A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who should lead the line for us

Started by ltd-ffc, December 03, 2013, 04:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who would you ideally have upfront for fulham?

Dimitar Berbatov
Darren Bent
Hugo Rodallega
Moussa Dembele
Other

ltd-ffc

curiousity into who everybody thinks should play furthest up the pitch?

The way things are going I wouldnt have no qualms about giving moussa dembele his full debut after his amazing goal ratio in our younger teams.
Whats your opinion?
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Pluto

Hugo deserves his chance once fit. He played well in the cup and scored two before his unfortunate injury.

Julius Geezer

We need to stick with Bent.

Goals breed confidence in strikers.

We need to provide him with good service foremost.

MOR :

Kasami for me, give the man a go...

ffcbulgaria

Don't care how many people think Hugo is below Prem standard and has a poor first touch. We need an energetic player to move up front, do some running and open some spaces. This automatically excludes Bent and Berba.

JackyFulham90

Would be happy with Bent or Rodallega although Berbatov will be the one who starts upfront

filham

We desperately need to stop the rot and develop a new fighting spirit where every player shows a high work rate.

Rodders , if fit, is the best choice to start. Tempting to try Dembele but he should be introduced gradually. 

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

CanadianCottager

Quote from: mangoputney on December 03, 2013, 06:46:09 PM
Hugo or Ruiz
Why not both? They've generally played pretty well together when paired up in the past

Count Berbatov

Hope it's Berba with pacey wingers. You need him to hold the ball as everyone else will be back defending. Hugo will be useless. His first touch is nonexistent. Bent will stay up, so he'll get 5 touches. None in the area..
Come to your senses

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 03, 2013, 07:09:36 PM
Hope it's Berba with pacey wingers. You need him to hold the ball as everyone else will be back defending. Hugo will be useless. His first touch is nonexistent. Bent will stay up, so he'll get 5 touches. None in the area..
Come to your senses

The insistence on a striker to hold up possession was in part what I found slowed Jol's attacking system to a grind in his final period, especially since our midfield's ability to actually retain possession has been null. Wouldn't a striker more capable of getting in behind the defence be a better option until we can successfully construct a midfield capable of playing anything more complex than the counter?

epsomraver

Come to your senses

From the count

Which in turn makes me think he'll put the runners and get the players put more effort and desire. Not that Berbatov can't do his part, but I think he'll only get one chance or two and be replaced by someone like Rodallega. Who in fact I like and I think was treated unfairl

Make your mind u?? I personally had hoped Berba had followed Jol out the door, time will tell.

twang

Definitely Hugo. Not the most gifted player but he's strong and fairly quick, gives the defenders little time on the ball and challenge them in the air.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: epsomraver on December 03, 2013, 07:46:12 PM
Come to your senses

From the count

Which in turn makes me think he'll put the runners and get the players put more effort and desire. Not that Berbatov can't do his part, but I think he'll only get one chance or two and be replaced by someone like Rodallega. Who in fact I like and I think was treated unfairl

Make your mind u?? I personally had hoped Berba had followed Jol out the door, time will tell.
What I think will happen and what I hope are different things.
I hope Berba starts. I think it'll be Hugo

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

And without turning this into another Berba thread, why would you want a player like Berbatov out when a good manager can make the most use of him. There's so much more he can offer still. Rene isn't exactly friends with Dimi. If he's on the pitch under Rene, he's deserved it

Fulham_Surrey

cannot be Hugo.  Here is the reason.  We got no midfield that can keep possession. As such we rely on long balls. Rodallega gets easily nudged out of a play by defenders as he doesnt have the body to do it.  Can be Bent or Kasami or Berba but not Hugo or even Dembele.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

For me it's anyone but Bent. He's washed up.

I've been thinking lately it might be worth a try sticking Ruiz up top on his own with Kasami behind him. See how it goes.

Count Berbatov

I am too unsure of Bent. I know what Rodallega and Berbatov have to offer. I think Kasami would make a great CF

grandad

Rotate 2 up front from Bent, Rodders & Dembele. To score we must play 4-4-2
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

Berbatov, obviously.

One of the most talented people going, on his day.

The only trouble his days are few and far between. If Rene can fix things, fit him in, and motivate him, then we need him.

Last season his goals kept us up. This season his lack of goals will take us down. Whilst part of this is down to him, our tactical ineptitude under Jol was the more significant issue.