watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR 40k stadium to be built...

Started by KingstonWhite, December 12, 2013, 11:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingstonWhite

once again another step towards QPR's financial meltdown !! Tony needs to ask himself why they've used so many stadiums in the past.. the fact they had to try and franchise themselves with us to create Fulham Park Rangers.. am i the only person who thinks TF might have been hit on the head as a baby?! honestly if they build this new stadium, i can see them collapsing.. there is no way they would be able to sell out a 40k stadium, they just aren't big enough! thoughts on an Am6iti0us new stadium lads?

Whiteroom

I'm a mixture of slightly worried, and baffled. Can't see how it would work, but if it did then that could be pretty bad news.

God The Mechanic

Unless you have crazy success, a smaller club making it big in London surely has to be pretty much impossible.  40k would be the 3rd biggest in the capital(?), behind Chelsea and Arsenal.  Bigger than Spurs, who have spend a billion quid in the last few years.  Really not sure how that would be sustainable, but they can try if they want!

Rupert

Where is this stadium to be built? If it is further out in West London, it could be good for us as it reduces the immediate competition. If it is built, how long will it take?
I don't like the bitters, but I do not want to see them go out of business, we've been too close to that ourselves to wish it on anyone else. Except Chesterfield.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Rupert on December 12, 2013, 11:39:23 PM
Where is this stadium to be built? If it is further out in West London, it could be good for us as it reduces the immediate competition. If it is built, how long will it take?
I don't like the bitters, but I do not want to see them go out of business, we've been too close to that ourselves to wish it on anyone else. Except Chesterfield.

When I did my radio show, we had a QPR fan hosting who worked for the club. Apparently Ealing is thought to be where they are planning to move to
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

KingstonWhite

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 12, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: Rupert on December 12, 2013, 11:39:23 PM

When I did my radio show, we had a QPR fan hosting who worked for the club. Apparently Ealing is thought to be where they are planning to move to

so guessing by the reaction im the only person who thinks if this new stadium flops that they could collapse? the guy who owns QPR has already put them 60 million in debt, he really does not have a concept of football finance, like Rupert i dont want anything happening to QPR as there are actually fans who enjoy their football and QPR keeps them going !! but honestly from an outsiders point of view this could be even worse than Portsmouth!! Pompey did things under the radar whereas QPR are not.. i really wish someone would sit TF down & show him the story of Portsmouth. Forgot to add this in...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2311854/New-stadium-crucial-for-Portsmouth.html

Andy S

The difficulty I see is wherever you build it you need a fair proportion of people who have never travelled to do so. As the vast majority of their support comes from the White City Estate most do not pay to go to games. Secondly you need a product to sell. At the minute they haven't got one. to get one that will bring in 40,000 you need to through money at it for years and do what Chelsea have done or you do it over 20 or so years and get the next generation of supporters in. I think a stadium like MK Dons (Spit) have built with the top tia not in use until needed would be best. But give me the Cottage any day or night

fulham traveller

it all depends how well they are doing, you could get drifting fans go there, maybe another 6000, not 40k, it took cfc years to sell out, you cant blame there chairman for lack of ambition

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 12, 2013, 11:33:57 PM
Unless you have crazy success, a smaller club making it big in London surely has to be pretty much impossible.  40k would be the 3rd biggest in the capital(?), behind Chelsea and Arsenal.  Bigger than Spurs, who have spend a billion quid in the last few years.  Really not sure how that would be sustainable, but they can try if they want!

West Ham will have 60K after they move.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MasterHaynes

The development is at OLD OAK Common and will include another'westfield shopping centre and residential area, the property Sales , Rents and Leases will fund the stadium and club.
I'm starting to get worried, we have heard nothing about the start of the new stand apart from Khan's first comment on taking over, Khan appears to be averse to investing anynore money over his initial investment. I fear a ground share on the not so distant Horizon with QPR, Fulham and 'London' Jaguars - Khans real interest.

Slaphead in Qatar

They may want to focus on filling their 18k stadium first before building a 40k home.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 13, 2013, 07:56:32 AM
The development is at OLD OAK Common and will include another'westfield shopping centre and residential area, the property Sales , Rents and Leases will fund the stadium and club.
I'm starting to get worried, we have heard nothing about the start of the new stand apart from Khan's first comment on taking over, Khan appears to be averse to investing anynore money over his initial investment. I fear a ground share on the not so distant Horizon with QPR, Fulham and 'London' Jaguars - Khans real interest.
This really is putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 !
Somehow the Ha Ha's building a new stadium becomes Khan selling us down the river?

The Enclosurite

Maybe they'll offer a free season ticket with every new home they build.
¡COYW!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 13, 2013, 07:56:32 AM

You answered your own question.

If this is self funded by all the ancillary developments why invite Fulham in? If this was a joint initiative then it would be announced as such.

It's way too early to judge what sort of owner Khan will be but he has said all the right things, appears to be a decent and friendly man and has taken decisive action to deal with our management problem.

This may or may not be a great deal for QPR. It'll take years to build and years to fill and takes them geographically further away from us.

It's a fact that they are backed by seriously wealthy people.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Whiteroom on December 12, 2013, 11:16:31 PM
I'm a mixture of slightly worried, and baffled. Can't see how it would work, but if it did then that could be pretty bad news.

Why the worry? The clowns that are currently running that circus are just taking yet another big step to financial ruin not to mention hopeful administration followed by liquidation.  064.gif

Buffalo76

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 13, 2013, 08:05:56 AM
They may want to focus on filling their 18k stadium first before building a 40k home.

:dead horse:

Buffalo76

Quote from: KingstonWhite on December 12, 2013, 11:07:47 PM
once again another step towards QPR's financial meltdown !! Tony needs to ask himself why they've used so many stadiums in the past.. the fact they had to try and franchise themselves with us to create Fulham Park Rangers.. am i the only person who thinks TF might have been hit on the head as a baby?! honestly if they build this new stadium, i can see them collapsing.. there is no way they would be able to sell out a 40k stadium, they just aren't big enough! thoughts on an Am6iti0us new stadium lads?

:down_under:

RoyTund

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/12/qpr-new-stadium-loftus-road

You get the impression that unless they say "our loyal and passionate supporters" in every press release Paul Parker will be on Talksh1te telling everyone they are mini-man utd (just without the trophies and fans).

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Whiteroom on December 12, 2013, 11:16:31 PM

I agree it could be bad news.  Would feel less so, if three sides of our ground were not temporary stands and that the riverside expansion had started !?!?!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Marching at full speed towards liquidation with good old 'Arry and Tony Clown Fernandes at the helm. Brilliant news.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!