watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palace now on level points after beating Wet Spam

Started by Black, White and Fred, December 03, 2013, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Palace now only have 1 less goal and have played only 1 more game then us. Lose to Spurs by more than one and we drop down another spot, lose by one and we are having just as good a season as this years whipping boys.  :012:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

jarv

If Sunderland beat Chelsea, in deep doo doo, if we lose by more than one tomorrow. Last  place at xmas,?? Possible.  oh dear.

Berserker

I find it depressing that all the Pundits including Murph think we are going to go down. They seem to think Rene is a mistake/gamble. They haven't had to sit through nearly a year's worth of crap performances which have gradually got worst though, and as far as I'm concerned feel far too sorry for Martyn Jol. We will lose tomorrow night and am likely to go to the bottom but we couldn't have gone on as we were. I blame everybody
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Bronsons

Palace tonight is a reminder (as if we needed it) that we are in big trouble. Every side has shown more fight than us. And yes, a coach (however good) who hasn't got any credible managerial experience is a big gamble. Pulis is Pulis: you know what you're getting. Rene? Who knows?

But at least we shook the dice and have taken a gamble. Better that than the slow suicide note that was Jol.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

As Dr Phil says :
It's time to get out of the basement
Our year starts here

The only way is up

RaySmith

Should we have tried to get Pulis in? Even though i know he is anathema to many, and an ex Gillingham manager, but would he have instilled fighting spirit and organisation into  Fulham, like he seems to at Palace?

Rene is a gamble, but we just have to get behind the team - there was such a bad atmosphere around Jol, even he thought he was doomed, and confidence seemed to have drained away.

Now  the team should have a lift - a new start, and the fans will get behind them  now, i think - but not like the Palace fans get behind their team, I don't think, but we can still be very noisy and supportive on our day.

If you can possible get to the Cottage , get there, and shout and sing for the whole game.

west kowloon white

Desparate if Pullis is a missed opportunity to some!!!
Hope that those going to Spurs match  get behind the team like the Palace crowd.

Jimpav

We have had a run of very difficult matches though that we would have normally struggled against with any manager:

Southampton Away - write off
United home - write off
Liverpool away - write off
West Ham away - write off
Swansea - should have got a point but we lost last year as well

We are undoubtably in the brown stuff but if we can put in a performance against Spurs and beat Villa then we will back in the mix.

Our festive fixtures are also quite kind. If we get 7 points from those 4 matches there is hope.

Jol did his best to ruin our club but he has gone now and we have to have faith that there is enough in the tank to get is across the line.

Black, White and Fred

That's a great point, if it was a matter of guaranteed survival would people have taken Pulis and his rugby ways?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

RaySmith

Well, things seem to have become pretty desperate, though a win tomorrow will make a lot of difference to morale of teamand fans.

I was only asking the  question - what if we brought in Pulis  instead of Rene -even though I wouldn't  like to see him at Fulham, and its hard to imagine it, but why sneer at him if he can do a job, which he may well do at Palace by keeping them up.

But if we win tomorrow, or even draw with a good display, then we will all be hailing Rene.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: 1879 on December 03, 2013, 11:22:09 PM
That's a great point, if it was a matter of guaranteed survival would people have taken Pulis and his rugby ways?

Jol has just gone and you talk of Pulis ??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!
I cannot speak for others but there would be two season tickets in the post and I wouldn't bother with stamps

Chesh

Good result for us - keeps another of our main rivals (i.e. West Ham) from pulling away. The object is to finish 17th or above, and we need to finish above more than just Palace.

I can't believe there's people worrying about Palace pulling level with us, as if that's all that matters.

The more teams on 13 points after tomorrow night the better as far as I'm concerned.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

The Bronsons

I don't hate Pulis the way some do, but no, I think he and our squad would both find nothing to work with.

SKSW6

Categorically no to Pulis. The Gillingham thing alone should be enough. I'd much rather go down than lose our self-respect.

epsomraver

Quote from: KCat on December 03, 2013, 11:27:17 PM
Quote from: 1879 on December 03, 2013, 11:22:09 PM

Jol has just gone and you talk of Pulis ??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!
I cannot speak for others but there would be two season tickets in the post and I wouldn't bother with stamps
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

TonyGilroy

If we get to 40 points we'll be safe. Less than 35 and we won't. At this stage what other teams do isn't very relevant.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

We should worry about ourselves and not others. Palace dont have a big budget and arent attractive. They will still drop imo. Sunderland, us, Cardiff, Norwich, Stoke, Hull will slum it out.

Hughes isnt setting the world alight at Stoke...we have an unknown leader. It could actually swing any way. Either way, we have been woeful and im glad we have made a change regardless of what out outcome will be.

i think if we can get the confidence up and a couple wins we can stay up, it will be tight but not impossible.

grandad

I just don´t want the stigma of being in the bottom 3 at Xmas.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 04, 2013, 09:45:42 AM

If we get to 40 points we'll be safe. Less than 35 and we won't. At this stage what other teams do isn't very relevant.

Looking at our fixtures and being very optimistic I only got to 36 points. We would be lucky to get that and so our premiership status is unfortunately looking very unlikely.

Lets hope Fulhamish comes back and we stay up on the last day of the season sending stoke down!

Basil

Quote from: Chesh on December 03, 2013, 11:49:28 PM
Good result for us - keeps another of our main rivals (i.e. West Ham) from pulling away. The object is to finish 17th or above, and we need to finish above more than just Palace.

I can't believe there's people worrying about Palace pulling level with us, as if that's all that matters.

The more teams on 13 points after tomorrow night the better as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree.