Dempsey     Taarbat 
Davies     Dejagah 
Kamara     Ruiz 
John     Rodallega 
McBride  Berbatov 
Healy  Bent 

EDIT: Sorry about the layout

Lighthouse

Sanchez failed but tried to talk up and improve the squad and team.

Jol constantly tells us that nobody could do better as the players would be the same. He seems to have very little idea or confidence in the players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Legate21

Brian McBride led from the front, with pure passion and determination. There's not an ounce of passion in Berbatov, Ruiz and Bent.

General

Davies, dempsey, murphy, Bullard, Volz, niemi and Keller? They weren't that bad and had more guts and fight about them than most if not all of the current team.

filham

Well I would grab Volz, Hughes, Murphy, Bullard, Dempsey, Davies and McBride and put them straight into the team against West Ham without any hesitation.

McBride of course stands head and shoulders above either Bent, Berbatov or Ruiz and would make such a difference to the team.

Northern Cottager

I really thought Bent would come here knowing his career was on the line and determined to set the league alight but he's done next to nothing.

BishopsParkFantastic

Well proven - we are worse than 2007-8....until this thread, I hadn't realised. The character and passion shown by the 1st team players in the 2007-8 squad was way ahead of anything displayed by our current players, (except Kasami, Parkers, Steks, Riether..). They, at least comprised a football team!

God The Mechanic

How does that team compared to the rest of the division then, and this team compared to the rest of the division now measure up?

If that makes sense... it's Monday!

SKSW6

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 25, 2013, 12:08:59 PM
How does that team compared to the rest of the division then, and this team compared to the rest of the division now measure up?

Was going to say this. The league seems much more competitive now than it was back then.

MJG

It makes sense, actually the 3 bottom teams at this stage in that season had less pts.
Does that mean it was harder back then or easier now because more pts are shared around?

Admin

We are fast becoming last season's QPR.

We've got the quality, no doubt about that, but we've got a manager that can't motivate or tactically manage the squad.

Under Sanchez, we just had a generally poor squad, with a poor manager that knew nothing other than long ball football.

As a unit, we're not clicking, we haven't done for months, a couple of seasons in fact.

Players like Berbatov, Ruiz, Taarabt, Bent are not Fulham players. They don't play as unit and until they do, which won't ever happen, I can't see things improving.

All the time Jol is in charged at Fulham, he will continue play and pick these players so, it's a double edged sword in my eyes.

Either he goes, or we get relegated.

It's not difficult to work out, but for some reason the club think otherwise.

Baszab

The league is faster this year - we are not fit enough - the current squad of players can not compete with fast/high-pressing tactics of so called "inferior" sides -- like Cardiff

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on November 25, 2013, 12:17:02 PM
Does that mean it was harder back then or easier now because more pts are shared around?

That's the million dollar question in comparing any league (be it the same one at different times, or different ones at the same time)  For example, is La Liga better cos the top teams are so far adrift of the rest but the rest so close together, or is the Premier League better cos there is less of a difference between the top and the rest (except for a few terribads)?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Legate21 on November 25, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Brian McBride led from the front, with pure passion and determination. There's not an ounce of passion in Berbatov, Ruiz and Bent.

Brian McBride was injured from August - February
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 25, 2013, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: Legate21 on November 25, 2013, 10:14:24 AM

Brian McBride was injured from August - February

I'm guessing he didn't smile during that period, serious solidarity!

MJG

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 25, 2013, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 25, 2013, 12:17:02 PM

That's the million dollar question in comparing any league (be it the same one at different times, or different ones at the same time)  For example, is La Liga better cos the top teams are so far adrift of the rest but the rest so close together, or is the Premier League better cos there is less of a difference between the top and the rest (except for a few terribads)?
Also Derby only got 11 pts that season and were really poor...oh look who did they get 2 draws with

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on November 25, 2013, 12:39:56 PM
Also Derby only got 11 pts that season and were really poor/shite...oh look who did they get 2 draws with

That Derby team really was one for the ages, not hitting double figures would have been pretty crushing.  Fulham Football Charity strikes yet again!

BishopsParkFantastic

Boy, how I would like  McBride, Davies, Bullard and Murphy in our team now - as they were then, they would  have measured up in any era...

Ordar

Have to say regarding Sanchez, we were incredibly unlucky at the start of that season with some terrible refereeing decisions (penalty against Arsenal, Goal not given against Boro etc), and McBride's freak injury. Up until that Derby home game I thought that we would turn things around. Sanchez at least had tactics, and bought personnel to fit the system. If Kamara had worked out, and Baird wasnt destroyed at RB against Villa things could have been different.

With Jol, I have absolutely no faith that things will be turned around. The performances pretty much since that abysmal QPR away game have been terrible. We've had less shots, and allowed more shots than any other side. Our home form has totally disintegrated.

At the current moment I've resigned myself to relegation. Unless Jol (and Berbatov+Ruiz) leave then there is only one outcome