watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

rene accent!

Started by tonynorton, December 09, 2013, 07:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonynorton

Does anyone think our new boss has a slighty awesome but very weird accent??

Jamie88

Just sounds a bit Dutch to me!

JBH

Sort of Dutchmancurian  xma1

westcliff white

Exactly JBH he has tinged of manc in there
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Yes, he sounds more Northern than Dutch to me.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Luffy86

Love his voice!! He's so calming and talks a lot of truth and sense!!

sipwell

Watched him on MOTD2 yesterday. His accent is by no means Dutch. That was the first Mrs. Sipwell and myself said to one another: "He's Dutch! Where did he learn to speak like a non-Dutchie????"
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

premFlem

Defo a dutch manc ,who could forget steve mclarens pseudo dutch accent after just a few months of living there. or norwegian Jan molbys scouse accent at liverpool.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Burt

The most curious accent I have come across is the CEO of our company. I work for a large-ish US tech company that is headed up by a Brit who has been out there for c15 years. He was born in Birmingham, and so the accent is a strange mix of English, Brummie and American.

He is also a massive Villa supporter, so I think in the interests of career longevity I will not gloat too much  :dft011:

Dragoman

I like to do impresssions of our managers. Woy and Jol were very easy but Rene... well, that's a challenge. I think that you have to start with a Dutch accent and then override it with the odd bit of Manc! Unlike so many managers, esp. AVB, Rene is easy listening.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Burt on December 09, 2013, 10:38:52 AM
The most curious accent I have come across is the CEO of our company. I work for a large-ish US tech company that is headed up by a Brit who has been out there for c15 years. He was born in Birmingham, and so the accent is a strange mix of English, Brummie and American.

He is also a massive Villa supporter, so I think in the interests of career longevity I will not gloat too much  :dft011:

The most curious accent in the world is Owen Hargreaves. During the course of a sentence he can go through all three of his accents (Canadian, German, English), it is just baffling to listen to
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JBH

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 09, 2013, 12:04:11 PM

He is also a massive Villa supporter, so I think in the interests of career longevity I will not gloat too much  :dft011:

The most curious accent in the world is Owen Hargreaves. During the course of a sentence he can go through all three of his accents (Canadian, German, English), it is just baffling to listen to

Total agree and its also baffling how Hargreaves ever got to where an England shirt!

cmg

Watching the after match interviews on MotD last night, I was most amused to note that the 'foreign' manager, despite his interesting Mansterdam accent, was articulate and enlightening, wheras the 'Brit' was all but incomprehensible.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: JBH on December 09, 2013, 12:27:50 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 09, 2013, 12:04:11 PM

Total agree and its also baffling how Hargreaves ever got to where an England shirt!

If he can put on an England shirt, then so can Adnan Januzaj
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MikeCdawg

Didi Hamaan's German/Scouse accent is hilarious

sipwell

Quote from: cmg on December 09, 2013, 12:42:12 PM
, wheras the 'Brit' was all but incomprehensible.

I have never understood what he said. He looks like he plays a game where he does not move his lips when he talks. He merely opens his mouth...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

cmg

Jan Molby still sounds as if he comes from the Knotty Ash area of Copenhagen.

Black, White and Fred

Did you hear Klinsmann after the world cup draw? So much yank in his accent, how long has he even been there?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Huxley

At least now I don't  have to turn the volume of youtube and also my laptop volume to full, and still press by against the speaker to try to hear/understand Jol!

EJL

Quote from: 1879 on December 09, 2013, 01:35:35 PM
Did you hear Klinsmann after the world cup draw? So much yank in his accent, how long has he even been there?
Best part of 15 years, I think.