more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A broken man right now

Started by Admin, November 24, 2013, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

premFlem

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 24, 2013, 05:51:03 PM
before anyone says i should support my club, its been taken from me, I just want my club back, until Jol has gone I'm not going to another game I don't know how else I can make the "management" understand unless its withdrawal of my financial support, its the only thing they'll understand?

+1
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

filham

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on November 24, 2013, 05:35:27 PM
the OP is wrong.  Bent was the top of the attack, hence we lost.  The guy is not clinical enough, period.  Berba would have scored. So i say try Dembele on top, and Berba behind.  Or Berba on top and Kasami behind him.  Jol was right in his interview on MOTD, the loss is because Bent missed 4 chances on his own, and in the fifth could not chip a simple pass to wide open Berba who had an OPEN goal.
Yes, Bent should have stuck in a couple of goals , he now joins Ruiz and Berbatov as star attackers who are just not performing for us.
Make no mistake though we were outplayed for most of the game, Swansea seemed to spend most of the second half buzzing around our box.

Our players are trying but are just not up to it, bring in a new manager and he will have a devil of a job to get anything better out of the present players. A new manager given a good transfer budget for the January window will have to produce a bigger miracle than Woy's Great Escape.

Berserker

At this rate I could soon be the lone Mod at games, bit like the Lone Ranger, if only I could have Johnny Depp as Tonto by my side my angish over Jol would all be forgotton  075.gif
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Oakeshott

Admin

I quite agree with you, and your word "poison" is absolutely spot on for Jol.

I THINK it is the case that, at long last, no one here supports him, and those of us who could see him sowing the seeds of our current problems almost from day 1 (with his handling of the players and palpable lack of system and discipline) are no longer a (sometimes strongly criticised) minority.

Our current situation - not dissimilar to those of certain other clubs over the last year or two - underlines how insignificant we supporters are in the scheme of things. The TV money makes our contribution to the finances much less important than in earlier times, and as we have seen with Cardiff, Leicester and now Hull, owners seem happy to make changes to things we supporters hold dear, like the clubs' names and colours, without any apparent consideration of the views of folk who have often supported the clubs for ten, twenty or more years (nearly 60 in my case).

Like several others who have contributed to this thread, I certainly won't be going to the Cottage again until Jol is merely a bad memory.

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
I am up here in Scarborough and was chatting to a guy recently who travels down for EVERY home match :(  Imagine how he feels!
It seems a bit pointless bitching about the Manager / Board, as they clearly do not give a toss about the fans.  It is our club and it is being ruined around us by people who do not care one iota what we think and what can we do to stop it?  N'owt.
Coming on here to rant and rave helps a little to release those frustrations, but nothing will change.  Clearly Mr Mackintosh is just happy to take his money and laugh at the fact that whatever happens, he can run the club as he (and Khan) see's fit, regardless of those who have put their football supporting lives & souls into it.
The 'Grown -Ups' at the club are killing us and there is nothing we can do.  Fan power disappeared with the SKY money.
So in the words of Mr Mackintosh, if he had the bulloxs to address the fans, "Shut up and put up with it".
At least we are not going like Blackburn Rovers or QPArse, who spent £millions and went down.  We are doing it on the cheap!
There, I feel a little better now!!!! :wine: 082.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif :wine:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Neil D

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 24, 2013, 03:55:25 PM

Some of you close to me know that I have taken to following my amateur club Hampton FC, more this season, eschewing Craven Cottage and Fulham and the dire football for the lower league experience and finding solace in realising that I hadn't fallen out of love with football, just with the brand of football of Fulham's last premier league manager.
I was at Chesham United yesterday along with 360 others.  We won 4-1 and we are riding high at the top of the Calor Southern Premier league and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Honest guys making an honest living (and winning too but there is much more to it than that).  When Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 everyone of their players came from a 30 mile radius of Glasgow.  Where has all that gone?

Twig

My wife and I have lived in Dubai for the last three years and for year 1 we kept our season tickets just in the hope and anticipation of seeing a game or two and good friends and other long term supporters in adjacent seats.  A luxury but one that reflected my love of the club.
Those other long term supporters are gone and I don't love this cub anymore; the aweful Jol, the spineless management team and the pennypinching owners have sucked it dry.  
We seem to be in terminal decline and I fear for Fulham FC.  I suspect the motives of the new owner and see little hope of a turnaround.
This is the worst I have felt about the club since the days of bloody Cabra Estates and those b'stard leeches.
:012:

David Allen Crankshaw

I used to wonder why people would think that watching Fulham could be a chore but I now go to home matches just hoping that we can possibly avoid losing. I never miss any home matches and travelling back to Manchester after every match can be pretty depressing especially in the winter. For the midweek match with Tottenham I've booked a hotel room and when you add the cost train fares on top it's an awful lot of money to spend. It's very difficult to feel optimistic at the moment.

bill taylors apprentice

Some of the posts here have said they believe the players are trying, I would say it depends on your interpretation of the word "trying."

At the moment running around in a disorganised way when we haven't got the ball trying to defend is matched by the lack of clever movement when we have the ball.

Using speed of thought and an eye for a pass etc takes a physical toll as well, that I suggest is really "trying"

One Martin Thomas

epsomraver

The main difference between the performance recently and under Roy was you can see the hesitation of the man on the ball, he is looking for the pass not sure where or who is is supposed to pass to, under Roy they got the ball and almost without looking up they knew where the pass was going and to who, that is the difference, we had a team then, now we have 10 individuals who do not gel at all.

Riversider

Maybe , just maybe, us the Fulham supporters , are to nice, sure we Boo at the final whistle, and we certainly can moan on message boards, but so what ? None of that is going to grab anyone's attention is it !
A £10 , plain white King size sheet, with "Jol Out " painted on it and held aloft in The Hammersmith End by a half a dozen people , would have a far greater impact , and would be picked up immediately by the press/media,
Or what would it take to get 30, let alone 100 or more, irate fans to gather at The Cottage Gates at the final whistle to make their feelings known,are their not 30 irate fans out there prepared to give 10 minutes of their time for the club they love ? I'm guessing not !
So we can basically accept the situation and stop moaning OR we can start to do something about it !

And I'm a fan that is proud to say he went on the pitch in the 80's to demonstrate against Fulham Park Rangers, those days are long gone of course, but here in 2013 with a new breed of supporter I just don't see the appetite to let the owner and the manager know how we all feel, and it's that feeling that's pis*ing me off most of all with the current malaise !

Jack Fulham

I got baited into buying a ticket by dad for not supporting Fulham through the thick and thin this week. I can't support the club when I can't see a plan or effort the pitch. We're going backwards and will continue to do so with Jol in charge. I think if we get relegated, he will probably say we were lucky to be in the prem as long as were and should be grateful. Man is an absolute tool. Right now I can only see Palace and Sunderland getting better. 20th place here we come...

Scrumpy

It's bloody tough at the moment and I think it's easier to pretend it ain't happening sometimes. Getting involved, caring, in fact any kind of emotional investment is just too damn painful at the moment. We all share in the pain and hats off to anyone that travels for 2hrs+ to the home games.

What makes it worse is that, having just made the coaching change, we're just going to have to give it at least another 3 or 4 weeks before we can decide that whether it hasn't worked.  fp.gif

Sod it!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

Yes it's tough but we all have to man up for the next few weeks. That  does not kill us makes us stronger. Into the breach and all that, what, what
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Texas White

Its all so sad. Miserable what jol has done to our team.

Cravenawin

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on November 24, 2013, 05:35:11 PM
So, you left after going 1-0 down AT HOME vs SWANSEA?!? We had all the time in the world to come back from there and we did.
No we didn't, we still lost

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Riversider on November 24, 2013, 08:48:00 PM
Maybe , just maybe, us the Fulham supporters , are to nice, sure we Boo at the final whistle, and we certainly can moan on message boards, but so what ? None of that is going to grab anyone's attention is it !
A £10 , plain white King size sheet, with "Jol Out " painted on it and held aloft in The Hammersmith End by a half a dozen people , would have a far greater impact , and would be picked up immediately by the press/media,
Or what would it take to get 30, let alone 100 or more, irate fans to gather at The Cottage Gates at the final whistle to make their feelings known,are their not 30 irate fans out there prepared to give 10 minutes of their time for the club they love ? I'm guessing not !
So we can basically accept the situation and stop moaning OR we can start to do something about it !
And I'm a fan that is proud to say he went on the pitch in the 80's to demonstrate against Fulham Park Rangers, those days are long gone of course, but here in 2013 with a new breed of supporter I just don't see the appetite to let the owner and the manager know how we all feel, and it's that feeling that's pis*ing me off most of all with the current malaise !

As you are in the Riverside  why don't you lower a Super King Size  down over the dug out
....making sure you cover the last man standing
Then I won't have to watch The Berk collapsing in a heap when the opposition scores

Bedford White

Reading all these posts reaffirms exactly how I feel. Watching Fulham used to be the highlight of my week, a chance to get away from my rather mundane ordinary life for a short while and indulge my passion.

But now it's become simply a joyless experience. I've paid a grand just to end up feeling like siht week in, week out, I feel like an utter mug.  fp.gif

Rupert

"As I walked up past the tennis courts, I heard a half-hearted cheer, I knew we'd scored"

Really?

Half-hearted?

I heard a roar. While it shouldn't take anything away from the rest of your post, I'm afraid it does, for me. You heard a half-hearted cheer, after a goal like that? Wow!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.