A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who should lead the line for us

Started by ltd-ffc, December 03, 2013, 04:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who would you ideally have upfront for fulham?

Dimitar Berbatov
Darren Bent
Hugo Rodallega
Moussa Dembele
Other

Berserker

Berber for me in the right position with the right attitude. I'd prefer Rodders to Bent, like his enthusiasm
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jimpav

I'm hoping that Jols exit may give Berbatov a new lease of life. He was restricted by Jols odd tactics so perhaps he will be able to get more involved.

I'm not sure what Rene is like as a tactician but I imagine that there will be some input from the players.

Count Berbatov

I would think Rene is a lot like Sir Alex. He loves his wingers. Two in the middle. Open up spaces with the wingers. But you adjust the system to the players available, so could be one up front.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Max Headroom

I'm just confused and I don't know. It will change in January anyway!!!! It's difficult to know how the players will behave with the new management set up, so I reserve judgement. I just hope Rene gets it right!!!!

HatterDon

Jeez, what an impoverished group of "strikers."

I'd go with Hugo. He's not all that talented, but he'll do the work and stretch the defense. Since we got Berbatov up front, defenders don't have to do all that much work to defend us. A little pace and aggression will help a lot.

I'd like to get Woodrow or Trotta back to add a little bit of depth to the strike squad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Interesting that Bent is our worst choice.... Rodallega has impressed in the cup but he would be my impact sub. I would start with Dembele

Texas White

Quote from: grandad on December 03, 2013, 09:07:33 PM
Rotate 2 up front from Bent, Rodders & Dembele. To score we must play 4-4-2

Yes one player up front just does not work.

The Bronsons

For me the key question isn't who plays up front - because the main problem we have is getting the ball that far up the field in a meaningful way. (Punts don't count.) I'd play Dejagah on the right and drop Ruiz, and give Bent half a game each week and tell him to get into the box any chance he gets. If Briggs gets fit he'd be left-mid because he can get forward and get balls in. Or Kaca could be given another run-out.

Personally I would pick Bent up front, because I don't think he's had a fair crack yet as lone forward in a team that never attacks. Berba is our most skilful forward, but I think the untouchables need to be dropped as part of getting the squad back to reality.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Bronsons on December 04, 2013, 08:07:10 AM
For me the key question isn't who plays up front - because the main problem we have is getting the ball that far up the field in a meaningful way. (Punts don't count.) I'd play Dejagah on the right and drop Ruiz, and give Bent half a game each week and tell him to get into the box any chance he gets. If Briggs gets fit he'd be left-mid because he can get forward and get balls in. Or Kaca could be given another run-out.

Personally I would pick Bent up front, because I don't think he's had a fair crack yet as lone forward in a team that never attacks. Berba is our most skilful forward, but I think the untouchables need to be dropped as part of getting the squad back to reality.

Agree with your basic premise - strikers need service in order to function effectively.

And about Bent - he hasn't had a fair chance, but has still scored two exceptional, crucial Prem goals, and does a lot of unsung running to occupy defenders, though not much good at tackling back, which is a problem with all our strikers.

Berba is obviously our best player, with a proven goalscoring record for us - but can Rene sort out what's wrong with him mentally? If he feels confident in the setup and tactics, might be the key.He does have the ability to save us by scoring goals  frequently, as he did last season - who else can do this? Well, Bent has done in the past - why can't he do it again, given the right service. So we have two proven Prem goalscorers in the side.

Not sure about Hugo in the Prem, though you know you will get wholehearted effort all the time from him. Should he get a run in the team?

I would like to see Dembele given a chance to show what he can do. Maybe he will be our saviour - well, I can dream can't I?

Holders

I never thought I'd say this, but how I miss Zamora!

Did I really say that? Must be unwell....
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on December 04, 2013, 08:40:38 AM

Or the Pog!

F(f)CUK

The closeness of the vote and the number of people wanting a junior demonstrates how poor we have been in that position.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: RaySmith on December 04, 2013, 09:05:52 AM

Or the Pog!

Pog is gettable and is exactly what we need.

A big guy who puts himself about, has decent skill and puts away a reasonable percentage of chances.

cottage cheese

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 04, 2013, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on December 04, 2013, 09:05:52 AM

Or the Pog!

Pog is gettable and is exactly what we need.

A big guy who puts himself about, has decent skill and puts away a reasonable percentage of chances.

You are forgetting one key thing my friend. We don't create chances for our strikers...

TonyGilroy

Would help if the strikers weren't static. Chasing the ball is an option.

grandad

Apart from Dembele who is next season´s article none of the others have done the job expected of them, so someone from the window will have to be purchased. Shane Long for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cottage cheese

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 04, 2013, 12:15:42 PM

Gotta disagree with you there. The one saving grace for Bent is that he always is on the last defender ready to run in but the final ball is never delivered to him. He does run from side to side but he just hardly is given a killer pass.

Plus the last few games we have resorted to long ball which again is not Bents strength, I guarantee if we get a player like murphy in Bent and Hugo will be running lines all day long knowing they have a source.

FFC1987

Quote from: cottage cheese on December 04, 2013, 12:50:18 PM

Gotta disagree with you there. The one saving grace for Bent is that he always is on the last defender ready to run in but the final ball is never delivered to him. He does run from side to side but he just hardly is given a killer pass.

Plus the last few games we have resorted to long ball which again is not Bents strength, I guarantee if we get a player like murphy in Bent and Hugo will be running lines all day long knowing they have a source.

Bent has had service. He just hasn't been finishing. See Chelsea, Palace and Swansea games for service.

As for Bent working the lines, he simply isn't has effective as he used to be, maybe its fitness or game sharpness or just his age but hes losing his pace which used to be vital to him getting chances.

Maybe im being critical of Bent here but for a player who simply offers goals, he's not being clinical enough. 

cottage cheese

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 04, 2013, 12:55:51 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on December 04, 2013, 12:50:18 PM

Bent has had service. He just hasn't been finishing. See Chelsea, Palace and Swansea games for service.

As for Bent working the lines, he simply isn't has effective as he used to be, maybe its fitness or game sharpness or just his age but hes losing his pace which used to be vital to him getting chances.

Maybe im being critical of Bent here but for a player who simply offers goals, he's not being clinical enough. 

I think its more game sharpness and the fact he isnt really being used correctly with the long ball tactics recently.

Yes his finishing has been awful but really the whole team has underperformed this entire season (apart from Kasami). I say we should stick with him till Xmas and see if Rene can change the team dynamics and utilise Bent.

Dont forget he is the 3rd highest scorer in the league behind Rooney and Lampard average wise and thats not something you just lose and forget. Its all about confidence and ye maybe fitness but I still think hes the best out of a bad bunch

Lighthouse

Pace scares defences. Rodders AND Dembele to stretch defences. The midfield two would then not need to support the forwards so much leaving gaps to be exploited. The wide players could work as a support and drop back when needed. So Riise and Richardson say on the left and Reither and Dejargah on the right.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope