watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U-18s win 4-1 in the cup

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, December 12, 2013, 09:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

I've read the club website report of the match re. Fulham's 4-1 win over QPR (3rd round of the FA Youth Cup) but did anyone go, and be able to give us feedback? :49:

epsomraver

Already on here from last night, I went, cracking game see http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=34702.0

Jack Fulham

Lifted from TIFF - post by Spigs

Please scroll by if you are not interested in our Under 18s.

When God's own club meet the infidels of Shepherd's Bush there should only be one result....and there was. The 'Big Club's' more illustrious neighbours were in town.

QPR started the brighter and played an high tempo attacking game for the first 20 minutes, catching Fulham slow out of the blocks. For a second I feared the sort of display that the 1st team had put up at the Stade Del Mecanno last season. That feeling soon disappeared as I know what these lads can do and they do not put up a white flag. It pains me to admit that Fulham were lucky not to concede on at least 2 occasions.

Early uncharacteristic mistakes by Captain Liam Donnelly, Cameron Burgess and keeper Marek Rodak did not instil confidence in the defensive capabilities on the night. However, Liam and Cameron both showed great steely fighting character after their shaky starts. As the whole game progressed, Cameron Burgess grew in belief, confidence and stature and his towering presence marshalled the centre of defence snuffling out virtually everything that QPR threw at him. Liam gradually gave his usual steely performance as Captain.

At the 20 minute stage Fulham were awarded a free kick just outside the QPR penalty area attacking the Loft end. Cometh the hour cometh the man. As Pat Roberts stepped up and sized up the possibilities, such is my confidence in this lad that the smell of a goal was more powerful that the smell of the burgers. Rangers' wall looked decent but Pat simply bent the ball over the wall with outrageous calm that was pure Berbatov in 'cool' application. 1-0 Fulham.

The goal temporarily knocked the stuffing out of QPR and Fulham attacks were fast and plentiful being rewarded with a goal after 26 minutes by the hard working Dean O'Halloran playing as a loan striker. 2-0 Fulham.

QPR played their way back and scored quite quickly after about 30 minutes from a set piece. A corner was not properly dealt with and I believe it was Harley Wise who rose above the defence heading in from about 8 yards. A soft goal which I am sure Steve Wigley will address in post match anlysis.

George Williams occupied our wide left spot and his forages into enemy territory were causing all sorts of problems for QPR's right sided defence. A quality dribble saw him deservedly extend our lead to 3-1 after 38 minutes and a subsequent Hyndman toe poke after 40 minutes almost made it 4 after good approach play.

Rodak dropped a ball that he should have caught but luckily it didn't cost us.

Half Time: 3-1 Fulham and my first half MOTM was George Williams.

Fulham were out first seemingly eager to give a football lesson to the 'Big Club' in front of what I would guess would be a crowd north of 500. Good to see decent Fulham support and, whilst not seeing them, I was reliably told that CEO Alistair Mackintosh was in attendance along with Kit Symons (no surprise there).

The professionalism of Fulham was evident during the half time break. Emerson Hyndman had missed a number of matches through injury and his great touch was a bit rusty. However, he spent the entire break out on the pitch getting his touch right by a quick pass and move routine aided by our substitutes. Full marks to Fulham management and the lad for recognizing the shortfall in his normally high standards and dealing with it.

The second half belonged almost entirely to Fulham. Williams hit a post after a great passing movement by Hyndeman and Roberts on the 50 minute mark. If the first half showcased William's talents the second half became a Pat Roberts master class. I lost count of the defence splitting passes of precision that originated from his boot but he was carving the QPR defence to pieces. What made it even better was that QPR had tried to man mark him but his ability to lose the marker was becoming more evident as the game progressed.

Now at this time young left back Jordan Evans was increasing his speedy raids down the left flank and Pat was drawing players and threading through balls to Jordan and others for fun, through a tightly compact QPR rearguard. On 53 minutes one such pass of millimetre precision found Jordan who scored a richly deserved goal. 4-1 Fulham.

The rest of the half was one way traffic and after about 70 minutes, Fulham spent some time playing keep ball using the full width of the paddock. It was a Pat Roberts master class and his passing, control and vision brought me in mind of the great Steed Malbranque.

Fulham replaced the hard working Hyndman on 85 minutes with Noe Baba and on 89 minutes Josh Smile was replaced by Adebayo Edun.

For those that have never attended an Under 18 or Under 21 game it is not normally one for crowd chants but credit must be given to Cliffy Deans for his solo rendition 'Same old Fulham...taking the piss' after about 70 minutes.

Starting Eleven: Rodak, Donnelly, Evans, Adebayo, Burgess, Sambou, Roberts, Smile, O'Halloran, Hyndman and Williams.

Subs not used: Magnus Norman (g/k), Ryheem Sheckleford and Shane Elworthy.

My MOTM; Pat Roberts but Jordan Evans (2nd half), Solomon Sambou and George Williams (1st half) also had great games.

Well done lads. A job very well done and great value at £3 even if does go into the Hoop's coffers.

COYSW

cmg

Nice report.
Apart from the 'spot the deliberate error'. Hyndman and Roberts do look a bit similar - although I think Patrick has grown a bit recently.

Artful Dodger

Quality impartial reporting.....love it!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Rhys Lightning 63

UUUUUH, I take issue with the opening sentence. In no way shape or form did QPR dominate the early stages, the only time they did was right after they scored their goal, they did look as if they could have scored a second soon after (we then stopped them by hitting them on the counter)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

David Allen Crankshaw

A great win and when Dembele is available again we should be quite formidable in the competition.

elgreenio

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on December 12, 2013, 03:09:54 PM
A great win and when Dembele is available again we should be quite formidable in the competition.

was saying last night that I don't think he'll actually play unless we get to the semi's or draw a big team. He's gone beyond u18 level now especially with Woodrow out on loan.
touch my camera through the fence

epsomraver

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on December 12, 2013, 03:09:54 PM

they are already formidable from what I saw last night

elgreenio

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/13/qpr-u18s-video

all should watch if only for Pat Roberts' assist for the 4th  :Haynes The Maestro:
touch my camera through the fence

JBH

Rhys Lightning 63

The Club can confirm that Fulham's Under-18 side have been drawn away to Tottenham Hotspur in the Fourth Round of the FA Youth Cup.

The fixture will take place at Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road and will be played before Saturday 25th January. Confirmation of the exact date will be published on fulhamfc.com in due course.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SouthfieldWhite

If Dembele is fit, he will play, no doubt about it

It's a shame a lot of people said they'd go to QPR then didn't, but we didn't need the vocal support, but against Spurs it will be completely different and we can make that difference.

This is one of the toughest draws we could of got, but have every faith the u18s can win

Coyws

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 13, 2013, 01:20:36 PM

This is one of the toughest draws we could of got

Fulham top and Spurs 2nd in the U-18s Premier League - but Brisbane Road will be a 'neutral' ground if we can get enough supporters to go. Any chance of the club putting on a free coach?