more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Assistant?

Started by mikeyffc28, December 02, 2013, 10:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Love it  :54:
and Kit gets a say  coooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!

PokerMatt

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 02, 2013, 01:25:01 PM
...blimey that was quick, either Rene is a bloody fast mover or this was all planned some time ago...

Yep.. got the be the latter hasn't it?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

God The Mechanic

I thought Billy McKinlay was pretty highly thought of?

grandad

All good news, especially Kit who I really rate.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cmg

Jonathan Hill?

That's not Jonathan M. Hill is it?
I sincerely hope not. Although it might add to our shooting power and would certainly strengthen the right wing.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 02, 2013, 01:25:01 PM
...blimey that was quick, either Rene is a bloody fast mover or this was all planned some time ago...

Not really.

Hill's a mate, Symons is at the club and he obviously doesn't rate McKinlay.

I think the plan was for Muelensteen to work with Jol but his position became untenable because of the increasingly toxic relationship with the supporters who weren't appeased by Rene's appointment.

And that was because we saw two abject performances in winnable games.

westcliff white

How long is Renes contract with the club? if he was bought in to assist MJ, then maybe it would have expired at the same time (i.e. end of this season). if that's the case it would only be short term appointments or the current back room will stay, which may not be a good thing as Rene was bought in to make the team better.

If he has a longer contract now, then it is logical to assume that some or all of the back room will leave. I would think he would stick with someone he knows as his right hand man, maybe Mike Phelan, but he has said he wants to manage. I cant see Solksjaer coming as an assistant, Scholes turned down united to have a year off, and Phil Neville wont leave Moyes in my opinion.

SO other than Phelan who else left United? Eric Steele he has gone to Derby, but the must be some others who left. Will be interesting to see who comes in (if anyone) as it will indicate maybe a longer term plan.
Every day is a Fulham day

west kowloon white

Apart from being a mate ,has anyone got any knowledge of Hill and his ability or otherwise?nPleased to see Symons recognised.

Tonywa

interesting statement from the club on Talk Sport emphasising that Rene is not taking over directly as manager from Jol, but assumes the title of Head Coach.  Is this the club keeping its options open opt is it merely a change of title?

west kowloon white

Thought he had been head coach for last few weeks.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Tonywa on December 02, 2013, 02:12:12 PM
interesting statement from the club on Talk Sport emphasising that Rene is not taking over directly as manager from Jol, but assumes the title of Head Coach.  Is this the club keeping its options open opt is it merely a change of title?

I guess it leaves the option for him to carry on as Steve Clarke is head coach at West Brom, for us to bring in a "manager" as was the case when Rene was coach under Alex Ferguson or maybe we're going the European Director of Football role.

Personally, I felt Jol might have been appointed to that (DoF) role at the end of the season. His best assets are managing to bring in good players, he just cannot coach them. Obviously he won't now, but the door is open for an appointment of that kind.
Follow me: @mattdjourno