and we had the chance to beat them. You have to take the opportunities in this league and we didn't.
"All the hard work we've done in the last two weeks we haven't built on today. I want the fans to realise that Swansea are a good team and we were unfortunate. A win would have put us above them and it was close. What a load of bowlocks he talks :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

Jamie88

Quote from: epsomraver on November 23, 2013, 06:25:49 PM
jols excuses part 101
"Darren Bent could have scored a hat-trick and we should have been up but it didn't happen and the own goal we scored was tough on us as we could have been up at half-time.
"If you don't score, you can't win games. They had players missing and we had the chance to beat them. You have to take the opportunities in this league and we didn't.
"All the hard work we've done in the last two weeks we haven't built on today. I want the fans to realise that Swansea are a good team and we were unfortunate. A win would have put us above them and it was close. What a load of bowlocks he talks :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

He wants us to realise that Swansea are a good team? Oh how nice of him. We know nothing us fans..it's not as if we can tell he's a useless manager and tactician either. What a guy.

Classic94

He's an incompetent little ****. I am so incredibly angry right now. He hangs over the club like a bad smell as we slide to defeat after defeat, and then has the cheek to question the supporters!? It's really never his fault is it??? Every team is 'too good' - who can we expect to beat? Hey Martin, how about you discover some bottle and do the honourable thing before it's too late!!!

Equally frustrating is the board's refusal to give him the boot. His position has been untenable for a very long time, and Muelensteen's appointment has only glossed over the cracks. I can see a Blackburn situation developing soon... he has no backing from the supporters, yet his job seems unassailable???

alfie

I am certainly not a Jol lover, but lets be a little fair and give some of the blame/responsibility to the players, they are ones between the white lines, and yes i know the buck stops with Jol, we are not a better team than Swansea and i don't think we ever will be with this group of players, they quite simply are not good enough. I could not believe some people around me complaining that the new coach has not turned us around, blimey the bloke comes in when half the squad are away on international duties and has only had a couple of days with the full squad.

I do find it amusing listening to some supporters when Parker scored that great opportunist strike no credit came Jol's way and yet when Swansea score it is all Jol's fault. Nothing is fair in love and war.

Finally i really really hate it when i read so called supporters on here saying the don't care if we loose, i don't expect anyone to be happy far from it, but to say you don't care is just wrong.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BedsFFC

Quote from: alfie on November 23, 2013, 06:58:46 PM
I am certainly not a Jol lover, but lets be a little fair and give some of the blame/responsibility to the players, they are ones between the white lines, and yes i know the buck stops with Jol, we are not a better team than Swansea and i don't think we ever will be with this group of players, they quite simply are not good enough. I could not believe some people around me complaining that the new coach has not turned us around, blimey the bloke comes in when half the squad are away on international duties and has only had a couple of days with the full squad.

I do find it amusing listening to some supporters when Parker scored that great opportunist strike no credit came Jol's way and yet when Swansea score it is all Jol's fault. Nothing is fair in love and war.

Finally i really really hate it when i read so called supporters on here saying the don't care if we loose, i don't expect anyone to be happy far from it, but to say you don't care is just wrong.

Alfie, mate. Genuinly, I've watched us when we were probably the worst we have ever been and I've followed us all over the country when we were verging on non league. I've been suicidal losing under Branfoot but there is something about this Jol team that is something new. My son and I have season tickets. we didn't go today. He didn't even watch the stream.
I don't know what Jo has done. Maybe he is a Doctor Who baddy?

premFlem

Our club is being doomed to wander the wilderness of the lower leagues ...why? 
because the powers that be havent got the b****  to sack Jol.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

keith

I agree with Bedsffc. I used to think that the 68/69 was the worst team, but I think that this current side beats them for poor man management

the nutflush

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 23, 2013, 06:29:01 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on November 23, 2013, 06:25:49 PM
jols excuses part 101

He wants us to realise that Swansea are a good team? Oh how nice of him. We know nothing us fans..it's not as if we can tell he's a useless manager and tactician either. What a guy.

Lol we were unfortunate?  We were pathetic just like we have been for a year and a half.  And whats even more pathetic is that Jol is still here to deliver these post match pearls of wisdom.

Fulham Tup North

fp.gif I feel as depressed as most of you, but come on fellow Fulham fans, lets look at the positives!!!
....... Oh, Bugger..... 096.gig

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HatterDon

I have been taught to believe

a. that we are going to be outshot 2-1 most HOME matches
b. that we are going to concede at every dead ball situation in our third
c. that any player who feature pace and offensive instinct will get little or no pitch time
d. that our team plays without passion or leadership
e. that nothing will change in time to keep us from being relegated.

I'm becoming uncomfortably numb.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

My friends, what has happened to Parker?  He played far better for Spurs.  What has happened to Taarabt?  His play since joining Fulham (when he gets to play) is less productive.  What has happened to Berbatov?  One of the finest players in the EPL, and he comes to Fulham under Jol and scores some goals his first year, only to see his production fall off to next to nothing this, his second, season.  Why?  Bryan Ruiz is a bona fide STAR in Costa Rica, and he proved his worth in another league.  Lots of goals and assists.  And then he comes to Fulham under Martin Jol and looks like a guy swimming against the current.  Why?  What happened to Hughes?  Riether brought some fresh air to the club, and stirring play at first.  But his performance and impact has slid and slipped with every game this year.  Then he stomps a skinny 18 year old.  Why?  I could go on, but it will only depress me even more.  Something really weird is going on.  And to my mind, the constant is Jol.  It's like he sucks the life, the quality, out of the players.  Here, put this suit on; it's a size 52.  But, I'm a 48.  Yes, well, I want to see you wear a 52 from now on...

Beating Swansea was our best hope in the short run to pick up some desperately needed points.  And again he blames the players.  Bent should have scored three times?  What?!!