watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ruiz

Started by nose, December 08, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

get him in the gym get the other to bully him in training once he can do it stick him behind berba

PokerMatt

Quote from: Nero on December 09, 2013, 12:16:43 PM
get him in the gym get the other to bully him in training once he can do it stick him behind berba

I'm not so sure about him being behind Berba. With Berba dropping so deep naturally (which is perfect for the advanced wingers tactic) a number 10 in there as well would clutter things up. With Berba there's space for one of the two slightly more advanced CMs to join each attack and for us still to be solid defensively. For me it's Berba or Ruiz playing the deep lying striker role, but not both. Obviously Berba's added strength and his sheer vision make him first choice.

I love Ruiz, although obviously agree that he has woefully underperformed, but I don't want him to be put into the side just for the sake of it. Otherwise we're heading back down the path we've just come from.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bassey the warrior

He's playing for his future. It's too soon to write him off or anyone for that matter. I'm impressed with Meulensteen and feel he may be able to get better use from Ruiz.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 09, 2013, 09:45:06 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ruiz' workrate or desire.

I do think he needs just a little more time and space than he's been used to getting. He also likes to move the ball forward.

With two wingers and a couple of midfield workers he could easly be the playmaker we're lacking. With more options for his passing he can release the ball earlier and with workers alongside him he won't have to do as much of the ugly stuff.

I wouldn't write him off yet. Whatever else he clearly cares.

well said
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

Quote from: K33NY on December 09, 2013, 09:40:38 AM
Ruiz was more than obvious the most wasted 10 mill pounds to ever have been spent?

one word..Marlet
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

Quote from: HatterDon on December 09, 2013, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 09, 2013, 09:45:06 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ruiz' workrate or desire.

I do think he needs just a little more time and space than he's been used to getting. He also likes to move the ball forward.

With two wingers and a couple of midfield workers he could easly be the playmaker we're lacking. With more options for his passing he can release the ball earlier and with workers alongside him he won't have to do as much of the ugly stuff.

I wouldn't write him off yet. Whatever else he clearly cares.

well said
I agree with this.

If our recent style of play continues, with the running down the wings, cutting in to the box, etc. etc. then this will suit him to a tee. He struggles when the team lacks purpose, sits back, and offers no options.

Count Berbatov

I love watching Ruiz control the ball. Intricate passing. Good eye for the killer pass. I would hope Rene finds a way to utilize him. He's talented. Not many of those come to Fulham, or stay. No offense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

I love Ruiz, he's like football's equivalent of a ballet dancer. I really hope Rene can bring out the best in him, I think Jol playing him in unsuitable positions sapped his confidence.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on December 09, 2013, 08:53:11 PM
I love Ruiz, he's like football's equivalent of a ballet dancer. I really hope Rene can bring out the best in him, I think Jol playing him in unsuitable positions sapped his confidence.

Totally agree but I suspect we'll have to get out of the hole that Jol has got us into before he gets the chance to show what he can do.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Count Berbatov

I still don't know what his best position is..

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MrProphet

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 09, 2013, 09:03:23 PM
I still don't know what his best position is..

I'd say he's found it.... The bench

Sorry but he can't tackle or press so wont play in the middle has no pace so can't play on the wing and can't hold the ball up and bring others in up top.

Cut our losses and get him gone in January I'm not sure how Jol can be accused of sapping him confidence us fans did that. Jol clearly loved the guy as he was one of the first on the team sheet

YoungsBitter

I can't see Ruiz adding much in the current line up as he cannot play with his back to goal and hold the ball up, in fact I am not sure Bent can either so if Berb is off in Jan transfer window or injured we need help to play this system. He can play as #10 behind Berba but he cannot press like Karagounis so we would be back to 442 and we know we don't do well at that.
Quark, strangeness and charm

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Someone mentioned control.
That 'trap' as we used to call them, when Berbatov just stopped a high ball dead, seemingly on his toe was incredible, the bet piece of skill in the game.
Watching on TV over here I'm sure I heard a few in the crowd gasp, there was
some applause as well.
Welcome back Berbatov.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

nose

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 09, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
Someone mentioned control.
That 'trap' as we used to call them, when Berbatov just stopped a high ball dead, seemingly on his toe was incredible, the bet piece of skill in the game.
Watching on TV over here I'm sure I heard a few in the crowd gasp, there was
some applause as well.
Welcome back Berbatov.

we gasped and it was audible all round!

nose

I am amazed so many people still have faith in ruiz.
in 2 1/2 years he has produced so little, improved, not at all. he hasn't got the pace of the game and the odd pass or interception is way below what is required.
Baid and gera started slow but by hard work and digging in the turned round their fortunes, not because they were naturally gifted.  but ruiz's fabled talent is rarely on show and he is genuinely a lighweight, the one position I would fear for him is playing the lone striker like berba yesterday, and i would fear for us too, we would be back to 10 men with a passenger, and a soul destroyiing passenger. he has played  wide, in the middle, off the front man, and none of them has he showed any sign of being up to it. he is a nice fellow i am sure, but just not good enough, if our fortunes were to depend on him, we would be in big trouble.

Berserker

I just think he is massively talented.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berbasilk_111

Quote from: Berserker on December 09, 2013, 10:40:37 PM
I just think he is massively talented.
Completely agree, its just that one of the worst managers to ever grace Fulham had possibly brought out the worst in Ruiz; I honestly think what we have seen is Ruiz playing at about 30-40% of his potential ability thus far, and i'm confident he will finally reach his full potential and find his feet under Rene, if he is given the chance...  :drums:

callumc513

Personally, I would say that my appreciation of Ruíz is somewhat irrational given his current form. There's just something charmingly 'Fulhamish' about him that I can't really explain.

Azeedo

Quote from: nose on December 09, 2013, 10:13:25 PM
in 2 1/2 years he has produced so little, improved, not at all. he hasn't got the pace of the game and the odd pass or interception is way below what is required.
Baid and gera started slow but by hard work and digging in the turned round their fortunes, not because they were naturally gifted.  but ruiz's fabled talent is rarely on show and he is genuinely a lighweight, the one position I would fear for him is playing the lone striker like berba yesterday, and i would fear for us too, we would be back to 10 men with a passenger, and a soul destroyiing passenger. he has played  wide, in the middle, off the front man, and none of them has he showed any sign of being up to it. he is a nice fellow i am sure, but just not good enough, if our fortunes were to depend on him, we would be in big trouble.
Dude you are a Ruiz hater since day none of your arguments carry any weight.....

RidgeRider

Quote from: nose on December 09, 2013, 10:13:25 PM

thing is he looks good for Costa Rica. I think it's the way he has been coached...or not coached in this case. We should wait to see what Rene can do with the lad before we write him off completely.