watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Assistant?

Started by mikeyffc28, December 02, 2013, 10:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyffc28

Now Rene is in the hotseat, what about getting Danny Murphy in as his assistant.  He has bucket loads of experience, and knowledge of the club and some of the players he has worked with during his time at the club. He would help to organise the midfield and more importantly has the experience from the great escape to be able to mentor the current team and try to focus them whilst increasing their confidence and belief.   

The Equalizer

Not a bad shout to get him to the club in some capacity. I'd probably have Kit Symons step up to the AM role though.

Or get Ray Lew back.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Craven Mad

I'd love to have Danny back at the club. I think he'd take the job, instantly. His wife is always going on about the club on Twitter, and how desperate Danny is to get into managing..

Plus, he has first-hand knowledge of how to keep Fulham in the prem - need I remind!

mikeyffc28

:54: and Craven Mad, as your avatar shows, he has spilt his blood for us -how many of the current bunch would be prepared to do that. Make it happen Mr  051 we need someone with Danny's passion for the club to get involved.

PokerMatt

Would be brilliant to see Danny back, whether as #2 or coach.

The players so obviously respected him as a captain and it would be the same as an assistant.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Rene probably does not know Danny from Adam why would he choose him as assistant ???

grandad

I think he will ask Old Red Nose to be his No. 2. He has no job at the moment.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

Quote from: KCat on December 02, 2013, 11:02:55 AM
Rene probably does not know Danny from Adam why would he choose him as assistant ???

I agree, but what I would say is that Rene (excluding a BRIEF spell at Anzi) has never managed before, so has not got a "standard" back room that follows him. Therefore, he needs to choose a new back room (assuming he doesn't keep Jols). Thus, he has a choice to make: choose a proven bloke with heaps of experience (no ideas..), someone he knows from Utd that understands the prem (I'm thinking a Neville, Scholes, or Solskjaer??), or someone who knows the club and would ease the fans (like Danny).

It's just speculation, but I'm sure that Rene will want a strong tactician to backup his coaching and give him steer as a new manager.. The last thing he'll want is to tarnish his managerial career with a relegation in his first "proper" year as a manager..

grandad

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 02, 2013, 11:20:02 AM
Quote from: KCat on December 02, 2013, 11:02:55 AM

I agree, but what I would say is that Rene (excluding a BRIEF spell at Anzi) has never managed before, so has not got a "standard" back room that follows him. Therefore, he needs to choose a new back room (assuming he doesn't keep Jols). Thus, he has a choice to make: choose a proven bloke with heaps of experience (no ideas..), someone he knows from Utd that understands the prem (I'm thinking a Neville, Scholes, or Solskjaer??), or someone who knows the club and would ease the fans (like Danny).

It's just speculation, but I'm sure that Rene will want a strong tactician to backup his coaching and give him steer as a new manager.. The last thing he'll want is to tarnish his managerial career with a relegation in his first "proper" year as a manager..

I think those 3 ex Utd players should be brought in as player coaches. Even now they are better than any of our current squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Craven Mad ..................................then it would be Mike Phelan

bog

Danny Murphy please.

092.gif

Fernhurst

Confusion remains this morning regarding Rene's actual job role.

According to Sky Sports News it took several phone calls to Fulham hierarchy before they confirmed he is still HEAD COACH at present.
Perhaps Gus Hiddink is boarding a plane?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 02, 2013, 11:48:06 AM
Confusion remains this morning regarding Rene's actual job role.

According to Sky Sports News it took several phone calls to Fulham hierarchy before they confirmed he is still HEAD COACH at present.
Perhaps Gus Hiddink is boarding a plane?

You're right, Rene's (at time of posting) still registered as Head Coach, on the club website.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/staff/rene-meulensteen

And the club statement only noted that "Rene Meulensteen will run First Team duties" - not that he's the new manager..

A twist in the tale to come, perhaps??

Rudolph

Quote from: KCat on December 02, 2013, 11:32:13 AM
Craven Mad ..................................then it would be Mike Phelan

I am with you on this one. Would be a superb addition.

Hoppus

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on December 02, 2013, 10:03:52 AM
Now Rene is in the hotseat, what about getting Danny Murphy in as his assistant.  He has bucket loads of experience, and knowledge of the club and some of the players he has worked with during his time at the club. He would help to organise the midfield and more importantly has the experience from the great escape to be able to mentor the current team and try to focus them whilst increasing their confidence and belief.   

Jonathan Hill is the new coach, link only in Norwegian sorry:

http://www.itromso.no/sport/article8723493.ece

ron

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 02, 2013, 10:05:11 AM

Or get Ray Lew back.

Indeed ! His departure was the real loss.

Baider

Fulham Football Club would like to welcome Jonathan Hill, appointed as First Team Coach to work with Rene Meulensteen.

Jonathan Hill worked at Manchester United for 10 years as Academy Youth Coach prior to joining the Jordanian Football Association as Technical Director of Football in 2009 where he was responsible for all of the National Youth Teams from Under-8s to Under-20s. More recently, Jonathan has coached at both Manchester City and Tromso FC.

The Club can also confirm that Development Team Manager Kit Symons will also be assisting with First Team training, alongside his responsibilities for the Under-21 Team.

Michael Lindeman, Billy McKinlay and Cornelis Jol have left the Club and we would like to thank them for their service and wish them well for the future.

Fernhurst

WOW ...... A real flavour of Man U and quite exciting.....

Good shout promoting Kit ..... "Come on son sort that defence out".

Rene really is the top man now and despite all his protesting. These arrangements have been put in place very quickly hmmm.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

God The Mechanic

If he decides to replace Jol's backroom staff with United's from last year things could turn out quite well :p

LBNo11

...blimey that was quick, either Rene is a bloody fast mover or this was all planned some time ago...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC