watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ruiz

Started by nose, December 08, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

having 11 players on the pitch playing a high energy game really showed how good we can be.

not only hasn't ruiz been missed his prescence away from the pitch has been a major advantage.

he really needs a spell on the bench before even slightly thinking of see him again.

PokerMatt

It's difficult to see where he would fit into the system we played today. The Berbatov role, I suppose, as he possesses the right technique for it, but he doesn't have the strength for it.

I've always been a huge fan of Ruiz, but yeah it's hard to see how he could improve things looking at how Rene wants us playing.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham76

Quote from: nose on December 08, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
having 11 players on the pitch playing a high energy game really showed how good we can be.

not only hasn't ruiz been missed his prescence away from the pitch has been a major advantage.

he really needs a spell on the bench before even slightly thinking of see him again.

I'm not a fan of Ruiz & agree he hasn't been missed, he simply doesn't fit in to a team that's fighting for survival - it's not his style.
I do think that maybe Jol had him in the wrong position & if things improve under Rene, he might blend him in so that he can perform like he does for Costa Rica & how he did in holland.

Berbasilk_111

Hmm I dont know nose, since the new manager has come in he has already got all the players playing at much higher levels then they previously did under Jol, I think the same would have applied to Ruiz had he come on, he can definitely make this side even better along with kasami who was also on the bench...

grandad

With Rene´s high energy style I don´t see where Ruiz would fit in. He has class but not the strength or passion. For the same reasons, Dempsey, if he came back, would be the same.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Well, he nearly scored when he came on against Spurs.

But can he play in out new, high tempo, pressing style? Rene seems to want grafters in the team, and to keep it fairly simple,  though today everyone played with more skill than we've seen for ages.

I think we might see him again, and he might realise his potential in the Prem.

Otherwise, he might forever be associated with the Jol regime.

Barrie

I think his role could be an impact sub like against Spurs, bring him on, play him in and around the edge of the box and see if he can make something happen

SKSW6

It's sad for such a nice guy and a talented player, but agree with everyone else that I can't see how he could get into the team on a regular basis. He's looked good when brought on from the bench a few times though, so for now that should be his role.

DukeTyrion

I think any of the 3 between Bent, Berbatov and Ruiz can play the front role. They would all just bring something very slightly different to it.

What we cannot have though, is more than 1 of the 3 on the pitch at the same time.

terryr

I don't care what Jol is thinking.
LOVE MY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanothefulhamfan

Ruiz is a great player... but not the right fit for Fulham.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think Ruiz could play as a line forward ala Berbatov in the new system.

JackyFulham90

He will struggle to make the line up but if we get the ball & move it quicker he can be effective playing behind Berbatov but he will need to track back a hell of a lot more

nose

i think ruiz's day is done, he has been rumbled by a proper manager and not the man that wasted a clossal fortune on him

he may be a nice guy but is woefully lacking as a premiership footballer

berba is a thoroughbred and showed his class, wonderful to see him back.. ruiz has never put in anything but the odd pass here and there.

i am amazed that some still seem to think he has a place here.....
mind you some people supported jol till virtually the end, some said best to leave him till january or even the end of the season, ruiz is much the same, i agree he seems a nice man so do not have any ill will towards him as i did the bully that was the old manager

Danitar

If we don't get any injuries during the Christmas period I can see Ruiz sold in January.

Jack Fulham

Unless he adapts to a position in the current system, he's not going to make the team. I don't think we will be seeing a formation change any time soon.

JackyFulham90

I think Ruiz will move back to a Dutch team in the January window

Barrie

Ive been a critic of Ruiz, but we saw flashes in his performances against Arsenal and in the 'harlem globetrotters' performance against Reading what Ruiz is capable of, even on the odd occasion showing the capacity to contend with the physical side of the game.  Maybe Some time out of the first team and working with Rene and his staff can rejuvenate him.  If not, I think he'll be gone at the end of the season.

Aaron

Gotta agree with the consensus here..

Nothing that made today's performance is in Ruiz' playing style..  I think he's had his day and really hope he gets back on top form for another club somewhere if he moves in January.  Very few ex-Fulham ever seem to deliver when they go elsewhere, I hope he's among the exceptions.

EJL

Ruiz should probably look for a move in January. The guy needs to stay fresh for the World Cup and ten minute cameos here and there won't do him much good.

If he can find a place in Rene's plans, I'd be over the moon. If or when he gets his chances, some of the fans have got to chill out a bit.