News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - What did you want to be growing up ?

Started by Sammyffc, December 10, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

i thought id change it up away from football in another sammy fashion  064.gif

i was speaking to my old man the other day and was asking him what he actually wanted to be when he was growing up ? considering he owns his own printing business i thought that couldn't of been his life ambition if that makes sense !

he told me that he tried to apply for the Military Police however failed due to the height restrictions back then and then didn't really know , so he started working for a printing firm when he was 18 , and now has his own business in that field ! The mother is a designer and she wanted to be a psychologist !

Considering I'm at the tender age of 21 i've been thinking a lot recently of what i want to do , i've looked at many roles since i've finished my degree and I'm very much leaning towards the Royal Marines due to the fact i get bored of any normal job very quick haha !

what was yours ?  065.gif

rusty shackleford

I wanted to be a postman until i was about 9 or 10, then I wanted to be a commentator for the WWF

Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

Then when I was a teenager I wanted to be a rock star which nearly happened after getting signed to BMG but alas it didn't work out. You could see craven cottage from their HQ beside Putney Bridge, which I was more excited about than anything in the building because id never been before then.

DukeTyrion

I wanted to be a VET until about 9, then I decided I wanted to be an accountant or joint he navy.

I failed the medical to become a trainee officer for the navy, so I became an accountant.

The Equalizer

I wanted to be a mechanic.

I ended up as a professional lounge lizard and international playboy.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Vinnieffc

Being a child of the 60's, I was utterly caught up in the Moon landings and wanted to be an astronaut. By the age of about 11 this changed and I fancied being a long distance lorry driver. Leading up to leaving school I changed again and wanted to work in radio communications (on a technical level) and applied to join the RAF on an apprenticeship. This was rejected on the basis that I'm not a British national !! (Believe that rule has subsequently been relaxed now to allow EU nationals). Anyway, must have been something in it as I'm now an IT Comms Engineer.  :merry christmas:

SuffolkWhite

I wanted to be Gordon Davies  :Haynes The Maestro:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

cmg

I wanted to be a grown-up.

Never did make it.

Quite pleased really. From observation it seems over rated.

The Bronsons

I wanted to be a writer. Then a rock star. Then a writer again. Then a full-time poker player.

Not a total failure at any of them as I got to make a record and had several books published and made a decent second income at poker for a few years. But I've mainly worked in admin and latterly on computers, and that's what pays the mortgage and the bills.

jms

I wanted to be a professional footballer, but as a 'mere girl' there wasn't even a local girls / women's team I could belong to, and as for a school team, forget it. Thank goodness the 21st century is gradually becoming a little more enlightened !

Jack Fulham

No idea what I wanted to be but I'm currently on my 2nd gap year so still no idea. I've fallen into insurance as a commercial account executive. I want to study history at uni, the fees are a bit hideous but I've got a place at Portsmouth Uni next year if I decide to go. Hoping to do a bit of travelling in Asia after Glastonbury.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 10, 2013, 05:23:47 PM

And compulsive liar ;)

Conway on the wing

I wanted to be a lollipop man, only another 11years then i can apply  :005:
:merry christmas:

grandad

I wanted to be a surgeon commander in the Royal Navy. No watchkeeping duties. Top pay & in peacetime not a lot to do.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Rhys Lightning 63

First a physiotherapist, then at the age of about 11 I decided I wanted to be a Sports Journalist. I subsequently failed to pay attention to any and all pointless subjects in school such as Geography and Art
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ron

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 10, 2013, 05:23:47 PM

A tough job that, but someone has to do it.. :54:

somerset cockernee

i wanted to be a pumpkin farmer.....a couple of busy days just before Halloween, then easy street for the rest of the year

K33NY

sunburywhite

I wanted to be a Moderator on Friends of Fulham LOL
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

BestOfBrede

Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 08:04:47 PM
Wanted to be an archeologist :)
I wanted to a gynaecologist - alas, I had to plump for being Casanova!