News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a performance from Riise, Kaca, and Dejegah.

Started by horse1031, December 04, 2013, 10:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

Riise was up for it and Dejegah and Kaca put in a great shift.  Heartbreaking that we lose a game after being up and looking like we were going to keep a clean sheet.   Coincidence that Sidwell had come on and we give up 2 goals?  :hook: I dont think him and Parker can play together.

I WISH Kara was younger because him and Parker played really well together.  Having Berbatov up top worked great because he was an outlet and held the ball up perfectly.  Senderos and Hughes a pretty good game.  We are always in trouble if we defend so deep.  Unlucky though.

Great Performance all around.

PokerMatt

Quote from: horse1031 on December 04, 2013, 10:06:44 PM
Riise was up for it and Dejegah and Kaca put in a great shift.  Heartbreaking that we lose a game after being up and looking like we were going to keep a clean sheet.  Coincidence that Sidwell had come on and we give up 2 goals?  :hook: I dont think him and Parker can play together.  I WISH Kara was younger.

Yes, coincidence. The first was a freak and the second a worldy. Nothing anyone could have done about either.

(Except the lino could have made a brave call against Defoe...)
Follow me: @mattdjourno

supersimmo123

Riise was great all night, so glad he played, Kara is still fantastic. We lost out shape a bit when he went off. We have to beat Villa. It really is a must win game. Much more positive after that though! COYW!

Fulham Tup North

:plus one:  Gotta agree.  Much better effort.  Karagounis looked like a youngster!  Even Berba played well.  Nice to see players putting in a shift and actually passing to each other.  Must take some of those chances when they come our way though.
Better than I have seen for many months.  Well done Rene and the lads.
Bring on the Villa...... 049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

PokerMatt

Lloris is such an incredible goalkeeper and Spurs needed him today.

I don't think we can look at the table at the moment. There's 24 games left, which is 72 points. The table is irrelevant - if we keep this up we can climb it.

It hurts a lot the way we lost, but we will trouble a lot of teams and from what I can see I don't think Rene is the sort of man to play for a draw away from home.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Herbie

Hats off to Riise, he looked like he wanted to prove a point tonight and battle for that LB spot.

the nutflush

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 04, 2013, 10:34:51 PM
Lloris is such an incredible goalkeeper and Spurs needed him today.

I don't think we can look at the table at the moment. There's 24 games left, which is 72 points. The table is irrelevant - if we keep this up we can climb it.

It hurts a lot the way we lost, but we will trouble a lot of teams and from what I can see I don't think Rene is the sort of man to play for a draw away from home.

That was an absolute freak save of his from Ruiz's first touch of the game.  I thought it was in for sure.  Unbelieveable save.  We were very unlucky.  I have been sick of hearing Jol say that after our woeful performances but we really were unlucky not to get a point tonight.  If we show that sort of commitment and movement on and off the ball we will survive the drop.   See Martin, Dejagah can play.   I thought everyone put in a good shift.  

YoungsBitter

I agree that when Sidwell came on for Kara we pressed less, sat back more and Sidwell occupies space next to Parker, Kara occupies and presses in front of him...we deserved more and were unlucky. If we play like this against Villa we should kill them COYW
Quark, strangeness and charm

Jack Fulham

Riise was in trouble when Lennon switched over to his wing. Wish he had a right foot. Good performance from us. Spurs just have that finer quality of player.

Fernhurst

The Villa game will be just as difficult ( they beat Southampton on their own pitch tonight) without the same spirit and conviction.
Impressed with the new gaffers performance. Balanced team with calm input from the touch line. If he can get us out of this predicament his stock will quickly rise.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

24Dejagacaniklic31

great showing from fulham under meulensteen. dejagah & kacaniklic were a constant threat from the first minute, & im glad to see ash getting his first prem goal. we'll need at least a striker and a defender this winter if we're to stay out of the relegation battle.

Ordar

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 04, 2013, 10:53:01 PM
Riise was in trouble when Lennon switched over to his wing. Wish he had a right foot. Good performance from us. Spurs just have that finer quality of player.

To be fair to Riise, he didnt get alot of support from Kaca tracking back, so I thought he did well. Lennon cant cross a ball anyway! Thought he did very well on his return

ross_bamping

The team was clearly chosen with how hard they worked in training. Riise did well today, having to defend very quick players. I was glad to see Dejagah on the score sheet, great confidence boost. Kaca was superb today, taking on players and actually getting somewhere. Like to see Kasami improve technically, his effort and passion are great, but he needs to work on his final third play. Hats off to Berba as well, held up the ball well, but, he should of scored. Bring on Villa.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Fulham_Surrey

With all due respect, the worst player on the pitch was Riise.  He should not even play on a pub team.  He was defending deep and Lennon was running circles around him.  Kaca had to help every time and could not get in attack freely.  We need a left back urgently.  Great play by Kasami and Dejagah and Kaca.  But everything dangerous created by us started with Berba.  Sure, he is a jerk for wanting out, but he still was the best player on the pitch.

Classic94

I have no complaints with tonight's performance. We showed guts, tenacity, spirit and desire. Riise has (rightly) copped a lot of stick, but he had a very good game. This said, all of our players did well. Was it not for 2 unbelievable strikes, we walk away with a 1-0 victory. We were extremely unfortunate not to get at least a point. 

twang

I though it was an obvious change of formation as well, with a #4 instead of a #10: Parker protecting the back four with Kasami and Kara ahead of him, taking turns to put pressure on the opposition. Think it suited us much better than to have two passengers up front. It was also nice to see some direct wing play again (how we have missed Dejagah!) and an actual plan when we had the ball.

Hats of to Berba too for being exactly the striker we need. Physically strong, putting himself about and excellent on the ball. If he could only find that finishing touch again.

The Rock

It should have been 3-1 spuds with that sitter that was missed in the first half, thank god it gave us a chance.

We looked better - that's what happens when you don't play Richardson as I've said all year. I love JAR but he's passed it. Still te best we got. Senderos was not dismal to be fair.

I'm as pleased as any we didn't lose 4-0, but we're still on 10 points. We need to win 2 of our next 5 to get to Jan, and it needs to start with Villa.

Amazing I still think everyone played well and how I think we'll be on 13-14 points 1/2 way thru.

alfie

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 04, 2013, 11:44:37 PM
With all due respect, the worst player on the pitch was Riise.  He should not even play on a pub team.  He was defending deep and Lennon was running circles around him.  Kaca had to help every time and could not get in attack freely.  We need a left back urgently.  Great play by Kasami and Dejagah and Kaca.  But everything dangerous created by us started with Berba.  Sure, he is a jerk for wanting out, but he still was the best player on the pitch.

funny how we see things differently, i thought Riise was excellent, he is of course past his best, but your comment is extremly unfair. The way i look at it is that he is on the pitch trying to do it and you are not.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Count Berbatov

I think Riise put in the effort, but made a lot of unforced errors. That said, he's twice the player Richardson is

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"