News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we more positive about the next 10 games now that Jol has gone???

Started by Fulham76, December 02, 2013, 01:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

I just think this year is our year for the drop. A lot of teams get comfortable in the Premier League after a number of years and then get found out.

Changes will be made but I think we lack fighting spirit. With Sanchez they were still trying to do a job and you could see, with a little extra, survival was possible. Now I get the impression too many are just drawing a big wage at the end of their careers. Not enough battlers.

bucksfulham

Quote from: RaySmith on December 03, 2013, 09:57:06 AM
Bent has scored two crucial, real striker's, goals, when he hasn't started many games and is obviously rusty after so long out, and was v unlucky against Swansea, and if one of those had gone in  that could have made a lot of difference to us.

Richardson is generally doing a good job, and has tried  his best, I think, in a position which isn't his best position, and  with the lack of cover that the Fulham defence has had.
I agree. The full backs have had no cover or an out ball because we've been playing without any width. FFS let's play with winger(s) and give some of the youngsters a chance. Surely they can't do any worse.

Buffalo76

nose

Quote from: Alternative on December 03, 2013, 11:19:43 AM
I just think this year is our year for the drop. A lot of teams get comfortable in the Premier League after a number of years and then get found out.

Changes will be made but I think we lack fighting spirit. With Sanchez they were still trying to do a job and you could see, with a little extra, survival was possible. Now I get the impression too many are just drawing a big wage at the end of their careers. Not enough battlers.

I am always being critisised for being 'negative.
There is plenty of time, a new manager will hopefully breath a biot of life especially if he brings in a few more hungry players. dropping berba, if he isn't doing it, and ruiz, who never does do it, dropping richardson, a genuinely mega liability (watch replays of goals and see how often he is nowhere near where he is supposed to be) and bring in boeteng to stregthen the midfield... will all have an immediate positive effect. If we then learn to take free kicks in our own time, going forwards not back or sideways playing ourselves into trouble, these would all see us start to do better.

But you build from the back so we must become harder to play against and if we make mistakes, and we will, then we have to fight to win the ball back.

All these simple things the manager can do at zero cost. Plenty of games, don't be to pessimistic yet!

filham

Look we have looked awful in most games and generally have been thoroughly and easily beaten. A lot of our players are not up to standard, it will take more than a change in system or training methods to turn things around.
Some new players in key positions will be required in January and by then we could be beyond saving.

Remember Roy achieved the great escape by having Bullard and McBride return from injury and by signing Hangeland. Sure good management is needed but it will not produce results without good players, there are weaknesses in our team.

Loved to be proved wrong. Of course a draw against Spurs and a win over Villa would put an entirely new complexion on things.

The Rock

It feels like a lot comes down to Spurs. If we roll over and it's another bloodbath, I might cry because we will be toast until January at least.

I hope Rene can at least motivate all to give a respectable account of themselves even if we lose. it will be something to build on so one might actually to assign a chance in getting any points in the next 10 games.

jmh

Quote from: Berserker on December 03, 2013, 07:33:47 AM
I like Parker and Reither but I agree with you on the other two
I like them too, but I still think they're a bit overrated by some.

RaySmith

There's only so much two players can do - if they were all like that.....

Fulham76

I'm definately more positive after last nights performance. Big game on Sunday though bearing in mind after that we're away at Everton (which we always lose), and then home to Man City. Need that next win ASAP.

The Bronsons

The position we are in, we could play that well every game and still go down. But, yes, way way way way more positive. We have a chance now, which we didn't have before.

TonyGilroy

Last night was very encouraging but for me primarily because I now think that we have a manager who knows what he's doing.

We're 3 or 4 points behind a few teams who are pretty poor. There's plenty still to play for.

Count Berbatov

I'd be worried in the long run, if the oldies can sustain their energy level. Karagounis particularly. Without him, the team is not going to play as good as last night... Sidwell is not it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Last night the team played really well and we deserved a draw, the match was very exciting to watch as well.  I'm glad at the improvements, and pleased with the team and Rene,  but I'm feeling strangely depressed this morning as I think we still have little chance of avoiding relegation. We really do have to beat Villa Sunday  and that will be difficult on their current form. Sorry to be a killjoy but our run of loses and current lack of points/goals are too bad. I know I'll get hung on this forum for being negative this morning but it's the way I'm feeling today.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

Quote from: Berserker on December 05, 2013, 09:05:46 AM
Last night the team played really well and we deserved a draw, the match was very exciting to watch as well.  I'm glad at the improvements, and pleased with the team and Rene,  but I'm feeling strangely depressed this morning as I think we still have little chance of avoiding relegation. We really do have to beat Villa Sunday  and that will be difficult on their current form. Sorry to be a killjoy but our run of loses and current lack of points/goals are too bad. I know I'll get hung on this forum for being negative this morning but it's the way I'm feeling today.

Yes, very negative. But, being realistic, I think I agree with you unfortunately.

Buffalo76

Fulham76

JackyFulham90

So many games left we can easily turn our season around very unlucky not to win last night

K33NY

I think I will focus more about 1 and 1 game, Meulensteen and the lads need to rebuild and last match was a huge improvement, pick up points in the game we most need it to stay away from relegation, after that I will look further ahead ;)

Berserker

Quote from: K33NY on December 05, 2013, 11:23:02 AM
I think I will focus more about 1 and 1 game, Meulensteen and the lads need to rebuild and last match was a huge improvement, pick up points in the game we most need it to stay away from relegation, after that I will look further ahead ;)

That's what I'm doing, taking one game at a time, only way to keep sane.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.