watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We can make top 4

Started by Tempest, November 30, 2013, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

75 points still to play for, could probably win the league with 85 points let alone reach top 4, so, plenty of time and points to play for.

The frustrating thing is, we're good enough for top 10, we have quality players, we have talented young players, we need to focus on this season only, get a coach in now until the end of the season, £5m bonus for keeping us up, £100,000 week until then, if not more, welcome Guus Hiddink, the man is a genius but also a mercenary, so we're a small club, pay him enough and he will come, get the best out of what we have, keep us up. Then thank you very much, goodbye and rebuild with the RIGHT  management team.

This team, with the right guidance will stay up, Berba, Ruiz, Adel, Bent, all good players under the right coach, being played in the right positions with the right instructions it will actually be a breeze to stay up. The relegations places are decided over 38 games, not the next 5 games.

But we need to invest in the short term with Hiddink or someone of similar stature, personality and someone the players will respect.

If anyone says Big Ron Atkinson fits the bill they ought to be punished by having to buy a pint for everyone at the Spurs game.

Live in Falmouth!

ron

That's it, sorted then.

What shall we talk about now?

Adi-ffc

Can't agree with this at all. All four players you mentioned as our 'good players' have proven themselves as liabilities time and again with the exception of Taarabt, who is surely not the answer. Many of the others are too old and looked geriatric next to swansea the other day.

We might need to go down to sort this mess out really. A clearout is a must now, with emphasis on youth and maybe a season or two in the championship to pave the way. Ideally we somehow stay up and do all of that of course, but with this little fight in the team it is a tough ask.

Humbled

of the 4 mentioned what evidence makes Bent and Taarabt a liability?
I see plenty of Ruiz and Berba last season and this to form opinion of them but I cant of the other 2...
from what I have read of Taarabt he is a liability however from what I have seen on the pitch he seems a very good talent.
when I was younger there was a lot of stuff going round re Andy Cole but when I had the chance to play with him I see little of the issues people spoke/wrote of!!!

bobby01

Quote from: ron on November 30, 2013, 08:36:27 PM
That's it, sorted then.

064.gif
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Adi-ffc

I don't think bent is good enough, just my opinion. He doesn't do enough in the games and has a big ego to boot. He'll score the odd goal but there are so many better strikers than him in the premier league. I quite like Taarabt but he is so mercurial that it would seem foolish to me to build a team round him.

Bent couldn't get into a poor villa side and Taarabt wasn't exactly mourned by QPHa when he came here.

Basically, we're stuffed.

Tempest

Really?? Bent doing what he does,  scoring goals, a manager getting the best out of Berba, Ruiz, Adel and others and we're stuffed??  064.gif

Our first 11, on form and performing can challenge anyone in this league we just need someone to Captain the good ship Fulham and guide us away from relegation.
Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

That's it, sorted then.

RON, don't see the point of your reply? If a thread doesn't interest you then maybe don't bother making snide comment?

If you feel my idea of getting a high profile, highly respected manager in who can come in on a short term basis, lets face it, we can't afford him long term, is wrong, feel free to disagree but maybe it might be nice to say, disagree and like a grown up pass on your own thoughts/ideas? Or  just bypass the thread and move on to one you feel you're capable of expressing an opinion on in a more positive manner?
Live in Falmouth!

ron

Quote from: Tempest on November 30, 2013, 10:45:51 PM

That's it, sorted then.

RON, don't see the point of your reply? If a thread doesn't interest you then maybe don't bother making snide comment?

If you feel my idea of getting a high profile, highly respected manager in who can come in on a short term basis, lets face it, we can't afford him long term, is wrong, feel free to disagree but maybe it might be nice to say, disagree and like a grown up pass on your own thoughts/ideas? Or  just bypass the thread and move on to one you feel you're capable of expressing an opinion on in a more positive manner?

Well, for a start, you assert that we are good enough for the top ten. With respect, I have just watched the highlights on MOTD  and I thought that it stood out like a sore thumb that we are prime relegation material by the quality of our defending.

Secondly, you suggest that the new management could be prepared to lavish huge sums on an interim "fixer",

Thirdly, you suggest that the new appointee should be a short term appointment, opening the way for a chancer to come in and take us for a good few quid, leave us relegated and walk off with a fortune,

Fourth, you assume Hiddink is available,

Fifth, without mentioning names, you assume the "right management team" will be available at the end of this season, ready to take on the newly rescued Fulham....

Sixth, you list some players who you state are "good enough" to keep us up. The jury may still be out on a good few of these names,  

but  .....

I agree about Ron Atkinson. I don't think he is part of the solution.

You list the way ahead as if it is as easy as the instructions on a cup-a-soup. The point I am making is that reality is much more complex. I think I summed that up rather well in a couple of lines.

Adi-ffc

ok ok, i've been done by a WUM. just to rub salt into a long unhappy trip home. cheers mate.

just in case you aren't, how many games have you been to this season tempest? we've been turd since march you know..