more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jols pay off from ffc is 820k

Started by fulham traveller, December 02, 2013, 12:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulham traveller

the nutflush

If he had any conscience he would refund it to the club so they can put it towards a decent left back. 

HatterDon

Quote from: the nutflush on December 02, 2013, 12:29:17 AM
If he had any conscience he would refund it to the club so they can put it towards a decent left back. 

If you ever meet ANYONE who has voluntarily refunded compensation to his former owners upon being fired, then you must be in the same looney bin he is.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

Quote from: HatterDon on December 02, 2013, 12:43:00 AM

If you ever meet ANYONE who has voluntarily refunded compensation to his former owners upon being fired, then you must be in the same looney bin he is.

Haha, hatterdon speaks the truth... Also, in consideration for a manager these days that strikes me a not that much... I am though comparing it to those managers that I've heard of compensation packages, which mainly emanate from bigger clubs, but those sums normally go into the multiple millions.

westcliff white

Quote from: General on December 02, 2013, 01:07:33 AM

Haha, hatterdon speaks the truth... Also, in consideration for a manager these days that strikes me a not that much... I am though comparing it to those managers that I've heard of compensation packages, which mainly emanate from bigger clubs, but those sums normally go into the multiple millions.

You mean like AVB
Every day is a Fulham day

JDH101

Quote from: General on December 02, 2013, 01:07:33 AM

This isn't a sum that Khan plucked out of the air - Jol only has a few months left on his contract. Its tied to that number. If he had 3 years left on his deal it would have been a much higher fee. There is a reason MAF didn't have a manager on anything more than a 1 or two year rolling deal the last few years - he was clearly trying to flog the club. Sparky was right that we lacked ambition. At the time we did and I secretly agreed with him. Hopefully this has all changed now. Who knows.

Holders

It was pretty obvious that was what Jol has meant all along when asked if his job were safe and he said that it wasn't in his hands!

Resign and you forfeit the pay-off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Oakeshott

"we lacked ambition"

I think Hughes was wrong about that.

It is clear that in his early years as owner MAF thought anything was possible, as we rose through the leagues and especially as we had that marvellous year under Jean Tigana when we were promoted to the Premiership. Hence MAF's comment about becoming the Manchester United of the south.

But once in the Premiership MAF found the money required to make huge progress simply too much - largely because of the way things went at our neighbours where their owner, very much more wealthy than MAF, threw so much money at the business that players' prices and wages went through the roof. MAF could also see the consequences of "gambling", with the likes of Leeds and more recently Portsmouth, and fortunately for us became realistic about what was practicable. He did brilliantly to keep us in the Premiership for all these years without unsustainable levels of investment and, under Roy, we became a team making the jump from worried about relegation every year to expecting to finish mid-table. Sure we have never looked likely to make the Champions League - along with all but half a dozen of the other Premiership clubs - but we could be, and I was, proud of what our Club had achieved, had reasonable expectations of enjoying watching Premiership football season after season, and with the hope of a run in the second tier European competition and maybe getting to the final of one of the domestic competitions.

And, after a very iffy start, that situation looked set to continue under Hughes, who clearly left not because the Club hadn't the ambition to continue to sustain itself in the Premiership but because it hadn't the resources to feed Hughes' personal ambition, which was clearly to try to find a way of re-joining the really big league and showing the Manchester City owners what he could do.

Since he left us, on his own admission Hughes has had a reality check, failing at QPR and so far just about getting by at Stoke. He, and we, would have been better off had he stayed with us, and maybe if he had been able to maintain what Roy had achieved, and possibly bettered it by winning a cup he'd have had another chance of managing one of the very top Premiership sides. As it is he is currently worse off than if he had stayed with us, and will need to do very well at Stoke to be in contention for one of the big jobs.

As things stand, MAF left the Club in reasonable order, financially, and his only real error, football-wise, was appointing Jol. With the squad he inherited and the modest levels of investment that the Club can realistically make, any competent manager would have had no great difficulty keeping us ticking along playing consistent football and being a position 8 to 14 club, along with a number of other clubs in essentially our financial position.

Khan now has a real challenge. He has had to take a punt on someone everybody regards as a top coach, though the worry for me is that that reputation largely derives from being coach at the most successful Premiership club. Unlike with Chelsea and Manchester City, money isn't entirely unlimited at United, but it is clearly very much more available than at Fulham, and Rene has been working with players who, man for man, are much more talented than those we have or can realistically expect to have. Whether, like Roy, he can succeed with a combination of "ordinary" Premiership players (as I regard the likes of Hughes and Sidwell), top/almost top quality Premiership players getting towards the end of their careers (such as Danny was under Roy and Hughes and Scott Parker is currently), and unknown (to most of us) relatively cheap overseas players brought in (as with Roy's signing of Brede and Hughes' signing of Dembele) remains to be seen. But let's hope so, and obviously support him in that endeavour.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Cravenawin

Amazes me how people outside of the club actually know how much players etc are on. Nobody knows Jol got 820k payoff.

SKSW6

That's all of our January transfer budget gone then.

JBH

The amount is total speculation by the press and the real pay off figure will never be made public  :doh:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on December 02, 2013, 07:42:10 AM
Well written, Oakeshott

the plus one thingy. I am not so sure Hughes is that comfortable where he is though.

FC Silver Fox

820k?  That should make for a nice Christmas.  Peaceful one too with no worries.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

ron

Failure is the new success in Britain. Football, the financial sector, the utilities etc.  ...to get the real bonus payments abject failure in responsibilities is a requirement

Peabody

Just shows how much guesswork goes into this type of speculation. On Friday, it was claimed that it would cost £5m to get rid of MJ and now, it would appear that is costing less than a million, strange. However, what business is it of ours?. I honestly thought that most would have accepted any price to get rid of Jol, apparently I am wrong.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Peabody on December 02, 2013, 11:54:46 AM
Just shows how much guesswork goes into this type of speculation. On Friday, it was claimed that it would cost £5m to get rid of MJ and now, it would appear that is costing less than a million, strange. However, what business is it of ours?. I honestly thought that most would have accepted any price to get rid of Jol, apparently I am wrong.

That £5million could include the cost of replacements as well though.  The actual true cost of getting rid.