News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This window where should we invest the most heavily?

Started by Baggins, December 09, 2013, 07:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where should we be investing the most in January?

Defence
14 (16.3%)
Midfield
29 (33.7%)
Up front
12 (14%)
All the above
31 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: December 23, 2013, 07:50:39 PM

Baggins

Personally I feel we need more options up front.
COYW!

Burt

Welcome to FOF Mr Baggins sir...

You forgot to add "all of the above" to your voting list  :dft011:

MrProphet

Yeah all of the above was my initial thought however after watching renes style in his first two games I'd say two more wingers with pace as cover for dejagh and kaca as hitting teams quickly is a huge asset and our other options of duff, Ruiz and kasami don't offer that.
Also the high pressing game calls for legs in the middle and in Kara Parker and Sidwell we have 60-70 minute legs and we need quality to come in when the going gets tough.
Also would like to see a big strong target man type who can play up front by himself hold the ball up and bring our pacey wingers in to play whIle being a threat with our new found ability for crossing the ball. Whether berba goes or not I cannot see any of our other forwards flitting in to the new system

K33NY

Craven Mad

Hard to say right this second. The team today is not the same as it was 2 weeks ago. If berba stays, my prediction is that we'll spend most in the middle of the park - the players are oldest there, and least effective. I think Rene will logically conclude that Bent/Berba/Hugo have all been proven goalscorers, but are lacking service.

That's not to say I don't think we need a new LB, CF, Winger, and maybe RB too, but our midfield is old, weak or not creative.

Fernhurst

Welcome Mr Baggins , hope your posts are cheerful bright and optimistic   :58:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Baggins

Thanks guys just starting to get used to the board, I've been an avid reader of this board for a while now. COYW
COYW!

Berserker

Bilbo or Frodo : - )
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YoungsBitter

We need a new left back as regardless of his efforts against Spurs and Villa Riise is still crap - his passing was woeful again on Saturday. Midfield we need someone who combines Sidwell's energy with Parker's nouse and Kasami's age, Kara is a god but he cannot nor should not be the linch pin of our team at 36.
Quark, strangeness and charm

grandad

A lot depends if Berba stays or not. If he stays Bent, who Rene is giving him the works in getting fit, & Rodders when also fully fit will be fine for this season.
I would like to see another Central Defender as Hangers will be out for quite a time. We do need another LB as cover for Riise. Don´t ever want to see Richardson again.
MF I think we are OK with for this season.
Right wing cover for Ash would be helpful.
Where there's a will there's a wife

farfouille

If we are to play with 3 central midfielders, these would be a priority for Rene. Second is defense as he pointed out that we don't have discipline there. But I think and hope that Khan will give him the funds for "all of the above". 

xma1
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Baggins

COYW!

Danitar

Now that mr khan has experienced life in the relegation zone, I think he will invest heavily so we never get that bad again.

callumc513

CB is probably the most pressing concern, Hughes (don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of his) will potentially be getting too old next season and Hangeland isn't good enough. Unless we regularly use Dan Burn, we'd need cover for Amore + Senderos.

HatterDon

Whatever Rene considers his priority is fine with me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on December 10, 2013, 02:43:39 AM
Whatever Rene considers his priority is fine with me.

Agreed, so long as the funds were agreed in principle when he took the job. Not long to go now and one would hope that discussions are in hand for early action.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JBH

We need to strengthen but alot of players will be over priced in January so unless Berba decides to leave I only really expect 1 or 2 new faces to come  065.gif xma1

Max Headroom

We will get some loan players in.... De Bruyne anyone?

JBH

Quote from: Max Headroom on December 10, 2013, 07:57:52 AM
We will get some loan players in.... De Bruyne anyone?

We already have 2 loans from domestic teams so any more would have to come from abroad

TonyGilroy

The turnaround has been impressive so for me the obvious thing is to see how we go in the next 4 or 5 games. We may be OK as we are.

The options in January are limited - players others don't want or overseas players who will probably take time to settle.

If the last two games were the first of the season I think we'd all be happy with the squad. Even the aged midfield three have backup in Kasami and Boateng plus, whisper it, Ruiz.

It's quite possible that some of those not playing would actually do well if introduced to this set up.

I'd save the money for the summer.