watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players turn!!!

Started by JBH, December 01, 2013, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

We have rightly hammered Jol on here but now its time to get stuck in to the players! The are just as culpable as the management and need to be brought to task because they are not just failing the manager they are failing us too!! :031:  :028:

Jags

The reason they're failing is down to the direction of the management team. Playing in situations that they've put in by Jol & his backroom team. Bar the likes of Berbatov & Ruiz who seem to think its okay to just get a pay cheque every week the rest are at least trying.

Just look at Sunderland, under new management, a new approach & a gameplan they're now starting to look like a team.

Jol & his back room are the main culprits here & after seeing the Jol interview after the game I'm in no doubt that even he knows the end is here. Making a comment that they look good in training says it all & once again not even a shot on target against a team just as poor as us.

TonyGilroy

which is the reason that a new manager is by no means the end of our troubles.

A new manager has to quickly identify which players he can trust, find a system they can play in and replace the deadwood which is probably more than half the squad.

I think we're comprehensively fukced and already the task must be to put together a potential promotion team for next season which means promoting those kids who have not just the talent but the personality, confidence and ambition to cope. If we have any of those.

Herbie

I agree with the sentiment that players must take some of the responsibility for the poor form.  However, I disagree with getting stuck into them at a time when confidence is low.  That is a recipe for disaster as it will only perpetuate the low confidence and poor form.

We can do our bit by getting behind the team.  Think back to the Great Escape and the way that the Cottage rocked during the important games, like against Birmingham.  That's all we can do.

TonyGilroy

It took Hodgson three months to turn things round and we barely survived even then. I think things are currently much worse than they were when Sanchez was sacked.

Berserker

Do we get behind them once we get a new manager, I'm finding  it very difficult to motivate myself to do that at the present time. It's so depressing going to matches week after week where we play badly and lose. I personally don't think we have a premier league standard squad. Our team hasn't just been ruined my Jol, it's the club as a whole, he is a manager that can't cope with what the club has done over the last three years, they have under invested and he was the wrong manager to deal with that.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Herbie

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 01, 2013, 09:03:45 AM

It took Hodgson three months to turn things round and we barely survived even then. I think things are currently much worse than they were when Sanchez was sacked.

Totally agree.  

ffc73

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 01, 2013, 09:03:45 AM

Agree that it feels worse now than the end of the Sanchez period but I think Rene has started the process

There is, I think, conflict between Rene and Jol over certain positions, e.g Boateng & Sidwell

The substitutions in the last 2-weeks seem, to me, have weakened the setup rather than improved it & I wonder who is making those calls.

Some of the players we have are just not good enough and I don't find any positives from getting stuck into them.  Pulis has already publicly said he needs new players at Palace.  Hardly inspiring those he has.

I do not recall Hodgson ever saying that about the group of players he inherited and I would prefer that we support and give confidence to the players that we have to try to inspire them to perform better.  I know that I am finding it very difficult to do this but berating the team is not constructive

ffc73

Quote from: Berserker on December 01, 2013, 09:06:53 AM
Do we get behind them once we get a new manager, I'm finding  it very difficult to motivate myself to do that at the present time. It's so depressing going to matches week after week where we play badly and lose. I personally don't think we have a premier league standard squad. Our team hasn't just been ruined my Jol, it's the club as a whole, he is a manager that can't cope with what the club has done over the last three years, they have under invested and he was the wrong manager to deal with that.

Totally agree

Someone had to manage the team during this period and for me Hughes saw a glimpse of what was coming and walked (ok he may have thought he would get the Villa job but the more I look back the more I see that as a pivotal moment for the club).

I thought Jol was the right man for the job.  Clearly he is not.  But I am not sure who would have been either

the nutflush

Get the cheque book out Mr Khan.  And get Guus Hiddink on the phone.  Its time to push the big red button in the middle of your console.  

Bedford White

You could liken Fulham to certain high end department store on the Brompton Rd. We have a number of luxury goods in stock but in reality they're not worth their price. The rest of the stock is a bit old and a bit tired, there a couple of real gems but these will inevitably be bought and not replaced.

However should the store fail is it entirely the stocks fault? Or does the blame lie with the management who brought the stock in and set the shop out?

I believe that the majority of the squad are of high enough quality for this league. There are a couple of exceptions but I'm not going to pick on individuals, it's a team game after all.

Collectively the team are disorganised and lack belief in what they're doing and perhaps in each other but most certainly they lack belief in their manager.

It's time to get Mary Portas in!!!

Tempest

I agree, I made this point recently and it didn't go down well, if it was just a confidence thing then absolutely give the players some breathing space, however, confidence has nothing to do with a lack of effort, lack of professional pride, we should make CC a hostile atmosphere for all, the players, management team, Khan and Spurs.

The longer Khan stays quiet the more pressure we should put on him, does anyone know why he bought Fulham? WHat his long terms plans are? After this length of time, the fans should be aware of his intentions. The club is sadly rotten from the top down to the first team.

Thankfully the U21, U18 etc are keeping things a little positive, however, they are of course not developing as quickly due to the lack of first team opportunities.
Live in Falmouth!

Herbie

Quote from: Tempest on December 01, 2013, 09:48:53 AM
we should make CC a hostile atmosphere for all, the players, management team, Khan and Spurs.

What is the logic behind this? How will that help the players?  I think the board, and anyone else for that matter, are fully aware of the predicament that we are in.  The results speak for themselves.

I'm sorry but creating a hostile atmosphere helps nobody.

epsomraver

Have you listened to Jol? can you imagine him explaining what the tactics are going to be? The term double dutch cannot be more apt!!!  He has created 10 individual players instead of a team. they have no guidance, point in turn, "Go out and run around!" He has winged it for years by having teams who by some miracle have managed to get results, the bubble has burst, his ability to manage and coach a team have been exposed at last and Fulham are paying for it.

JBH

Quote from: Herbie on December 01, 2013, 09:01:21 AM
I agree with the sentiment that players must take some of the responsibility for the poor form.  However, I disagree with getting stuck into them at a time when confidence is low.  That is a recipe for disaster as it will only perpetuate the low confidence and poor form.

We can do our bit by getting behind the team.  Think back to the Great Escape and the way that the Cottage rocked during the important games, like against Birmingham.  That's all we can do.

All very well but during the great escape we had players with guts and determination not a bunch if softies like we have now!

epsomraver

Bring some of the youngsters through, they will be up for it, a chance to show what they can do.

Herbie

I don't disagree with you, JBH, we desperately need some fight from the players, but my point is that creating a hostile atmosphere towards the players is not the way to encourage that.

the nutflush

Quote from: JBH on December 01, 2013, 10:09:07 AM
Quote from: Herbie on December 01, 2013, 09:01:21 AM

All very well but during the great escape we had players with guts and determination not a bunch if softies like we have now!

Agree 110%.  Murphy, Dempsey, McBride, Konchesky, Davies, Bullard.  I would take all of these guys over our current rabble.  We've got Jol but we've got no soldiers.  We've got Jol but we've got no soldiers.

Fulham Tup North

:dead horse: Having a go at the players is pointless.  I know they are making very little effort and look like a bike with no pedals, but, please God, when the new manager gets here, at least half of them will be out on their ears.  They are just not good enough for the Premiership. A new manager will have to be a massive character who can not only suss out very quickly who the weak links are, but deal with those with huge ego's like Berba.
All this along with interference from the board, like Mac, who cannot keep his nose out and is mostly to blame for JOL still being here.
Who in their right mind would want this job & who is good enough to:
a) Keep us up
&
b) the fans would accept?

Names are very short and I cannot see anyone turning this nosedive into the Championship around.
I'm depressed..... :012:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Classic94

With 4 or 5 exceptions, this squad is an embarrassment to the shirt. The majority of them should be exiled from the 1st team for utter negligence. I'd much rather play the kids at this point.